Dynamo Pre-Season 2013

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Offebacher, Nov 1, 2012.

1. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'd add emphasis on WE! Us, the fans. I sure hope the stadium is more orange than green on March 5th! I want to keep the unbeaten streak alive and it needs to be a true "home game" for our guys.

brahmafutbol repped this.
  2. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been telling my friends and others that asking about the season starting to forget about the home opener and get tickets to santos

ImaPuppy repped this.
  3. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Yep, I did the same. I bought ten extra tickets for friends for Santos.

4. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I thought there supposed to be a attendance cap for visiting teams like for the CCL match against Santos Laguna?

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Attendance cap? You mean a limit on how many Santos fans can buy a ticket? How would the team know who is a Santos fan? And what would keep Dynamo fans from buying tickets for Santos fans or just scalping their tickets?

6. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I think he meant official visiting supporters groups. People who could be put into one section or something like that. Which of course is irrelevant in this case because most Santos supporters will be locals not travelling support.

7. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as I don't get piss thrown on me in my own stadium again, I'll be happy. Friggin' Olimpia game...

8. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Um, that was me and yes I'm a Dynamo fan. It was personal.

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ching still not signed yet. Kinda hard to figure out what is taking so long. Me thinks there was a difference of opinion in value but the team is bent over because he is still the public face of the franchise.

10. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to tweets from the jersey unveiling media event, Chabala and Arena are in, but Nealis was cut.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Arena came a bit cheaper

12. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Either one was reserve salary so it didn't matter if one was a few grand different. I think they liked the upside of Arena in the attack.

13. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Somewhat surprised about Nealis, I had pretty high hopes for him. Not surprised Arena made it though, that was a nice pickup in the supplemental.

Chewy back in huh..hmm

14. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    After watching the last game, I had a feeling Chabala was going to make the squad at the expense of Nealis. Chewie was spraying the ball around against Charleston. It was a pretty impressive display IMHO. Don't recall him passing that well during his last stint here. Long passes, short passes, gives and go's...it was a complete performance.

15. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ....and Chabala's hair looks great. already in mid-season form. forgot to ask him what product he prefers.

cougarclaws, El Naranja and Heft repped this.
  16. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew it was you. However, nobody believes the fat hispanic dude that's screaming about urine!

redinthemorning repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to The Goalkeeper (Philly beat writer), MLS tweaked the roster rules to eliminate the allocation money a team could get for not filling its last two roster spots ($35k each spot).

18. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was liking Nealis as well. Pretty shocked by this. We probably needed a solid center back more than an outside back?

19. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    the explanation may be that we play in a minimum of 41 official games this year in 4 tournaments. im thinking he needed someone who was ready to go from game 1 (DCU) or 2 (Santos).

20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no earthly idea on how anyone would think this is going to be applied fairly during the season. I understand the concept and the need (like when a hothead runs in from 30 yards away to escalate it), but this is almost impractical to implement without making it wussy soccer.

Under these rules, you wouldn't even have a CCL tourney because every team would get banned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...02/27/mls-institutes-mass-confrontation-rule/

Levy2k6 repped this.
  21. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    IIRC Liga MX tried this I believe it only lasted around 2 match days.

22. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere that Areana has played both before.

23. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After watching crying KC all last season, i am encouraged by these rules. It was getting out of hand. I don’t see a problem with a crowd of players after a foul (which I see youre saying the prosecution of could create wussy soccer), but typically its not long before the ref is in the middle of it and then the gang is on him. THAT is the point where I would see the punishments handed out. Once the official arrives then players need to disperse. Teams like KC and San Jose cry and disrespectfully gang up on officials all the time last year and I think it needs to stop.

24. Htownkraut

Htownkraut Member

Jan 12, 2011
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I don't see any cons to this happening.