Dynamo D - One of worst in league?

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Jambon, Jun 25, 2012.

1. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    re: DonJuego's comment.

i think Moffat deserves some of the blame. not all of it, because all of our other 6 defenders in the rotation have been bad at one time or another. but you have to ask yourselves why the opposing offense has walked in our defensive 1/3 with a full head of steam.

Heft repped this.
  2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This is close to what I believe also. Many of our problems begin in the midfield.

3. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it isn't illegal, it should be.

JC507 repped this.
  4. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think noise level is pretty good. I really thought crowd involvement in 2nd half of the TFC really influenced the come back.

But I also sit near SGs...

But sometimes I hear the upper deck above me being pretty loud in random cheering

5. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would have been nice to have the SGs up there center behind the goal. Just looks like they would do better up there.

JC507 repped this.
  6. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would have been perfect

7. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Um, have you seen enough soccer games?

Height matters for striker up top, centerbacks, defensive midfielders, and goalies. Outside backs however can't really be too tall because they have to be speedy and very mobile. If they are tall, great. If not, it's not required at THAT position.

8. thptrek

thptrek New Member

May 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    When a team is giving up a lot of goals, like the Dynamo are right now, you almost always can track the problem down to the midfield. Without control of the center space other teams are consistently pressuring our backline.

Another overall factor I think is our team speed. We are just plain slow.

anderson repped this.
  9. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Which is my main argument against playing Taylor over Ashe. You would get even slower with the combo of Geoff, .com, Taylor and Hainault. No you can make the argument of acquiring another LB but that's just not a priority at the moment as we can agree that CAM and FWD need an upgrade first.

10. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Up through about March or April you might have been right, the defense was generally solid, had helped us make a final, and the gestalt impression was that what was holding us back was attacking firepower. We couldn't even manage a goal in the final, well, really, much of an attack without Davis. I'd have said, CM, RM.

But after 3-1, 2-1, 3-3, and 4-2, "no one can make the argument?" With Cameron potentially to be transferred, "no one can make the argument?" Now that starts to sound like a FO agenda cooked up in the spring, as they patted themselves on the back for the quick start and obsessed over Boniek, that's not adjusting to facts on the ground. At minimum we should be running trialists through town.

Don't get me wrong, I think CM should be a priority, but we have a defense that increasingly sucks and when you play with lineups you're like, oh, crap, he can't play with him because these guys would all be too slow. And it's one of the few athletes who's rumored to be in the shop window. Hint, hint.

I think we need a F upgrade but I see the production there as to some extent reflecting lack of service and attacking support, I think it's serviceable.

*rey* repped this.