News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What game are they attending?? Manchester United's last match??

2. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    The game PSV - Feyenoord

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heitinga goes 60 minutes for Fulham before coming off with a thigh injury. He's part of a three back defense that concedes three goals, the third followed a dumb foul by Heitinga leading to a wicked free kick by Eriksen. Based on today's game he is not a candidate for the NT.

4. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Nathan Ake and Marco Van Ginkel are expected to start for Chelsea today against Liverpool when they field a weakened 11

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Vilhena got a couple of goals. Kongolo keeps showing he is better than all Feyenoord defenders.
    Depay with a solid game. Ziyech with a goal and assist.

I thought Ebecilo for Feyenoord was good.

I was shuffling in between so many games so it was difficult to say who was better. I can't imagine the last time such a huge crop of guys came through but the league being s*** and they lack of technicality is still depressing.

Kongolo deserves a call-up. PVA I heard was decent as well.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vilhena plays too deep to fulfill a 10 role any good. He makes goals, but he does not really promote good football, let alone developing it. I saw him sometimes play deeper than Pelle.

No Ake or van Ginkel in the Chelsea team. Hope the make a wise choice next season.

7. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Vilhena is a CM - A guy who can play Box to Box player. He probably has not played the 10 since the U-17's. he's of the many candidates who can possibly get an outside spot in the WC 23 for the "Strootman" position.

I liked Kongolo and even PVA to an extent. Vilhena IMO plays like a 30 year Old VDV - he's good with stats and stuff but does not produce that magic up-front. Still too early day's, he is 19-20 odd. He has got 3-4 years to develop into a Top Midfielder

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Graziano Pelle has received NL citizenship and will join Oranje as second striker (okay, not really....LOL)

[​IMG]

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Source: http://thechels.net/2014/05/the-loan-report-season-in-review-the-netherlands/

Van Aanholt will join Mourinho’s group for pre-season – although his exact involvement will depend on whether he goes to Brazil with the Netherlands having been named in their preliminary World Cup squad – in a bid to ‘save’ his Chelsea career. He turns 24 in August and although he qualifies as home-grown would need to be registered in the Premier League squad. Anything short of that and he’ll likely seek pastures new on a permanent basis.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I was encouraged with his involvement in last week's friendly vs. Ecuador. He moved up and down the field pretty fluidly, and seemed able to make meaningful contribution to attack. Defensively he wasn't tested, so yet to be seen if he can hold his ground on regular basis. Maurinho is a defense-first coach, so maybe he can develop PVA from this perspective. That said, as the article mentions, if he isn't promised regular playing times, he should not bothered coming back to Chelsea.

12. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Castaignos on his way to Swansea.. People there must have lost their marbles..

benni... repped this.
  13. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Need to see him do well as Oranje must develop some new class forwards. He has some potential.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He really should have stayed at Feyenoord and developed. Lost too much time bouncing around and I don't think the English league is the place for him. Twente must have made a little money on this transfer.

15. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Castaignos is probably the next big failure. Was rocking at Feyenoord at 17-18 and in a few years would have been great. Went to IntEredivisieer and again set his career few years back.

Took him a couple of years to recover at Twente and he seemed to be doing okay, forming a base for 2-3 good seasons in the Eredivisie and he decides to move again. Should have waited for 2 years more to atleast be in the best ST in the league and then move.

Swansea has Bony who is much better and even Michu can't start at ST.

Another potentially good career gone bust

16. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Castaignos hasn't really impressed this year either. I'm amazed Twente is able to offload him for 8m to Swansea. Makes me wonder if these clubs actually scout players.

17. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I am not saying impressed. I am saying from complete oblivion and the bench he actually started a string of games and did okay. Okay base to do something good in the future. Anyways lucky for Twente I guess. This guy has a huge chance to flop

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Swansea may end up selling Bony or Michu as there is demand for both players. If they do this then the Castaignos transfer makes some sense.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too late for this group of NT players but Alex Buttner has left ManU for Dinamo Moscow stating, "I want to win trophies."

20. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can someone start working on cloning Robben? And Cruyff and van Basten while you're at it

LouisianaViking07/09 and vagegast repped this.
  21. Roofvogel

Roofvogel Member

-
    Netherlands
    Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So BMI seems to be on his way to FC Porto. I hope our other defenders make a transfer as well. Ajax and Feyenoord will have replacements ready.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

At the one hand I like watching a club with multiple Dutch players in 1 team. Makes it easy to choose what EPL game to watch for the day.

At the other hand what has Newcastle done for the Dutch NT? Anita did not develop as I had hoped. Was not selected by van Gaal even 1 time. I expected more. Krul I thought would become first keeper but had a bad season with Newcastle and was surpassed by Cillessen who was playing Jupiler league not so long ago, not even Eredivisie. Cillessen developed faster than Krul. Krul's ball distribution sucks and is not improving. He did great stopping penalty's vs CR though. He could have made the difference vs Argentina again had we not used all 3 subs. Still bothers me.

I think the transfer price is too low with this one also. Why do Dutch clubs sell for little money? Janmaat was a key player for Feyenoord, played all games in Dutch qualification and has the build for EPL. Not a boy, but a man with a diesel engine. Is he less good than Lichtsteiner? Serious question. Janmaat has been pretty damn consistent. I do not rate him that high defensively though and he remains a bit stiff and clumsy. Maybe that is a reservation. Still think the price should be at least 10 to 12 million Euro if not more. 1 year contract left or not.

I also think his move to the bench during the WC was one of the few weird choices of van Gaal, though Janmaat was horrible vs Australia. Had a feeling that playing all games for club and country had taken his toll. Verhaegh was definitely not an improvement. Build up did not improve. Kuyt did great, but his communication and calibration with Robben sucked. Every time Kuyt passed deep, Robben came into the ball and visa versa. No understanding. Janmaat had that great cross on Fer for the Chile game, oping the score to win the group. Kuyt felt more save, but I like Janmaat's urge to run up and down the field more against weaker opposition. Kuyt is a great option when we have to close shop at the back.

I wish him well in Newcastle.

24. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    If I look at the Newcastle forums, there is little praise for Pardew. Apparently he is a tactical dinosaur even by English standards. That doesn't bode well for the development of Dutch players at the club.