News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You think he looked like an NT player?

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Buttner looked okay to me, especially considering he was up against Robbery. Not an earth-shattering performance by any stretch of the imagination, but he didn't embarrass himself, either. M.U in general was quite poor, no flow to the game and only had some 25-30% possession. At home. :thumbsdown: Buttner needs to transfer out if he wants to save his career. I don't think he will ever have consistent playing times at M.U. Let alone in the Dutch N.T. setup.

4. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He looked ok(ish) defensively to me. Going forwards, not so much. But it may be worth it, giving him a go in the next friendly. Maybe.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I posted because I thought he was often out of position and Vidic and Ferdinand were yelling at him during the first half to get back outside.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nathan Aké is on the bench today for Chelsea against PSG.

Lets hope he gets a few minutes

7. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have been following a lot of Norwich matches this season and cannot believe how poorly Ricky Van Wolfswinkel has done. 1 League goal on the opening match of the season is all he has tallied.
    Truth be told he gets almost zero service as Norwich lacks creative playmakers or wingers that provides anything for him.
    I really thought he would have been on the plane for Brazil, but he is going to be badly in need of a new club.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Truth is that he's just a very mediocre striker; similar to Huntelaar in his approach but not nearly as talented. He peaked at Utrecht.

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Immers gets called up I will burn my orange shirt and everything else orange and declare from that day onward that I'm a German.

TFC Ajax, Antario2, DRB300 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #761 DRB300, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Me trying to compute what just was said:

[​IMG]

Me having processed what just was said:

[​IMG]

My answer:

[​IMG]

Why? Why is it not even acceptable somebody suggests such a thing? It would basically destroy the feeling one has about the Dutch NT. This single player, Immers, is able to take that all away. NT's go through highs and lows. Good cycles, bad cycles, mediocre cycles. However, as bad things get in the tough times, a generic eternal feeling and memory exists in the hearts and minds of the average Dutch NT fan. That the Dutch NT and especially it's number 10, stands for quality, technical supremacy, skill, excellence, magic ....... Bergkamp. Even in the bad times of a national team, the number 10 player must give the spectator a (false) sense that is able to (re) produce flashes of brilliance that simultaneously might trigger some dormant brain circuits in the Dutch NT's fans mind, reactivated past memory's of magic from the old greats in Orange.

On top of that, especially the Dutch NT is dependent on feelings and idea's as it has so little silverware too look at. Moral victory's -"they won, but we were better and played more attractive"- are an important corner stone of Dutch NT self-righteous mind. For that, some basic good football or an attempt to it must have taken place.

Immers is a threat to all above. He would change the sense of self that Dutch NT fans have, would make drifting away in dreams of the past impossible and take any defense that Dutch NT fans are often left with away. With Immers, from a technical, aesthetic and magical point of view, we would hit rock bottom and enter a new era. We do not want to go there.

It would be best if we never mentioned having had this conversation on the Dutch forum of Bigsoccer.

Bran, sonicdream and TFC Ajax repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jeezus people, tell us how you really feel

sonicdream repped this.
  13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought it was an April Fools day joke that missed the April 1 date by several days!

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, since Koeman originally came up with this, I dont think its such a crazy idea

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he did come up with the idea it is grounds for disqualification of any chance to become NT coach in the future!

Speaking of Koeman, I was watching the Barcelona match over the weekend and Messi missed a PK which would have been his 20th consecutive conversion. It turns out the Ronald Koeman holds the La Liga record of 25 straight PKs without a miss or keeper save, pretty amazing.

16. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    The feyenoord fans chanted 'lexie in oranje' in the game against goaheadeagles, and in the post-game interview the reporter asked Koeman if he thought that the fans were being ridiculous with that... - Cant expect him to say much else in such a situation.

That said though, if Immers wasnt so terrible infront of goal he would have been league topscorer both this and last season. But he is, and so he remains a midfield-version of dirk kuyt.

17. According to the Telegraaf Telesport rating Immers is on spot nr.5 for the player of the year award with 176 points. On spot nr 1 is Blind with 180 points. On spot nr 11 are both Clasie and Janmaat with 173 points.
    No other Ajax player in sight in the list that goes till nr 27.
    AD Sportwereld has Blind as the first Ajax player on spot 11 with an average rating of 6.41. No Immers in the list that goes till nr 20.
    Voetbal International has Cillesen on spot 2 as the first Ajax plyer with an average rating of 6.71, Blind on spot 19/6.34, Immers on 34/6.21.

Well, the jury is still out on that matter

18. You can only be terrible in converting chances in front of the goal when you get there in scoring position anyway. So he has the feeling to be on the right spot, as well as setting up chances for the rest of the players. If you are as bad as some over here claim, then how on earth can he get as many chances as he does? If he only converted 30% of his chances we could sell him for a stupendous amount of money to some EPL idiot. But Lexy must be the most popular Feyenoord player in Amsterdam, as Ajax wouldnot have a chance on the title if Lexy did just that.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The point you guys try to make is outlined in this article about him:

Article

Is actually worth a read.

However Immers is not a midfield version of Dirk Kuyt. Kuyt is a 98 times capped, technical miracle compared to Lex Immers. Lex Immers is that guy that has received so much bad rep that it has become popular to get behind him and outline his strengths rather than always pointing to what he is not able to do. I am just one cycle further than that. I don't give sh*t. He is an insult to what I call football. I rather play with 10 men then having that running around in an Orange shirt causing trauma to everybody I hold dear.

Bran repped this.
  20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What about Immers at CM?

21. You may not like the way he looks on the pitch, but you have to take notice of one of best players in the world, Johan Cruijff when playing for Feyenoord, who chose/demanded a player beside him that is the spitting image of Lex Immers in football terms, Koko Hoekstra. (I wrongly mentioned Stanley Brard in other threads/earlier posts) There were far better players technically in the selection of Feyenoord then for that spot, but Cruyff noticed the special qualities of Koko, that were needed for the team. Making the stadium go ...wow..oooh etc. wasnot one of them.
    The same goes for Immers. If he also scored more, he would be gone in no time.

22. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just like in the UK we have this "protection reaction". As soon a limited player gets criticism a counter-movement will arise to come and protect that player. During the whole Andy Carroll transfer drama a lot of people already knew that Carroll can never make it at Liverpool but that didn't prevent a lot of British footballzines to come out and write articles to defend him, citing "great stats". Same case in The Netherlands. We feel that the player gets "personally attacked" and we need to defend him from the harsh criticism, but there is a difference between the player and the person. A lot of the "great stats" are also cherry picked and ignore the bigger picture.

Immers is from the ADO Den Haag/FC Utrecht school of footballers. He will work hard every match with a lot of fighting spirit but he is also clumsy, making stupid fouls and loses the ball often and has no technique or finesse to speak of. Immers weak points are also no covered by the fact that a lot of Eredivisie teams are very poor this season.

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #773 Brilliant Dutch, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  24. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I try to avoid reading De Telegraaf and if, by some miracle, I feel the urge to do so anyway I always remember to include a bag of salt while processing what I am reading.
    Of course Koeman cannot say: " the legion are idiots. Immers does not have the technical ability and there are far better options for the NT than him. "
    So he says something that is neither flesh nor fish, such as: "he works hard, any team can use a player that works hard. Oranje also. And Immers? Well, he seems to be learning a bit on ball control as well. "
    Only an Immers-fan would translate that into "Immers should be in Oranje now"

25. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    [​IMG]

My goodness. Who is running this team?