Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Afellay doesn't get off the bench in the Barcelona Derby. I though he would get a 20 minute run. Only one more league match and I can't see him playing in the Copa del Rey.

2. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Happy for Huntelaar. I think he has like 47-48 goals in 45 matches in all Competitions. I think bar Messi & Ronaldo no-one has that kind of record.

If he actually had good service,like what Gomez has with Robben & Ribery then he could actually challenge Messi-Ronaldo in Goals Per game as Hunter is a great Pure Goal Scorer.

And Bild is Crap. Bild has been the one bitching about Robben. They were one of the reasons why Robben Did not want to extend. Anyways Robben scored a Fantastic Goal. Sweet Goal on the run,no receiving & stuff from one side of the box diagonally into the corner. Happy for him.

If Only Oranje had a better defense.

The 3-4-3 can work but we have to sacrifice both Sneijder & VDV for that.

If there has to be a 3-4-3 then it should be like this -

Robben Hunter Van Persie
    Schaars Van Bommel Anita Van Der Weil
    De Jong Mathijsen Heitinga
    Steke

Otherwise it would work. There has to be Two Box to Box Wingers kind of players,more like RWB & LWB & only Schaars & VDW can do that. And the 2 Man infront of the CB's have to defend very well. Sneijder cant defend very well. This is essential because RWB & LWB will be by default RM & LM leaving a 3 Man Defense & it is very dangerous on the break against pacy guys like Ozil,Ronaldo,Nani

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My Formation will be a Modified 4-3-3.

Hunter
    Robben Van Persie
    Sneijder
    Van Bommel Anita
    VDW
    De Jong/Schaars Mathijsen Heitinga

VDW Can BOMB up the Right Flank Giving Width. RVP will cut inside & will play behind Hunter. It is essential that a very defensive CDM becomes almost a 2nd Support to the RB as RVP's Defensive Work-rate will be low. As For me Anita can cover for VDW & he has played RB too.

MVB can be the anchor CDM. Schaars if groomed properly is my favourite as LB as he can attack a bit. Otherwise put De Jong & be done with it. RObben does not have to track back & he is good enough for LW alone. If you have Hunter-Robben-Sneijder-RVP you dont need anything else.

And you get Quality Bench Players like Van Der Vaart & Afellay

4. EURO2004PEREIRA

Apr 15, 2012
    Club:
    Vitoria Guimaraes
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Schaars and Van Wolfswinkel have been very very good lately most def worthy of a call up. Despite Sporting CP currently in 4th they still have a chance of cl football but they play 3rd place Braga on the last mathday in Lisbon.

5. EURO2004PEREIRA

Apr 15, 2012
    Club:
    Vitoria Guimaraes
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Schaars and Van Wolfswinkel have been very very good lately most def worthy of a call up. Despite Sporting CP currently in 4th they still have a chance of cl football but they play 3rd place Braga on the last mathday in Lisbon.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Observations:​
    According to Transfermarkt:​
    • Van Wolfswinkel is on 1 goal every 160 minutes
    • Luuk de Jong on 1 every 137 minutes.
    • Bas Dost 1 goal in every 90 minutes.
    • Luuk has 18 assists in 4396 minutes -> 4396/18 = 1 every 224 minutes
    • Dost has 8 assists in 3317 minutes -> 3317/8= 1 every 415 minutes
    • Van Wolfswinkel has 3 assists in a total of 3542 minutes = 3542/3= 1 every 1181 minutes
    Games are played as we speak, but this is the situation as I type this down.​
    What portion is made out of penalty's in the league competition and where they able to open the score for their teams?​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. EURO2004PEREIRA

Apr 15, 2012
    Club:
    Vitoria Guimaraes
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    the Portuguese League is one of the most improved Leagues in Europe in the last 3 years and Ricky has been playing well esp. under pressure and in the Europa League he has been great. You don't get Man Utd, Man City, and Barcelona scouts looking at you but he is and he speaks no Portuguese at all so not a bad return wait till next season I think he wontr make the Euro squad if he does its because Portugal are in your group

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Some of the selection seems very curious (Maher and not Classie? Bouma? Mulder and not Vermeer? No Elia). Now we know why BvM was at Vitesse yesterday:

De 36 namen:
    Keepers: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Erwin Mulder (Feyenoord), Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma), Michel Vorm (Swansea City),
    Verdedigers: Vurnon Anita (Ajax), Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), Wilfred Bouma (PSV), Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Málaga), Erik Pieters (PSV), Nick Viergever (AZ), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax), Jetro Willems (PSV).
    Middenvelders: Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona), Mark van Bommel (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Hedwiges Maduro (Valencia), Adam Maher (AZ), Stijn Schaars (Sporting), Wesley Sneijder (Inter), Kevin Strootman (PSV), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur),
    Aanvallers: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Ola John (FC Twente), Luuk de Jong (FC Twente), Siem de Jong (Ajax), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Jeremain Lens (PSV), Luciano Narsingh (sc Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern München), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV).

9. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    IF Schaars will play LB then the 4 CM/CDM's have already been selected. Bommel,De Jong,Strootman & Maduro. Bert might go for 3 CB's + Maduro ( as CDM + CB). Maduro did not have anything great of a season but he is still selected so good chance he might make the final spot.

There's somethings very clear int his. Bert does not rate Dost/Ricky,maybe he wants a highly technical striker give his obsession with RVP. But why does this not trickle to other parts like CDM where he puts 2 Thugs who cant play much football.

I am shocked that neither of Anita or Claisie has made it. Bert's a great manager & I think Mark Van Bommel has a lot to give to the NT especially as a leader but it seems to me that Bert wants to eliminate all opposition.

Bigger Shocker is not Mulder but Cillessen instead of Vermeer,guess he does not rate Vermeer. I dont like Vermeer either but Cillessen was warming the bench. Still pissed off with Ajax,they are robbing valuable playing time of a fantastic young GK. They should have spend that amount in other areas.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    quote="Mr.S, post: 25651994, member: 196140"]
    I am shocked that neither of Anita or Claisie has made it. Bert's a great manager & I think Mark Van Bommel has a lot to give to the NT especially as a leader but it seems to me that Bert wants to eliminate all opposition.
    .[/quote]
    Anita was picked as a defender. van Bommel will have a horrible Euro and cost the team one win; you read it here first.

Edit: Vermeer is a great shot blocker but terrible on the ball. We don't know how good a shot blocker Cilessen is but he's one of the best distributors of the ball that I've seen.

11. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anita and Clasie would be half as effective in 2 DM system. But that goes for every footballing defending midfielder.

12. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stekelenburg was also warming the bench behind Vermeer, and Bert kept him as first choice

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    A handful of strange decisions indeed. Wijnaldum has not deserved a cal-up IMO. And Bouma is also not the best choice.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But that was when he got hurt and van Basten was manager. For some reason Marco didn't want to bring him back into the starting side. Jol did.

15. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bouma selection makes sense, basically he's 2012's Andre Ooijer. There just aren't any veteran defenders out there.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pieters is out of the Euros because of the lingering problem with his foot.

17. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Mathijsen and Heitinga are that veteran defenders.

It is simply strange. Bouma is past his peak and was never great. In the Dutch league alone you have many better ones who made a better impression throughout the season.

18. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There goes the LB issue. I think Bert is in his heart a great fan of proper technical football. Reason why Vermeer was booted out. Reason why Ricky/Dost are not considered while both the De Jong brothers are. He could have kept Dost atleast in the 29-30 man odd line up.

I dont know what happens with him with regards to the DM position. All the technical love & stuff goes out of the window & he puts a 2 THUGS system in front of defense.

Where does all the technical skill of the DM go???What skill does De Jong have. I think Bert is slightly scared that Van Bommel's position can be threatened & he probably wants Van Bommel to play the next World Cup. No disrespect to Van Bommel,he is a true Leader of the NT but Anita or Claisie should have been there atleast as a substitute.

19. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Double Post

20. EURO2004PEREIRA

Apr 15, 2012
    Club:
    Vitoria Guimaraes
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I like Ola John he is fast and Benfica want him but his brother was a great player but he fell off blood runs thick so i wanna see how this john turns out

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    • Keepers:
    • Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), -- Vermeer (Ajax)
    • Tim Krul (Newcastle United),
    • Erwin Mulder (Feyenoord),
    • Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma),
    • Michel Vorm (Swansea City)
    • Defense:
    • Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), - Van Rhijn (Ajax)
    • Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax),
    • Wilfred Bouma (PSV), - Van Rhijn (Ajax), Bruma (HSV), Brouwers (Gladbach)
    • John Heitinga (Everton),
    • Joris Mathijsen (Málaga),
    • Nick Viergever (AZ),
    • Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord),
    • Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord),
    • Erik Pieters (PSV),
    • Jetro Willems (PSV) - Buttner (Vitesse), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord)
    • Midfield:
    • Vurnon Anita (Ajax),
    • Mark van Bommel (AC Milan),
    • Kevin Strootman (PSV), - Clasie (Feyenoord)
    • Hedwiges Maduro (Valencia), - Clasie (Feyenoord)
    • Nigel de Jong (Manchester City),
    • Stijn Schaars (Sporting Portugal), - Clasie (Feyenoord)
    • Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur),
    • Adam Maher (AZ), - Clasie (Feyenoord)
    • Siem de Jong (Ajax),
    • Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale),
    • Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV)
    • Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan)
    • Attack:
    • Luuk de Jong (FC Twente), - Dost (Heerenveen), Van Wolfswinkel (Sporting)
    • Robin van Persie (Arsenal)
    • Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04),
    • Ola John (FC Twente),
    • Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool),
    • Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona),
    • Jeremain Lens (PSV),
    • Luciano Narsingh (sc Heerenveen),
    • Arjen Robben (Bayern München).
    My reaction when I saw Clasie was left out:

I put some alternatives behind some names. The weirdest name on the list is Bouma. Absolute horrible defender. Are people aware there plays a pretty good defender in Bundesliga who is very experienced. He is rated by Kicker as the second best defender in the league:
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...iga/2011-12/topspieler-der-saison-abwehr.html

I made the groups into the lines that belong to each other. This does not mean some players can play on other positions, but what I think will be their main position. Afellay is thought for the left wing option. Not midfield. Maybe 10, but primarily for the wing. The only exception is Emanuelson, who due to injury of Pieters will probably move to the left back. I keep it this way nevertheless for now. Tonight I will listen more than an hour what Bert has to say about that problem.

Devastated Clasie was left out this huge group, with so many less names in it.

Willems made a good Eredivisie debut against Twente, but after that in pretty much all games he made mistakes that lead to goals. The last 3 or 4 games he is pretty good offensive, but defensive not so much. I would put Viergever at left back for a try. For safety forts Bruno maybe (Narsingh did not had an easy day against him, where Willems was outplayed by Schaken). Or just put Kuyt at left back. Stop with these teenager nonsense solutions. You don't put Willems against Mueller or Nani. That would be a huge gamble. Also Braafheid did get owend against Germany, but he did nullify Shakiri, who is big prospect and next year Bayern player. I don't even think Willems would have pulled that off against Switzerland. Does anybody else here think he would have?

Also the striker position is pretty stupid. De Jong does not bring something else. If Anita is used to cancel away Clasie as a double profile player, then we have RVP and Kuyt for strikers that can contribute to the game as well. Huntelaar as the pure and lethel 9, but where is the braker for the last 10 minutes, to force a goal? de Jong can't head a ball very well. Dost can react far better on long balls in stress situations.

Cillessen and Vermeer is weird also, but I care less as the 3 keepers are set anyway.

I want to punch van Marwijk for leaving out Clasie, but I don't want to end on an angry note so I will provide a Gif of the size of a storm Ola John + Huntelaar can create when put together IMO:

[​IMG]

Cheers.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Buttner will replace the injured Pieters. That´s official.

23. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Arjen Robben is officially one of the most stupid guys I have seen. He says he promised his wife that he will quit football if he wins the CHL & Euro. Its getting pretty stupid. Bayern are already in the CHL Final. And Oranje definitely has a good chance of winning the Euro.

I thought the ultimate Goal for a player was to win the World Cup. I did not expect such Stupidity from Robben even if it is only publicity.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @DRB - I mentioned Brouwers about 3-4 weeks ago I think. He's gotten lots of playing time for a team that has qualified for CL football. Now I have to say that I've not seen Moenchengladbach play at all this season so cannot say how good he is. He has started 17 matches for them.

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw him one match against Bayern where he played. He was MOM or atleast got highest rating in multiple sites. Was shocked to learn he is Dutch because I have never even heard of him. How Bruma gets selected over him is beyond me