Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I am worried about the whole Defense situation for the Euros. I was re-watching the highlights. This time,no heat of the match I could analyze. Pieters was absolutely massacred in the 1st half. His positioning is pure shit. He was actually moving in a way which allowed Johnson to dribble past him easier. Schaars was an improvement but Completely Out of position & nowhere to be seen for the 1st Goal.

I did blame Vlaar but the principle blame has to be Mathijsen. He went for the slider,messed up & Vlaar had to come running in which opened up free space to shoot. De Jong allowed them to pass & has been a waste really. Okay Vlaar failed to stop the shot & just waited & let him shoot. That's bad too.

Boulahrouz was out of position a couple of times allowing easy crosses. The 2nd Goal Schaars was out of position & both the 2 CB's were not where they should.

Half of the time I cant even find De Jong. Same case with MVB.

Now Mathijsen does not even start for Malaga. The LB & CB issue is huge & is going to cost the Euros.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mathijsen has been injured and is in The Netherlands getting treatment. He should be fine by the Euros (physically that is). He did not lose his starting place at Malaga.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe we should field more defending midfielders.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, I would just not select de Jong and van Bommel and go with Anita and Classie in the midfield behind Sneijder. That would really send a message.

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree with Oranje14. De Jong has lost a lost a lot of pace & Mark is super slow. If they go forward they cant track back,their work rate is getting more & more less after every match.

Anita & Clasie would be amazing. Strootman as a Sub. But the team probably needs Mark's leadership. I hope one of Anita or Clasie start though. But Bert never wants to try New Players unless forced to.

6. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Clasie has no chance! He won't be even part of the selection. And since we have Afellay back, Anita probably won't make the cut either.. Too much competition in midfield.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know you are right but it doesn't mean much since BvM is the most conservative manager the NT has ever had.

8. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So Stekelenburg could be out for Euros, with a shoulder injury? Definitely not something i would prefer but i guess we're lucky in the fact that we have two great backups in Vorm and Krul. Does anyone know what kind of shoulder injury it is?

9. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyone considered going 3-4-3?
    [​IMG]
    play de Jong at left back, who cares if he isn't left footed, he'll do a better job than anyone else we've got defensively, and can't possibly do any worse than Peiters offensively. Play van Bommel as a sweeper infront of Heitinga. Play Anita and van der Vaart as your two central midfielders. we can play well with a midfield of De Jong/ van Bommel with VDV and Sneijder, so Anita is more than capable of playing with those two as well.
    For width, you play Robben on the left, and VdW provides width on the right side. Then van Persie can come further inside to play like a false winger (the only position that he's effective in for Oranje) and Huntelaar plays as the striker.

10. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Herr Lothar agrees with you

If more people like him will say this, the better the motivation will be. Thank you Herr Lothar.

I prefer a 4-3-3/3-4-3. Netherlands had rarely great defenders. Jaap Stam is the only exception of the past 30 years.

So use your strengths and score against Germany between the 40th and 45th minute ;)

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van Persie nets two today but misses two other when he was in on the keeper. His second goal was really a garbage goal since the ball ping ponged around in the box. Really entertaining match with Norwich that ends up 3-3 with chances galore for both teams. Aresenal's defense was quite poor and maybe they really do need Vertonghen!

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hup Huntelaar. Hope he becomes Torjager in Germany plus Top Scorer. My provider had the brilliant idea to broadcast Bayern and Dortmund. Dortmund who are already champ. Noobs. Have send them an email.

Draxler just scored on my stream. That is by the way a very good up and coming German player.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah I think that push could have been a penalty and the handball was maybe a penalty also (remember Alaba in the CL half final). Then again Norwich had some claims on their own too. Arsenal was just really bad. Honestly, if he stays there he will never win a major price. Respect if he stays for club loyalty, but I will not become mad at him if he goes. Something I would have become maybe even a few months ago. If you only have to win 2 games against minnows to secure CL and you can't even do that at a home game, there is something wrong. Big time. RVP him self was so, so. He should have made a hattrick and failed, but he did make the 2-2 and 3-2. His team should have been able to secure that score in the last 10 minutes. Can't say I feel for them if they mess up that way.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Probably but it was quite bad that the lady assistant referee didn't get back fast enough and see the offside (by over a meter) preceding the pass through to van Persie. Really bad officiating on that one, you cannot miss such obvious off sides.

15. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a S*** game by Arsenal. Robin did what he could.. but IMO he should have done more.. He missed something like 5 chances. But the rest of the team was just absolut garbage. Especially Ramsey.. Oh god!

16. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Btw, Vertonghen can do better than Arsenal..

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :D This was me in April;

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/the-other-club-teams-thread.1925073/page-3#post-25531584

I have no words for Ramsey. But that is in fact on Wenger for putting him in, while having Ox on the bench. So he should stop his frustration behavior and take a good long look into the mirror. We can focus on Attack (RVP missing a few apart from the 2 scored) on defense (the poor conceding that was going on), but for me midfield was where the battle was lost. Ramsey being in the middle of everything.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Hunter has scored! He also assisted with the previous goal.

Meanwhile Gomez missing sitters against the worst team in the Bundesliga. Robben gave him a great assist. Robben also scored, but in other moments gives wrong passes to Gomez. Somehow hope he does that on purpose.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And the Hunter scores number 29 of the season. I don't see Gomez score a hattrick in the last 15 minutes with Robben and Ribery off. I also picked up that never before a foreigner has scored 29 goals in the Bundesliga. So he is the highest scoring foreigner ever.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ryan Babel also got a red card.

21. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great stuff from The hunter! Definitely the best striker in Germany. I always knew that Gomez was less than Huntelaar..
    We definitely have the best two strikers in the euro. Bert can not start Kuijt anymore, That's for sure!!

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In the Koln stadium there is some serious rioting going on.

Congrats Hunter. The highest scoring foreigner in the Bundesliga ever.

I think RVP will also become top scorer in England and maybe brake Ronaldo's/ Shearer's EPL record of 31 goals.

They are also both top goals+assisters:

[​IMG]

This is not updated yet for today, but he is on 40 in this ranking after 2 goals.

[​IMG]

Dost and de Jong on top in the Netherlands.

[​IMG]

That's 3 leagues.

Good thing for Dutch football and hopefully also for the Dutch NT.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a joke it would be if he sacrifices any one of RvP, Huntelaar or Afellay for Kuyt, but I can see him do it.

25. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands