Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    :mad:

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was fun to look at the other team's rosters in this tournament. I think the Dutch team had more successful players than most of the other "big" football countries. Brazil had Kaka, Maicon, and Adriano but I didn't recognize anyone else. The only German I recognized was Jermaine Jones who plays for the US NT these days as he was not good enough to make the German senior team. Argentina had 3-4 players who have had decent careers.

From the 1995 team, I only recognized Bouma and Landzaat as having decent careers.

I don't think they had much in the way of youth competitions back then but I could be wrong. Both players were in the senior team at the age of 17-18, a rarity these days.

Interesting that you point this out. We are seeing some interesting demographic changes here in the US as well. Fewer American black kids are playing baseball these days, preferring football and basketball. I think that television, computers, and game consoles are changing things for kids. There is much less playing "unorganized" sports outside these days. Kids do play organized sports but I think lose interest as they grow older.

3. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Huntelaar had a rediculous second goal today

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched Vitesse vs Excelsior and though I am not going to use that as a serious test for Buttner I was impressed with his penalty. He took 2 in the game, that was only decided in the last minute by van Ginkel, in a ruthless way. Apparently has surpassed Bony in the hierarchy for penalty's.

If he is considered by van Marwijk, we at least know we have another possible penalty taker in a shoot out.

5. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Was very good.... but if you want to see a phenomenal goal, watch Suarez's 3rd.... wow... I wouldn't mind Wesley have a few of those this summer :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6jZOAlg9Hs"]Luis Suarez 3rd Goal vs Norwich. 28/4/12 - YouTube[/ame]

6. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This is disgusting. DRB comes with his posts Dissecting every line of mine in an attempt to make me seem like a joke,he posts this ridiculous images to belittle me & when I respond to it,I get called a joke.

RVP had 2 goals in the Home Leg against Dortmund. I have no idea whether it was he or Walcott who scored the away goal but it was nothing special. Neither was it anything special. Nor were the home goals were Song dribbled past 2-3 players & RVP had to head a ball into an open net.

This hypocrisy is horrible. DRB will compare Huntelaar to a pengiun,say he is not a footballer & take shots at him at every go. And I cant defend him. RVP can choke,loose his balls & miss a sitter against milan in the CHL which could have been decisive in putting their side through.

Huntelaar scores much better for the NT,he was the highest scorer in the qualifiers & all we see is ridiculous talks that the formation does or players dont suit RVP.

Nothing Hunter does is enough. We will have great appreciation for RVP's goal against Wigan but if Huntelaar scores 2 against hertha people will say it is relegation threatened.

Is Huntelaar not Dutch or is it that his playing style not Dutch enough??? Are we not allowed to defend out favourite players???? Or is this forum a place where Huntelaar will be used as a punching bag????

RVP for Ballon is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard & since it is Huntelaar who is competing for a place in the starting 11 with RVP,I naturally reply to that.

And I get called a Troll. Do you guys know what a troll mean??? As if I would waste my minutes in here just to troll you guys??? Why would I waste my minutes to irritate you guys if I WAS NOT PASSIONATE ABOU THIS??

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    One thing I am noticing at the moment watching PSV vs Roda is that Willems has a way of having a sub par aggressive response when he loses the ball in the final third off the opponent. Lens for example is more aggressive in his pressing at moments. Willems body language is also a bit "blue" when he loses the ball there, up to the point that he allows himself walking speed hands in the side behavior. I believe a coach like Ferguson watches a lot to a players reaction when certain things happen like ball loss and deems a respond very important. Strootman has that aggression in his personality and is why I was not that surprised him being linked with United.

Just an observation.

8. My post nr 415:
    Unbelievable enough I recently read an interview with one of the Orange Youth team players ( I cannot recall whom, One of the Feyenoord players I think) talking about the German Youth teams he played against and he mentioned that those kids were heavier and stronger than the Dutch players. So it seems they havenot changed their ways at all.

I found where I read it and who said it. It were German youth players at FC Twente and this is what their coach Jansen said:"The chance to succeed is very high with German talents. Almost without exceptions they make it into our "Beloften team" (Prospects team?) Those kids are locked in a stiff programm, in which they often have to travel long distances and after excercising have to make their school home work on top of that too.That makes their sense of discipline and will for sacrafice often big.Besides that they of course have talent and are given a true soccer education ( I think he means true by our Dutch standards) by us.
    The points of focus in Germay still are different. From the youngest youth the nmain criteria are already big and strong. Not so long ago our C-youth played against Borussia Dortmund. Their players were at least 20 kilos heavier and a head taller than our kids."

Those youngsters we recognize as being Dutch like arenot the result of a switch in thinking in Germany as the red lighted comment from Jansen indicates. They are just a fluke resulting from the big pool Germany has to fish in. We are still (read my post about Clasie and others to follow about our Youth system) the number one with an approach that is radically different from the rest of the world.

9. From my posts about/to Mr S. you can tell that I donot like what he posts. But I donot think he's a troll. He's an overenthusiastically supporter of Huntelaar that sees an enemy in any player that threatens his pet player in recognition and thinks that by putting down for instance Robin, he can make Huntelaar bigger.
    He fails to see that you can have a pet player with having respect and recognition of the players that are regarded all over Europe/world as the best in the world.
    It's more a Calimero behaviour he is showing than trolling, and that's a pity.

10. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I think I'm the minority in this ridiculous RvP vs. KjH debate... but I, for one, think the two should start together as a striking partner. Yes, that would change the infamous 4-2-3-1 formation, but we need to stop fitting 'square peg in the round hole'. Said differently, the entire team needs to adjust to where the individual players will thrive. Clearly both RvP and KjH are two of the hottest strikers in Europe at the moment, let's pair them up upfront... instead of sticking one to the wing, or worse yet wasting one to the bench!.

I would be dying to see RvP placed just slightly behind KjH as a secondary/support striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation (or some variations of these), just because RvP's ability to link up with midfield is simply brilliant. His vision is great, and he can launch through-ball passes with his eyes covered. Not to mention that he can shoot from distance with power or curl. KjH is a deadly finisher, his strength (and job) is to place the ball in the back of net. He should not be asked to drop and pick up the ball. Frankly he doesn't have the speed or skills to do so.

--- KjH --
    -- RvP --
    --Winger/Afellay -- Robben --
    -- Van Bommel -- Sneijder --
    B A C K -- F O U R

The caveat is that the defensive midfielder really needs to guard his post steadily and is ultra-discipline to boss the midfield. Big job, and lots of pressure what I am pretty confident Van Bommel has the nerve and experience (and hopefully, stamina) to do this.

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    How are they a fluke when there are so many? Ozil, Lahm, Gotze, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Marin, Muller, Reus and so much more. I'ts not a fluke.

Holland are renowned for their youth development yes, but we shouldn't exaggerate. Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Germany are just as good (some might be better) and perhaps others like Portugal as well.

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Bert will probably go for

KJH

RVP - Sneijder - Robben

MVB - NDJ

Urby - Mathijsen - Heitinga - VDW

Stekelenburg​

I can't see him omit NDJ from the starting line-up when he himself will probably feel he has already lost a defensive player in Kuyt from the starting line-up lol.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Elia finally gets on the pitch for Juventus coming on at the 65th minute when they are up 4-0.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    While I like the intent of this, I suspect that Van Bommel cannot play as a single holding midfielder unless there is some help. He is just too slow these days and always a risk of suspension because of Yellow cards. Sneijder isn't this kind of player. Unless Afellay gets a couple of matches in, I can't see him playing much in the Euros. We still don't know how fit he is.

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    VDV with a goal. Whenever Spurs play if you put VDV as the 1st goalscorer you're bound to win it most of the time.

16. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Afellay is on the bench today

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ...and is still there after the first half with Barca up 3-0. We'll see if Pep gives him some playing time.

18. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You were expecting a first half sub?

19. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Afellay is on!

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ...yes and he played on the right side of the midfield. He had a couple of good passes but I couldn't tell how his fitness is since he didn't have much running to do.

21. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Next few weeks become extra important as Affelay becomes a futbol version of the 6th man for Oranje, as van Marwijk loves him.

22. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    that would be nice, but my guess is that he'll get overlooked in favour of Tello, or Cesc

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Guardiola seems to prefer Afellay as a midfielder rather than a winger and Sanchez plays up front splitting time between striker (with Messi as the withdrawn player) or on the wing.

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    For the 3 positions upfront Barca have Messi,Villa,Sanchez,Pedro,Tello,Cuenca & sometimes Iniesta or Fabregas.

Now there is talk of them buying Llorente or Bale. One ST or Winger will come.

In the mid-field they have Xavi,Iniesta,Biscuits,Fabregas,Thiago,Keita. Even if Keita leaves Masch will take his place as a new CB is probably coming.

The best Afellay will is a 15-20 minute sub. That also maybe 2nd or 3rd choice Sub in that specific position.

He is competely wasting his career at Barca. He can go to Juve or Milan & be a very good player there.