Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ribery/Robben = Kobe/Shaq

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Van Wolfswinkel is 23 now, he's not like 19 like Castaignos. Had he stayed another year in Utrecht it would've been a lost season for him considering he was often deployed as the #10 there even though he prefers the striker role.

He's won a couple of player of the month awards, is the topscorer both domestically and in Europe for Sporting who are in the semi's of EL and is being followed by a host of bigger European clubs.

It's safe to say that he has made the right choice of moving abroad.

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cool,maybe strikers mature late. I dunno Aguero is his age right?? And look at him.

He does not have to be as skilled as Kun but he has got to improve. He had a brilliant 1st half of the season. He had a lot of penalties but a lot of nice goals as well & has since then faded.

I think he should be improving a lot if he has to challenge Huntelaar or RVP. He is way behind now,in finishing & overall aspects. I like more than Dost & I think Luk is slightly over-rated,I actually think if his brother would have been been trained as No.9 in Ajax he would have become better than Luuk.

4. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Aguero is a wonderful player, who was ALMOST as good as Messi when he was 20 for Atletico. No shame in Ricky not being as good as Aguero.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I remember you posting last season that he was coming to Ajax.:D

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Sporting have been good for him, I'm glad he made that decision. :D

Looks like Dost has talked to Magath and claims he has interest from Atletico Madrid. Not the leagues I want to see him in honestly, I hope he moves to England.

Maduro is still hopefull of making the EC squad. If he doesn't pick up games for Valencia soon and impresses I don't think Bert will take him.

7. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Magath is the coach of Wolfsburg in Bundesliga. They have big Volkswagen money. Anyways Magath is called a mini psycho. He trains & makes people run till they faint. And fines people for a backpass in a match & verbally abuses them.

I dont know how Dost will bear up with all that. But Wolfsburg can be a good club. They have bought quite a few very talented youngsters & will spend even more money. If he makes it there it can be good for him.

8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I'm aware that he's the coach of Wolfsburg, I think everybody knows. :) Diego not wanting to go back is more than enough convincing for Dost to not go there. Bundesliga and La Liga are not good for young Dutch players, you will be forgotten about quickly. He should move to England.

9. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Diego actually said he wants a 2nd Chance at Wolfsburg.

Anyways Rafa is a good example a young star flourishing. Its not right to say young players dont work well. Anyways I dont know where would be hit at EPL as a starter??? Which Atleast Mid-Table Club??

10. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/s...go-real-madrid-is-the-best-in-la-liga-but-not

11. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Robben on the bench for Bayern; Ribery starts.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't know if it was Heitinga moving back and forth between left and right center defense but he was not particularly good today. At fault for two of the ManU goals. However, great match from his teammates who came back from 3-1 and 4-2 down to get a draw at Old Trafford.

13. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heitinga has been good this season, even getting rested for big matches.

14. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    9 Bayern players rested in preparation for the Madrid game -> Neuer,Boateng,Badstuber,Lahm,Alaba,Ribery,Robben,Kroos & Gomez.

Ribery came off the bench & scored.

15. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Huntelaar scored against Augsburg 1-1 the final

16. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're right, I misread that.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Robin van Persie wins PFA Player of The Year Award.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where is the time that Dutch players win the Ballon D'Or? He also is already 28 years old and RVP is also dropping the goal ratio as he has not scored in open play for many games now. It also does say 0 about how he operates in Dutch NT.

Having said that, I am happy he is crowned by his colleagues in England as the best. Dutch kids do see some EPL games or highlights and he is a figure they can aspire to become in football. He still has a lot of work to do, to finally become the best of the world.

18. I heard that JKHuntelaar had a fight with J. Jones. Anybody news about that?

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Happened a few days ago. I think I have read Huntelaar made a bit a a fool of Jones and he didn't take that. Other case IMO. Also Huntelaar is a different personality (more confrontational). Plus Huntelaar has one of his best seasons and is valued by the group, where Robben is hunted down on every solo intention by group and media making him insecure. Huntelaar was grabbed by the throat, where Robben was outright knocked down and broozed in his face by the trailer trash pedophile Frenchman.

If there is one team I like to beat with 4-1 again, it's France with Ribery playing his best football ever. I have not forgotten how Henry scr*ewed Ireland. Ben Arfa is a nice player by the way. Get happy when I see him playing.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  21. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What the....

22. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    thats okay, just let him come home.. to Ajax

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unBsc5--qX8"]Robin van Persie - PFA Players' Player of the Year 2011-12 - YouTube[/ame]

The interview sucks a bit also due to the interviewer not having interesting questions. If he had done his work proparly he should know RVP can tell great story's about Bergkamp, but maybe there was no time.

Anyway this is a comparison with his main rivals who play in striker position also:

A comparison Of The Top Three Strikers In The EPL

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh and RVP now also won part 2: Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has been named Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year, coming just days after he won PFA Player of the Year.

Article

Only 15 other players have been able to win both awards in one year.

However if this award has Paul Scholes in third place, I can take it barely seriously. On the other hand I think it has a lot to do with players being English. So RVP being a foreigner winning it, is pretty hard in such a climate. The other award had right back Walker over Aguero. Go figure.

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Congrats to Robin but him getting the away & the condition of the EPL teams in this years CHL shows how huge a fall it has been for the EPL. Even NewCastle will get into the CHL now.

Anyways last year's winner was Bale so its not like this is a special award but Congrats to Robin anyway. Just hope he does not leave his balls home when he plays for Oranje at the Euros