Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's the point of your question(s)?

2. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Who has had this biggest hand in bayern after Uli??? Kaiser for me.

So from Beckenbauer to Every media ( Of which Bild will be No.1 who are very close to Lahm) in Germany to a range of players & commentators have bashed him to end. I have never seen any such abuse during Ribery's affair with the hooker or his 10.5 Million odd Salary or his injuries.

Add to the fact Bayern has a coach who has no balls. The sooner favre comes,the better it is. The only reason Robben is still at Bayern is because of Uli,Rummeniege & Nerlinger who have stood up to him. Even would be soon Bayern Executives Kahn & probably Effenberg have prasied him.

The team has drifted a bit far from him. I can see that there is no heat on Gomez when he misses a penalty against hertha or napoli but when Robben does he kicks the water bottle. There was no one to support him when Subotic was abusing him. Muller,Kroos are threatened by his position & Ribery-Gomez are afraid that he will take the limelight. Lahm is the worst captain I have seen,so the lesser said the better.

I think the only guys who have very good relations with Robben are Muller & Badstuber. And ofcourse Schweinsteiger who is the true leader & captain while Lahm wears the arband just for show.

This was Robben's 1st penalty miss in 12-13 shots.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh come on, virtually this entire season there's been trouble around Robben at Bayern. Accusing the Dutch of causing his injury notably. That AWFUL Bayern team doctor with his derogatory remarks about the Dutch medical team. As if an injured footballer can play 120 minutes of football in a world cup final... But then later we found out why Bayern were so pissed off - they forgot to get insurance for Robben..

I'm sorry but I get the impression that there's a German dislike or mistrust of all things Dutch aspect to it all. Bayern is revitalising the German-Dutch rivalry which is a shame as in recent years there has been a lot more mutual respect.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    This post just about sums it up...

He needs to get the hell out of there if you ask me.

5. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's completely untrue, I really don't understand where you got that idea from.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So if that's not the case why isn't anyone telling him to shut up? Why isn't anyone other than Uli standing up for Robben?

7. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bayern profited from the German Golden Era when they won the CHL titles in 74-76 which was led by Kaiser. Truth. Bayern did not have a proper training ground. Go ask Uli,Uli himself said Beckebauer was one of the reasons Bayern managed to build the Allianz Arena.

8. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you talking about history or about the current situation? He works for Bild, Sky and he is basically paid to talk bullshit.

9. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there has been fantastic support for Robben from the club, especially this year. He's well known to be a moody character in the dressing room no matter where he has been.

my definition of big game is obviously different from some here. I'm not thinking about group stage games in tournaments. I'm thinking of those singular matches where a title is on the line. like the WC final against Spain, or yesterday's Bundesliga decider.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He missed a chance for Holland in that world cup final in what, the second half of extra time?! And the irony is that he missed it because he stayed on his feet, if he'd decided to dive it would have been a penalty....

We all know Robben is a moody bastard. But he was a moody bastard before Bayern signed him. This is my main issue with it all. Did they think they could turn him into Mr Congeniality?

11. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my, my the selective memory. sneijder put him through on goal in the 62nd minute..the clearest chance of the whole match.

the play you are referring to occurred sometime around the 83rd minute, and it would have been a free kick from outside the box.

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why is Robben here portrait as moody? RVP could be a bit moody back in the day. Sneijder, yes, could be moody. Davids. Kluivert. I could name many Dutch NT players, but what is this moody talk about Robben? He always has his Donald Duck face on and is a such a cool guy. The climate in Dutch dressing room is I think the best in 100 years. There were always problems. Now I always see Robben with a smile on his face. He wants to play football really bad and enjoys every minute he can. Boy what a difference with the years before him. We didn't qualify in 2002 because of this reason. People not charching up for the games. We did beat England and Germany in friendly's. There was enough quality. Just to much unmotivated players. Robben never has motivation problems. You know who puts on a moody face when Robben scores? Ribery. Even after the Schalke goal in half final of the Cup he was the one who didn't celebrate with him.

The biggest eyeopener for Bayern fans must have been his international game against England. Before that he was hopelessly out of form. Or you could say he was made so insecure that he passed when he should shoot and shoot when he should have passed. He was not allowed to be himself. Then he comes to NT and he single handily took out England with Maradonna 1986 like goals. You can't do that when you are out of form. So he is underachieving at Bayern and he has said himself that he felt trust in Dutch NT, indicating he didn't get that at Bayern.

Beckenbauer can be nullified here, but he provides quote's for journalists and those get in papers and ignite discussions and in the post match England interview Robben showed very clear it was getting under his skin. He said 2 papers were at war with him. There was a moment in a Bayern game before that international game where I saw how sad he was made, making a pass where he should have shot himself. Confidence: 0,0.

To extract a problem with Robben big match performances on the basis of 2 games is highly unscientific. First of all he scored big goals in knock out for NT and Club not only in group stage. Secondly I have read posters here on Bigsoccer that would put him in a world XI team, because he is a big match player. I agree with that. Of all players in NT, he and Sneijder are the big match players. Here I have a recent piece of one of the better journalist in worldfootball Article Jonathan Wilson before CL game against Madrid singleling Robben out again (big match player):

He also had the vital assist on Gomez for a 2-1 win against Augsburg. The difference between 3 and 1 point .. again.

The point is that in a competition you get 3 points for a win. Manchester United got trashed by City but who is on top in EPL? There have been countless moments where Bayern has blew it. If Bayern's analyses is we blew it against Dortmund then I have a little surprise for them: They will lose the title for a third time. Dortmund have Reus next year and that is another DYNAMIC player. Robben and Ribery give a false sense of dynamics. Against mediocre site's their class enables them to punish and Bayern becomes noob team bashers, but better site's need to be approached with more dynamic gameplay and that is not offered and that also has to do with Gomez.

Look at Gomez movement vs that of Lewandowski.

[​IMG]

Gomez is the one who checks out at big matches, because his movement is not dynamic enough, making Bayern to predictable. It's always Robben and Ribery who need to initiate attack. That is easily to counter with double marking. On top level you need more dynamic strikers causing surprise. This is also the reason why Klose is or was (I don't know the current state) giving Gomez such a hard time for NT, despite he has now scored 2 times less goals or so in competition. In big matches he can't rely on his wingers so much, everybody has to carry his own weight, he needs to create something on his own. He can't. You will see the same against Madrid in CL. Mourinho will know exactly what to do. Shut down the wingers with double marking and Gomez becomes toothless. It's to simple and that has to do with a striker that is not dynamic enough among other things.

Same in Dutch NT RVP vs Huntelaar (Germany: Klose vs Gomez). Huntelaar is a statue on legs. Scores but if we would go with that model in big matches Dutch NT is to easily shut down. RVP brings dynamic play or enables the possibility to it (not used with Sneijder behind him).

We see the same discussion at United. Hernandez vs Welbeck.

Dortmund travel the right path to become top site. Such dynamic game-play. That's the future. Hope they can keep their team together and make Bundesliga more interesting.

Third, the reason why people were not mad at Robben after the WC in Netherlands, is because he was the only chance there could be a win. You can blame his miss, but who else would even get into that position? RVP? Huntelaar? LOL. Same with Bayern against Dortmund. At least he gets into those positions. He was the one getting the penalty (he caused it). He gets in front of goal to score.

Anyway, if Dutch NT gets into a final again, my first 2 names on the sheet are Sneijder and Robben. Those are the big game players. I don't have to reason or Youtube that with evidence. You feel that when you have seen all his games. Robben can decide games on his own on the biggest stage. I will never forget the expression on Henry's face when France came back 2-1 Euro 2008 and Robben bangs in a goal within a minute from an impossible angle. Priceless. Or just the most recent game for NT:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgW9bHJ88_w"]Arjen Robben Goal of the Year / Beast Mode vs England HD - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UARwHb8II4Y"]Arjen Robben Goal vs England (3-2) 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I think Neeskens nails it right on the head. Bayern knew what to got. Robben is Robben. They saw him at PSV, Chelsea, Madrid and Dutch NT. They exactly knew what he was. Want to mold him into a different kind of player? Not going to work. Then be honest and wrap the relationship up.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ..... and at least another yellow for Puyol, meaning 10 vs 11.

14. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the shit? What does this have to do with anything? Face it, you guys have a massive bias against Bayern and are not in a position to be lecturing us about unfairly treating Robben. Robben has been treated like a god by many fans and the FO. Beckenbauer is a f*cking muppet, he is the Pele of Germany. Taking Beckenbauer seriously is like taking Pele seriously, you seriously want to take Pele seriously? I haven't seen more backlash against a club after a loss for a long time.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd get very moody too, having to share a dressing room with utter douchebags such as Ribery and Muller and crybabies who want to act like leaders such as Schweinsteiger and Lahm.

16. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is Muller an asshole? And how are Schweisnteiger and Lahm crybabies just because they are not natural leaders? Case in point.

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  18. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you don't know that.

19. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweini's quote is taken out of context (wasn't a response to Robben) and Lahm's response is perfectly normal.

20. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they are because they are German, I suppose.

I've obviously touched a nerve here, because people are now just frothing at the mouth. so i'll take my leave.

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If you mean you don't know how a ref would have acted, then that is always true. For me it was a second yellow and Robben did stay on his feet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po5TJSllge0"]Robben Feat Puyol - You Spin My Puyol - YouTube[/ame]

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also, I see a tendency to be offensive and non analytically and people feel offended at both sides. Let's have a cool discussion. Also there is enough about Robben to celebrate then his misses.

Cheers.

23. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You shouldn't project this rivalry bs unto others. First you come with the "Dutch performance" nonsense and now I'm "frothing at the mouth" because "they are Germans". I don't think any of the regular posters of this forum have said anything anti-german.

24. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole discussion was started on the presumption that Robben is being criticised because he is Dutch.

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let's forget Dutch / German nationality for a second. No one likes negative characteristics attributed to nationality. All discussions that road will lead in flame like discussions and are non productive.

Let's talk about Robben the player. Do you agree that Robben's bad form after his injury and before the England Holland game could be attributed to low confidence from him, created by the outside or even his own team members?