Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oke boys and girls.

If you want to discuss any Dutch artists:

[​IMG]

.....on the football field that is people :D, operating at home or abroad, then you are able to discuss those in this thread. :)

Cheers

echo201 repped this.
  2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Robben with 2 Goals(1 Penalty) & 2 Assists. Bayern are 7-0 up & in ominous form. The last assist had CLASS written all over it. Pure Genius,he is a beast down the right flank today.

Sneijder was good yesterday & MVB has improved since the break by quite a bit too,things are looking up for Oranje.

Edit - ********ing Braafheid,piece of sh** makes an absolutely needless & nasty challenge on Robben. Hope Robben's leg in 1 piece.

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The idiotic situation continued in the first half. When Robben scored his second goal and didn't assist to Mueller, that kid and Ribery freezed him out of any celebration feeling, he wanted to share with them. Body language was horrible, if not the facial expression. He looked for confirmation of the two and didn't get it. Robben could do nothing else than scoring, as his first ball contact was one to cut outside bypassing the keeper and then defenders closing in. Had to take the shot.

Now this idiotic situation also worked the other way, when Gomez had to take the shot. CD choose to shield Robben, so Gomez could shoot, but played with 2 thoughts, to pass it to Robben. Also failed action, where resolute handling was required.

After that, Robben did some assists/key passing on his fellow players and especially when he assisted on the jealous Frenchie, the sun broke through the clouds with a miss synchronised jumping in each other arms. Ever since Ribery did that to van Gaal, who he has wiped the floor with when he left Bayern, we know that means nothing.

If you ask me, the whole situation is crazy. Hoffenheim was horrible. Ola John much better than Babel, who couldn't even finish a 1 vs 1, but let Gustavo come back and bag it in by accident. For the rest he created some corners. Maybe harsh to judge him on a game where his team was dominated, but seeing Ola against Schalke and then the same one dimensionality of Babel we have come to know from him, makes me say, let's move on to the youth on this one. If only for the reason we have a striker like KJH, who is one of the finer headers (while RVP also starts to score form those) and Ola has one of the sweeter crosses I have seen from a Dutch winger the past years.

A player getting playing time again is Kuyt. Not bad last game and from the 15 minutes I got between the tow halves of Bayern, not doing bad actually.

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011

Babel I was already shouting out that he is not good enough. Ola is way better. He had half a decent match against the Swiss & people starting chanting for him. But this is a hard match to judge since Hoffenheim were played off the park. Babel played ST & LW/RW this season,so hard to judge his position.

It is good to have 2 different kind of strikers though in RVP & KJH despite me not liking Huntelaar. Apart from Ola Afellay can be a very good Winger for KJH to cross the ball too. I remember the Sweden game & he made decent crosses. Afellay is back in training I guess.Apart from that Drenthe has been doing steady at Everton & I believe he can play the role Elia played at the World Cup.

And Ribery although he is very good player we all know what he did when he wife was pregnant with the hooker or his exploits in the rebellion in a World Cup. The German Media is happy because Ribery does not have an ounce of patriotism & half the time German media asks him "Shouldn't you be playing for Germany" to which he smiles & gives ambigous answers.

They know they cant do the same to Robben.

Apart from this macth I watched parts of the Inter-Chievo match & Sneijder looked great. No bad form issues. Its just that Inter play with 7 defensive players atleast & Seria A is just blain boring,slow & defensive & the attacking players dont have the class to convert Sneijder's passes.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah Sneijder needs speedy wingers who he can send away on the break. The more fast players in front of him he can send away, the stronger he gets. I saw the game. Inter is one of the most static teams I have seen recently. It has nothing to do with Sneijder, just a completely desynchronised team if you hold it against his skill set. He is right to say he is fine. He is fine. The drop of level when Emanuelson came in against England was huge. Sneijder is still great and one of the pillars for winning Euro 2012.

7. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not so happy about this one. Kuyt is long overdue. I was hoping he would crash and burn at Liverpool. And no, I not very proud of that. But the fact remains that this is the only excuse Bert has. We need to test our promising wingers like Boerrigter, John and Narsingh.

8. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I still dont think he will be 2010 great or that great but he would still be great. I still cant see how people watch Seria A with 7 or 8 defensive players & 0 wingers with a very slow & ageing squad. It is ridiculous. Ultra-Defensive from the coaches. Napoli is the only team which is mildly attacking but they are better of as a counter-attacking team than playing Possession Football.

Everton vs Tottenham match coming up. Hopefully both VDV & Drenthe will be in action.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah I also watched the final 15 minutes and he he had good link up play. He did quite nice. Against England he also had the perfect assist to KJH who scored from a header.... . The only player posing a threat for Kuyt is Afellay, a player Bert likes very much also and for the left wing.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not true. Both Udinese and Juventus have migrated towards attacking football and Roma are not far behind.

11. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Roma tries to play but really lacks a true striker. Luis Enrique was brought in to simulate the Barca style, but that is what everyone at every level of football wants.

12. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Haha. I would like to challenge that. I saw Juventus' match today & i have watched a few Juve matches in the hope of seeling Elia playing. They play a horrible boring brand of football.

Udinese & Roma I guess are not "typhical" Italian playing team. Enrique is trying to impose a different philosophy,having said that they are still not something spectacular to watch. JUST MY OPINION.

13. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Huntelaar recovers from his injury to score a penalty goal.

Bruma plays 90 minutes for Hamburg which is great. Schalke win 3-1. Hope Bruma can nail that starting spot.

14. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ilan Boccara
    [​IMG]

Who is this kid? he is apparently french, born and raised in Paris and a PSG player. And yet he plays Holland u19? what's going on?

15. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. John K

John K Member

Nov 8, 2007
    van Persie scores and argues with Krul for the whole game and in the tunnel after. You Dutchies just can't get along with each other. :p

17. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    The next NT reunion should be fun :D

18. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, that didn't look fun

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am so angry with RVP right now. I want to see van Marwijk's conflict management skills ASAP. If this is left out unprocessed it can get in the way of a top performance at Euro 2012. RVP is faking and has let his ego get carried away by the scene.

I don't care one bit for Arsenal or Newcastle if it comes to my NT. 1 second playing for NT is more important than the entire clubs and their history combined. This stupid club game is messing with my NT harmony.

RVP was acting very unworthy as a captain tonight and went into an ego battle with a player lower in the NT pecking order. Acting like a punk. I am not saying he did not have a case Krul was slow to restart the game, I am saying RVP should have handled it differently then street fight behaviour.

Krul takes time, he can chase, 6 second rule starts and the game carries on. Instead he is going to apply the masculine rules to Krul in Dutch of playing ball, because he knows Krul and knows he can make that to him. Krul was professional as Arsenal was playing at home and pressuring. So he did annoy a bit, but in the interest of his team. He can do that.

RVP is a fault here.

20. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Quick question, do you guys know the status of Rvp's off the pitch relationship with some of his NT mates like Robben, Van der vaart and Sneijder??? Do they get along???
    I think he gets along with the first 2, but i don't know about Sneijder though...

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    From the replay I've seen, it seemed like Krul was the one who confronted Van Persie and other Arsenal players after the second goal. He wanted them to rush back to their own half so Newcastle could restart the game... All night long Newcastle (the whole team, not just Krul) took an eternity every time the game was stopped, now all the sudden after they fell behind, they wanted to hurry up and didn't let Arsenal players to celebrate the goal. Well, kinda hypocrisy, isn't it? Funny that had they not wasted so much time, the game would probably have not gone to the fifth minute of injury time. But, that's football.. :D

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah I understand. I just put RVP to a higher norm. He must be bigger and also went into trying to block Krul's kicks. I didn't like that, if they know each other. He also made a scene out of the situation:

[​IMG]

This being just a part of it. He was very in your face while holding the victory. I hate that kind of behaviour. When you win, you should have the buffer to understand the losers frustration. You already won, you don't have to go after their dignity. Holding the game up or not. I by the way thought it was not that terrible. It was an incredible high paced game and the pace was just a bit lower because of Krul, not that much.

All in all I didn't like RVP in all of this, but you are right with the Krul run. Not smart either when you have taken your time as well all game.

23. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was expecting a certain someone to bi*ch about RVP, but I didn't expect it would be you, DRB300:p

don't act as if it's an outrage. If van Persie did this to Edwin van der Sar then we can kick him out of the squad. But Tim is our little punk that still has some things to learn. You don't show this kind if attitude towards your senior. I liked how Robin showed some swag at the end of the game. put that little punk in his place. and who else to do that than our previous little punk.:p

This kind of started when RVP told Tim to not waste time early on. (Why was he wasting time anyway?) Now we all know that Tim is not the first person to waste Robin's time But Robin never bothered to say anything. But against Krul, a fellow dutch men he did speak up. Now you ask yourself why he did that. I don't think he did that to piss Tim off, but little Tim obviously took it the wrong way. And that's when things got hot, fast.

Robin is Arsenal's best player, the top scorer in the EPL. He is allowed to show some arrogance if he want to. Robin has been behaving rather well those days but let's not forget that Robin used to be a punk, guess Tim didn't know that. I don't know what Tim sad that pissed Robin off so much, but I'm sure it was something that you don't say to your senior.

This kind of reminded me of what van der Vaart was talking about a few weeks ago.. About how the new players show less respect towards towards their seniors. He talked about how he always listened to what his seniors had to say when he was still new to the NT and how things are different those days. and this is Rafael we are talking about! the next Johan Cruijff at that point. and who is Tim Krul?

My point is, you don't try to talk down your senior. When players like van Persie, Sneijder, van der Vaart have something to say you shut f*ck up, listen and learn. They have been running this game for years.

Ow and you wont see van Marwijk's conflict management skills. He will talk to van Persie and little Tim but he will do it in his office not in front of the media. So als men dat verwacht van de beste bondscoach aller tijden.

24. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Why??? so a player should never stand up for himself because another "senior" player thinks he's right???
    And if you're being honnest, you'll admit that RVP was never one to shut up in front of an older player, so why should anyone else do the same for him???
    And as for the question of who Tim Krul is, he's currently the best dutch goal keeper imo.