Dust League Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DrHeckle, Aug 7, 2011.

1. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I pm'd you info I had for a Zblanke who had expressed interest but there was no room for him at the time. I sent him an email yesterday from my Yahoo account but have not heard back. His Big Soccer activity was only when he was searching for a draft league. Maybe he will respond to an email from someone else?

2. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have emailed him also.. we will see what happens.

In the meantime if anyone else out there knows someone who wants to take over let me know.

3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    despite the good Hecklers well-intentioned pleas, I'm not particularly interested in trying to manage two teams myself, but i've emailed someone who might be a solution - hopefully we can find someone

i think it's up to your league as i don't believe there's a rule on it, but i'd consider under the circumstances allowing whoever takes over to create a new team, to bring in the current roster, and then have the option of a free week of transfers (i.e., the new owner would have a chance to catch up on the transfers that haven't been made without having to burn the wildcard to do it) - there would need to be a manual adjustment of team value that would require the new owner to keep "x" in the bank (i.e., so it would use the current value not the new team value of 100.0) but it would be a minor bone to toss to the new owner as an an incentive to come in and it benefits everyone in your league to bring in an active manager who will still be operating at a disadvantage - just a thought - do with as you please

4. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :(.. I will have to wait to take on Blech until we meet in Small Rocks in 2014/2015 ;)

I have also contacted the guy who came 2nd in ill fated Splinters League last year and who is currently winning our Open League (damn it!).. maybe he wants to jump in and play caretaker to get his feet wet again in draft land.

I appreciate Blech's comments and will take in under advisement.... but for the sake of continuity and leaving Surreywoods points on the board etc both for Dust, All Rocks and the Head to Head comp, I would rather have a new manager take over the team and use the wildcard to cast aside the driftwood (Holden, Wilshere, Gallas, Malouda ). Yes they burn a wildcard, yes the value of the team is crappy (97.3 I think)... but what a small price to pay for being in the best EPL Draft game EVER....:D

5. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    yes, that's it, i'm running scared from you! :D i'm busted again!

it would be easy enough to add the current points and the team's so far behind that it doesn't really matter anyway. i'd just confirm you're right on the value and then the new owner has to keep at least 2.7 in the bank to make that even. it makes no difference to me as a bystander, but i'd appreciate it if i was being recruited to join and it's a minor give to make for something that will benefit your entire league. of course, i'd understand if you want to maintain your advantage in the various all rocks competitions by keeping your league imbalanced..... ;)

6. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Since the wildcard usage (or waste of using one) seems to be the major issue, I offer this as a solution for new manager:
    • Keep same FPL team on FPL site (change name to freshen it up)
    • This preserves 1) the Team $$ Value (no manual adjustments needed); 2) Our Head to Head League and 3) Surreywoods Points so far on League Table
    • Allow new manager to make as many free transfers as he like for GW 12, but he does not use wildcard
    • His total points moving forward will be "manually adjusted" to add on those penalty trading points. For example, for GW12 he makes 8 changes. Since 2 are free he will be penalised 24 points. His total points will always be "Total + 24"... similar to wewunwunce who is "Total - 5pts" after LeonBestGate
    • This preserves his wildcard which he can then use whenever he wishes.
    Only problem I see with this scenario is that I do not get any advantages in the various All Rocks comps which is a major disappointment .... I will have to devise another cunning plan to tip the scales in my favour:p

7. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    OK, everyone stop looking.... we have a new manager.

Rafs (aka Prince Muppet, 2nd place in Splinters) is going to re join us. I have passed Rob Robs log in details to him and he will sort his team out this week, wildcard and penalty points free...:)

8. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    this gets to the same place using a different road. good work.

9. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    excellent.

10. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I thought the new owner would get to come in all money bags and all. Sounds good overall. He may be able to avoid the transfer point penalty with enough good bones in the squad. Where do we send the secret letters on who we want to be taken off of the Dust League available player list to put a little drag on all of those Dusters at the top of the table.

11. KnobbyP

KnobbyP Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course the new owner could take a leaf from Ashleys book, sell the naming rites to your stadium, doing away with 119 years of tradition, for 8-10 million which can then be spend on upgrading the team. Alternatively sell your most over rated player to Liverpool for 35 million and laugh all the way to the bank!
    Geordies - we're not bitter!

12. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It turns out Mr Rafs has gone on holidays.... he must have pre-booked them before he knew that he had secured the much coveted role of Surreywood Rangers Boss.... that is the only explanation..

My intention was to try and have this sorted by GW 12 but that may not happen, my mate who knows Rafs obviously does not know him that well and has no idea when he is back from hols...

So Surreywood may go rudderless for another week.. depends on when he surfaces...:(

13. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He's Back !!!!

Rafs has returned from Holidays and made some sweeping changes to Surreywood Rangers... namely being:
    • Team Name has changed to AC TIG
    He has dumped:
    • Cech
    • Nelson
    • Gallas
    • Baird
    • Marveaux
    • Wilshere
    • Holden
    • Thomas
    • Malouda
    • Baird
    • Drogba
    He has signed:
    • Kenny
    • Ward
    • A Ferdinand
    • Neil Taylor
    • Sessegnon
    • Arteta
    • Ramires
    • Gutierrez
    • A Johnson
    • Klasnic
    He has used his Wildcard... confident he will not need another, since his team is that awesome (his words).... he has another "free" wildcard up his sleeve if he ever wants it, as dicussed in earlier posts...

Thanks to Rafs for taking on this task.. he is 86 pts off 7th spot in Dust League and 263 of a promotion spot... interesting to see how he does.. good luck:D

14. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Big improvements by Rafs and a very nice squad now. Welcome to Dust and good luck.

15. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Some Changes made this GW so far.....

Jedi:
    Out: Olsson
    In: Caulker

Bigger Boat:
    OUT: Barton
    IN: Etherington

AC TIG:
    Out - gutierrez
    In - petrov

Denocmuppet
    OUT: Dunne
    OUT Cabaye
    IN: Bardsley
    IN: Scott Parker

I am sure Hally will be about just 2 mins before cutoff for his adjustments...

16. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Got rid of Warnock and took Monk. Give it up to Swansea and their clean sheets. I now have 3 Swan defenders, lol.

How 'bout them Dusties. Bigger Boat (Aircraft Carrier) leading All Rocks with Cassville United and wewunwunce in the top half. Major kudos to y'all. Sizzle and Jedi are not far from upper half of table. Go Dusties go!

17. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Koze Soze makes some adjustments at the 11th Hour before GW 16: (as predicted :p)

in : Samba
    out : Santos

in : Maxi Rodriguez
    out : Allen

in : Yakubu
    out : Hoilett

All these are for GW 17

Jedi steals yet another player from me... I almost signed Drenthe after I watched Everton Norwich but was too sleeeeepy... get up the next morning and......

Out: Pilkington
    In: Drenthe

So I made a few other changes of my own.....

Out: Ivanovic
    Out: Etherington

In: Valencia
    In: Bosingwa

Jedi was not done.....

Out: Warnock
    In: Monk

Then Hally (Keyser Soze) makes his usual late night fiddles:

In : Cerny
    Out : Begovic

In : Zabaleta
    Out: Kolarov

Out : Lennon
    In : Gomez

..... and that concludes trading on the Dust Stock exchange for GW17

18. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sure, after you sabotaged my draft by taking all my players. I think you owe me Van Persie for compensation. :p

19. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    OK, fair enough... you can have him soon when he breaks an ankle or something.... that can't be too far away surely:rolleyes:

20. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    wewunwunce:

Out: Hutton
    In: Hibbert

keyser soze wanderers

out : Milner
    in : Osman

out : Cerny
    In : Reina

Yipeee..... the FPL Cup starts this week... let's hope for 9 games not getting called off due to snowy stuff; I am still bitter about last year :mad:

21. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    BiggerBoat:

OUT: Ashley Young
    IN: Etherington

Bank 4.1

22. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In the end I just couldn't take a possible 8 week hiatus by Suarez, so bring on Berbs. :D Gerrard looked pretty good after his long layoff sooooo...

We'll see!

23. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I saw you had taken Suarez so had my heart set on Berby; then I saw you swapped them over and Suarez is available :confused:... talk about toying with my emotions !!

Figure I will hang on to Suarez until the appeal thingy then use my January wildcard to get rid of him....

We shall see.... REALLY surprised to see you taking the players off my shopping list Jedi... may your mediclorian levels decrease rapidly :p

24. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Feeling more and more like a lowly clone trooper. Couldn't even defeat Average. Ohhhhh the humility.

25. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Updates on Dust Transfers....

Pre-Game Week 18

Denocmuppet:
    OUT: Suarez
    IN: Drogba

...then the Game Week 19 shenanigans start.....

Jedi:
    Out: Lampard
    In: Gerrard
    Out: Dzeko
    In: Suarez

Jedi again......
    Out: Suarez
    In: Berbatov

Bigger Boat jumps on board:
    OUT: Agbonlahor
    IN: Suarez

Some last minute adjustments for keyser soze wanderers