Dust Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wanna trade with someone from Sand?! :p

johno repped this.
  2. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    On the EPL site, I am in Dust, All Rocks, and Sweet FA Cup leagues.

Do I need to be in any others?

3. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    No, those are the only three :thumbsup:

4. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dust Predictions for 2013/14

Last but not least, the Dustys limp over the line fully exhausted from completing their Draft. For some it is the first time, and now they have a taste of it, definitely not the last. Others have been here since the dawn of time and are dipping their feet back in the water.... let's see how they shall fare.....

8th Place - Not-a-Cisse - 1643 Points
    Big thanks to PlantyBoy for taking over the last Managers role after lolshorts got a look at himself in the mirror and realised that his Big Soccer moniker was hitting a little too close to home. May be the lowest predicted score in Dust, but Plant Jnr has the honour of being the highest lowest prediction over the 4 Leagues:confused:. Actually the spread form 1st-8th is only 136 pts which is the lowest by far in All Rocks. Dust is going to be tight, and with a few shrewd moves, 8th place could easily be promotion. Good luck young apprentice... PHPCHDW: (Player he Probably Could Have Done Without) - Olsson

7th Place - Yellowcake Phantoms - 1676 Points
    The "other" Doc has come back from a hiatus of sorts, and seems a bit rusty still based on these stats. Grabbed RVP as 1st pick, but as alwasy with No 1 pick, by the time it gets back to you and you're picking overall 16th, it is kinda like being at the bar 5 mins after closing time... slim pickings indeed.. I should know, as that is the impression I feel the girls have when they look at me that time of the morning ;)! I don't particularly like any of his midfield, but I don't really like anyone so that ain't sayin' much.. PHPCHDW: Ba
    6th Place - Ben Giveth & Benteke - 1696 points

Unlike others in AllRocks, actually names his team after a player in his team, or did he pick his players based on the name of his team??o_O Either way, this makes more sense this way. If DeGuzman gets over his headache and gets good minutes, his midfield looks ominous, which means he only has to play 3 at the back, although looking at that bunch, even that may be 2 too many ! PHPCHDW: Bertrand... although the other 3 defenders priced at 5.0 are knocking at the door...

5th Place -SSC Snoopy - 1705 Points
    Has amassed a nice looking team, and surprised it is ranked 5th. A lot will depend on Rooney and what he is up to, and surprised he took Monreal when Gibbs is there for the same price, but maybe this is a long term plan? Coleman & Mirallas should thrive under new management. Good base of a team, just hope Huck hangs around all year tro manage it. PHPCHDW: Monreal
    4th Place - Keyser Soze Wanderers 1719 Points

Once he settled down and did his homework about Round 5 of the draft, Mr Hall really came home strong, then fell over again with Campbell & Puncheon, but I think he has had those 2 in his team since 1996 so guess he is sticking strong. Has spent 11.0 on keepers which is an absolute debacle, probably should have eeked another 0.5-1.0 towards a better defence as it seems 4-4-2 is the go here, as I do not even know who McCauley is... and know even less why he is worth 5.5. Or that extra could have even got you your old mate Crouchy? It matters not anyway, it is likely all these players will be gone by Week 3 as Hally is not one to be shy with the trades. All jokes aside, this is a good platform for Hally to launch his run up the ladder, much better than previous seasons efforts... good luck mate :thumbsup:! PHPCHDW: Puncheon

3rd Spot - Awesenal - 1747 points
    Winner of the Soldado lottery in Dust.... I wonder how much play Sonabert had in that:sneaky:.... Awesenal did not seem like the "fastest finger" type throughout the draft.Lovely looking front 3 now in Lukaku, Sturridge & Soldado, and a Golden Boot could be on the cards here. Midfield is no frills but should accumulate some points, especially under the new BP structure. PHPCHDW: Ramires... hopefully he is getting dumped after Week 1 double up.

2nd Spot - 868 Warriors - 1757 points
    Good old Johno has brained it in the Draft again, now leyts hope he stays around this year to see his team home because as usual his foundations are awesome. Has both angles covered in Gunners attack with both Giroud & Podolski, and his defence can be played with 5 if need be, pending Clyne being healthy, playing a crappy team, and playing at home. Has 3 x Chelseas players, and good ones too in Cole, Hazard & Lampard so could kick clear early to a big lead, then he will have to pay attention and play his cards right for the season to stay there! PHPCHDW: mmmm tough one... I will say Morison ..but that is lame as he only had 4.5 to spend... so I don't know!

1st Spot - wewunwunce - 1779 points
    Last year's cellar dweller has come back with a vengance , and secures top billing here.. form 8th Pick in the Draft! A lot has to do with Bale obviously,and when he goes, it will be how Knobby Snr spends that 12.0 that may determine the season. Nice defence, which may need to be played with 5 across the back on occasions, and it must have been this D that led to the high ranking as, apart form Bale, I do not see it elsewhere. PHPCHDW: Rodwell

This looks like it is going to be a close one, and if it reflects any other bottom division from the past, it is the ACTIVE ones who stay alive!

Sonabert, DoctorJones24 and johno repped this.
  5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Morrison was actually intentional. I wanted to draft him once I committed to the draft. He scored 5 goals in 6 preseason games and is a Manchester United academy product who needed a change of scenery. He's incredibly talented -- he was called the biggest talent in our academy since Scholes -- and if his head is on right, you are looking at 8 goals and bonus pts out the wazoo.

But but but, I'm probably overrating him as I tend to do with United products.

Denis Horan repped this.
  6. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ok ta, I needed a 4.5 midfielder.... sounds good to me !:D

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ahh so red card, plus an extra 2 game suspension in first game week then?

DrHeckle repped this.
  8. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    I noticed that Yellowcake added Ben Arfa on the EPL site/forum, though he was drafted by me (Ben & Ben).

9. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Ben and Ben - Ben Arfa and Benteke! :p Just send him a pm and he should get rid of him :thumbsup:

10. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Yay for having RVP and trying to get cute by picking Agbonlahor (with his two away games) as captain. Overthink much?

Denis Horan repped this.
  11. KnobbyP

KnobbyP Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have now resolved the issues of logging into the site following the recent update, so seem to have missed a little.
    Dan & I are happy to use google Docs for transfer updates.
    All future literary masterpieces will now be posted in the Chit Chat thread as suggested.

And so the season has kicked off,
    just 2 teams left to play
    I've watched all of the others
    On BBC "Match of the Day"
    Already some surprises
    As Arsene lost to Villa
    The "Great One" wins at Stamford Bridge
    But it was not a thriller
    Moyes takes Fergies mantle
    Some managers will be chuffed
    Except for Clarky at West Brom
    Who seemed a little huffed
    Just Man City and Newcastle
    are left to join the fray
    Wonder if their French revolution
    Can get the "Toon Army" underway
    There will be joy
    There will be tears
    Of that there is no doubt
    But who shall win the Dust League?
    I hear the pundits shout
    Wewunwunce is tipped for glory
    just for picking Bale
    But I sold him and brought Oscar in
    Perhaps that was the ale
    As long as I beat Plantyboy
    My season will be won
    I don't think I could carry on
    If beaten by my son

I'll update with more poetry
    If you really want me to
    No doubt some of you quite like it
    And others may think it poo!

DrHeckle, DoctorJones24, tjh71 and 2 others repped this.
  12. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Definitely NOT poo Iain. Keep 'em comin' mate. We need the lighter side of this to take the edge of the (sometimes) seriousness of the competition that we do get carried away with now and then.

13. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Seconded. I may bust out the odd haiku myself. Maybe even a villanelle...

14. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Challenge time for KnobbyP ...

Can you do one that involves as many team names as possible from the 32 team league ?

15. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I am taking no responsibility for his 1st pick of that missing Ninja . Kagawa !!
    At times it's like pulling teeth whilst trying to teach a baby to walk ..:whistling:

16. KnobbyP

KnobbyP Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Give me time and I'll see what I can do!

DrHeckle and Sonabert repped this.
  17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've made a swap.

Podolski, F, 8.4 OUT
    Welbeck F, 7.6 IN

changes made to google doc and posted in forum.

Also are we up to date on the google doc?

18. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nice move.... lol

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fackin brilliant. I've since undone it. I thought he was off 'heard a rumour to that effect and since his value had dropped a point, didn't want to wait too long. Should have trusted my gut.

DrHeckle and Denis Horan repped this.
  20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Of course, Welbeck will score a double hat trick and save 2 penalties against Chelsea and put out a fire in the parking lot, while being elected as President of Ghana thus making my 1 week inclusion of him at the expense of Podolski completely worth it.

Sonabert, Denis Horan and DrHeckle repped this.
  21. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    Are we updating the spreadsheet used for draft with player acquisitions/drops since start of season?

22. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes, I have renamed it but it is the same sheet. It is a good tool but only of use if everyone sticks to updating it.

23. Jimellow

Jimellow Member

May 15, 2005
    Ben Giveth & Benteke
    I am noticing some discrepancies, or lack of updating.

Would be nice if it could be kept up to date, as finding out who is taken/available otherwise is quite a bit of leg work.

24. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe we can ask folks to post their full teams as things are now, so that there is no confusion?

Come to think of it, it actually makes sense to post your team at the end/start of each game week.

25. KnobbyP

KnobbyP Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have had to have the PC repaired, finally managed a couple of transfers and updated the old Google Docs