DUMBARTON FC 2012/2013 ( Any other SFL DIV 1 side welcome)

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by IvanIV, Jun 28, 2012.

1. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully we can learn to not be relegated at this level.

2. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Taney Town
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Here's a link to my recent article that I wrote for Ultimate Scottish Football magazine, focusing on the work that Alan Adamson has done for Dumbarton and featuring excerpts from an interview that I conducted with him recently: http://peter-mccormick.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/dumbarton-fc-season-201213-season-of.html Unfortunately the article was written only two days before Adamson was sacked, so I required to write a new article for the magazine at the last minute and that can be viewed here: http://peter-mccormick.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/dumbarton-fc-look-to-future.html

Anyone who fancies reading the magazine can do so here: http://issuu.com/ultimatescottishfootball/docs/usfissueone?mode=window&backgroundColor=#222222

4. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did u tell him the the american chairman of dumbarton* fc thought he was the best manger in in football?

5. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did u tell him that dumbarton fc's american chairman* thought he was the best manager in football? and if it were up to him he'd never let him go?

6. Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Taney Town
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Sure I did.

He seemed like a really nice guy. Yesterday's defeat by Airdrie would seem to imply that sacking him hasn't changed anything.

IvanIV repped this.
  7. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah. the text updates i received were a real roller coaster ride. i was coaching at the time and i would cheer either my phone or my team... :)

8. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Crazy decision to get rid of Adamson from an outsider's view. His first season and a half were unmitigated successes and if anything that would have made this season so much harder as he took Dumbarton from relegation fodder to 1st division in such a short time.

What exactly did the board expect? Can't help feeling they might rue this decision. No doubt some 36 year old retiree will be drafted in.

IvanIV repped this.
  9. Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Taney Town
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    My mole at the club tells me that Jack Ross has already been offered the job to some degree, so I expect him to be appointed. Highly disappointing decision from the Board to get rid of a manager who has been hugely successful for the club both as assistant manager and as manager in his own right. I can't see anyone coming in and turning things around and I can't see anyone coming in and having anywhere near the level of success that Adamson has enjoyed in his time at the club. Ridiculous.

IvanIV repped this.
  10. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    still gutted by his firing. callous and short sighted of the club, imvho.

i loved seeing AA on SonsTv. his post game interviews were always good to watch.

11. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Reminds me of when East Fife sacked Steve Archibald. Got us promoted to the first after just a season and a bit in charge. We were actually doing OK for the first few games, he got sacked, we brought in Jimmy Bone and the plummet towards the 3rd division began and didn't stop until we ended up 3rd bottom in the 3rd division. Think there was some argument about going full time with the board but it doesn't matter. When you've got a manager who's been so successful, you try your best to keep him. The wrong choice now for Dumbarton could have serious consequences. The new guy will most likely end up relegated and leading a demoralised club into a tough 2nd division season. I can't believe they've been so short sighted. I wonder if Cowdenbeath doing so well has raised their expectations. Cowden are doing well because they've made successive excellent managerial appointments who've built up a fantastic PT squad who seem loyal to the club and manager and most of whom already have 1st div experience. Dumbarton have none of that.

12. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sons win! beginning to think i wouldn't get to say that this season...

13. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sosn win again!! this time in a SFL Div 1 match!!

14. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

IvanIV repped this.
  15. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lost again... ∑´ ƒ¨ç˚ˆ˜© ߨç˚ ...

16. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it could be worse... i don't know how ... but it could be...

17. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mon 'eh sons.... c'mon...

18. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Wow, what a difference Ian Murray seems to have made. I take back everything I said. Hopefully for you guys this isn't just a 'new manager bounce'.

IvanIV repped this.
  20. Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Taney Town
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Doesn't look like it is, Gordon. The performances have been substantially different. At his recent meet the manager session, Murray was at pains to state that he wants to improve the professionalism at the club to the extent that the players behave the same as full time pros. That has seen the appointment of a sports scientist and the changing of pre-match meals and routine. Added to that, Murray is seeking to change where we train as we have insufficient space currently and said that the long mooted transfer of the council all weather pitch in the east end of the town to the club should happen sometime next year, which would give us a permament, full size, all weather training facility.

Exciting times to be a Son.

We're by no means safe (we are still bottom of the league regardless of the upturn in performances) and next week's game away to Airdrie now has huge significance as both teams won yesterday. If we continue in the vein that we have, then we will be ok I think. Even if we do go down, we couldn't have any complaints if they kept playing as they have been.

IvanIV repped this.
  21. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well done pete!

22. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Airdrie 1 - 2 Dumbarton

An away win to boot!

23. Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Taney Town
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Superb result yesterday. I was never concerned that we wouldn't win. Airdrie were as dirty a team as ever, a trait that comes straight from their detestable manager, Jimmy Boyle. Referee and his assistants were hopeless, even by the usual low standards of SFL refs. We are now equal on points with Airdrie and Cowdenbeath and have three outstanding fixtures still to be played against Livingston, Raith Rovers and Hamilton.

IvanIV repped this.
  24. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quite a turnaround. Me gusta!

Sweet Pete and IvanIV repped this.
  25. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah. i keep forgetting we have a few in hand.

although i'd think we'd be off the bottom of the table be wins alone.. no?