News: Drunken, Promiscuous College Roommate of Other MLS Teams' News Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by kgilbert78, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    More like We'll leave the Lysol for you...

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamaican International Andre Lewis, the Vancouver Whitecaps pick at #7 in the first round and the guy who /wowed everybody at the Combine, just signed with........the Cosmos.

Nobody apparently noticed when he trained with them in November and even went on a tour of some kind with them. Even while he was at the combine he was negotiating with the Mo's, and either nobody thought to inquire or he lied.

Either way, the "great" Cap's SUperdraft day just went south in big way

5. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    It's been reported that Lewis signed with the Cosmos before the MLS draft, he just didn't tell anyone at MLS HQ and the Cosmos apparently preferred to see where he'd go in the MLS draft before announcing his signing.

Vancouver was able to get an "apology" from Queretaro, along with a couple mil dollars but they lost Camilo the league's leading scorer last year. He basically transferred himself south to Queretaro despite Vancouver having an option on him.

Bill Archer repped this.
  6. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I mean, I love schadenfreude as much as the next guy, but Vancouver is one of the few teams in the league I don't actively despise (honestly... screw everyone else). If only it happened to Seattle or Sh!tcago.

CrewV Man, DAFCrew and Smithsoccer1721 repped this.
  7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's really brutal.

8. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yeah, if the Cosmos had revealed they signed Lewis, MLS skips him and says it's no big deal. Because they kept quiet they can claim they outbid MLS for a first round pick. Sort of like the old AFL/NFL dual drafts for the same players.

10. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    And when the Cosmos dump him or fold up shop in a few years, he's done a good job endearing himself to a potential employer...

11. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
  12. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be curious to know if he got any sour grapes talk from his fellow international already employed by the Caps. That guy was pretty unhappy last season and it wouldn't surprise me.

13. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    There was a later tweet the substance of which is that Lewis signed with the Cosmos who are loaning him out to Vancouver. Wonder how MLS likes being the training ground for the Cosmos?

14. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How often around the world are people signed by the second division and immediately loaned out to the top flight? And with such a loan, is he not eligible for MLSPA CBA considerations since he is under contract with NASL? How would bonuses work? Seems crazy, loaning upwards.

15. Dominican

Dominican Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reynoldsburg
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose (and this is automatismo thinking, if you will) that the Cosmos would achieve more name recognition if this rumored loan is true. ie. Every televised Vancouver game the announcers would remind the audience that Lewis is on loan from the Cosmos....I know it's a far fetched reason but I guess its as plausible as any other?

16. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of the Double A baseball team who does the craziest promotion so news outlets talk about it and get their name printed a bunch. Welcome to the big time Cosmos.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the minor-league promotions are quite awesome in their own right. The Columbus Chill had promotions involving on-ice limousines, guys in sumo suits (they might have been real sumos) on the ice, the Columbus "Mad Cows" promotion, and a lot more that I'm forgetting.

18. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to put this chick to bed.