Don't Forget to Write! - Gunners on Loan, 2011/12, {R}

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Jamooky, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow - completely forgot about Denilson throughout this season. No way he's ever coming back, right?

2. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows? It will probably come down to whether Sao Paulo wants to keep him. The fact that he is getting games for a top club in Brazil is encouraging, but i don't know whether that's due to injury or what.

Right now Sao Paulo are leading in their state championship, with just a few games to go. If they win it will be their first title in a few years, and they are one of the richest clubs in Brazil. Hopefully they will want to take Denilson off our hands.

Personally, i don't want him back. I always stuck up for him and didn't appreciate the way he threw the team under the bus on his way out the door. Besides, with Wilshere healthy again and Arteta doing well, he wouldn't see any minutes here.

3. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    Agreed. For the most part, I have been on his side. I thought he got a lot of unfair criticism for a young player simply trying to make his way who did okay - some good, some bad. He always had a great attitude, which I liked...however this summer, his comments and his behaviour regarding the team left a bad taste in my mouth. I still wish him success in Brazil or wherever he ends up, but I don't see a need to take him back at this point. I think a permanent move back to Brazil would suit all parties.

4. 88AgentS

88AgentS Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would some of these guys returning have any affect on morale. Team spirit seems to be high and I don't see how having players who don't want to be here (Vela, Bendtner) would be good.

5. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    For a young guy Denilson was overplayed and got bogged down in a lower level of performance instead of being fresh and enthusiastic when called upon.

6. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Ryo compilation here. This kid looks like he can really play:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tSfsdviPNU"]Ryo Miyaichi????????? 2012 ???? HD - YouTube[/ame]

Gotta love our scouting department, getting this guy for peanuts. He must be a real prodigy, considering his rate of development. He moved from high school soccer to the Eredvisie and now to the EPL within a span of a little over a year, and he's excelled at every step. Looks like he will slide right into our team next season.

No wonder the boss didn't want to spend $20M on Juan Mata. We got a better talent for free.

7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  11. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Nice vid. No matter how much I see him play I'm always surprised by his technical ability. I somehow still think of him as some kind of kick-and-run speed merchant, but Ryo has it all.

Honestly, he might be the best young player in the league but because he's Japanese no one's heard of him before a year ago.

BTW: Ryo's taking on the Spuds in the rescheduled FA Cup match. That'll be in the background, while APOEL take on Real Madrid and Benfica continue Chelsea's misery.

12. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any of y'all know why Ryo was able to get clearance to come to the UK, but Campbell wasn't? Just curious.

13. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    ryo had to play a year in holland.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    arteta is basically denilson at the peak of his potential but much better imo

i thought denilson could be a good deeper lying midfielder at early doors, but his passing regressed

15. Just Blaze

Just Blaze Member

Jun 19, 2007
    NoVa temporarily
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Six months, wasn't it? He joined in January 2011, then spent the rest of last season at Feyenoord.

16. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    his passing didnt regress, imo. Its not like Arteta is playing throughballs now either (he isnt. Funny stat, Denilson completed a higher percentage of forward passes than Wilshere did last year). Denilson lost some lateral quickness when he had that back injury.

18. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And he stopped tracking back.

19. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    back during that carling cup run, i thought he showed good eyes for some through balls. he still, even afterward, showed that he sees certain passes that he wasn't able to complete. maybe "regress" is the wrong word (even though that's how i think of it as well) but it seemed like during that transition when he was asked to play the more defensive role and, particularly, after that injury, he lost the confidence to try any pass were less than certain. which meant no more attacking passes or through balls.
    do you think that is why he started becoming lazy on defense? before that injury, i thought he was doing a good job of learning to be a shield and tactically foul to stop breaks.

20. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he lost a lot of lateral quickness, so I have a feeling that had to do with the "lack of tracking back"

the irony of that statement is that NO ONE tracked back during that period. I understand Denilson getting slaughtered, but this is that "favorites" thing coming up again.
    idk, tbh. I just think he got injured, lost confidence, and then a better talent stepped in and took over.

21. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Idk - I still can't get over how he let Rooney run right by him that one time.

22. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Boy, I sure missed Denilson"s patented "stick a leg out and trip them right on the edge of the box" move. Is he working on that in Brazil?:(

23. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    about 8 players didnt track back or follow runners that play. Not defending Denilson but everyone fucced up.

24. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    to be fair, while denilson did a poor job of marking and let rooney ran by him, he tracked back (which, i am aware, doesn't remotely absolve him of that stupidity) . . . which, as prince noted, is more than can be said about quite a few other players on that pitch. i can't remember who now but somebody flat stopped at the midfield circle.
    he is. or did, as of the beginning of the english season. either his first or second red was because of it. (there was a video earlier in this thread i think.)

25. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    I've always liked him.

Might be, that we will accept an offer...but I'd like to see him back one day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2121272/Carlos-Vela-wanted-Real-Sociedad.html

....great potential, and always loved to see him do... 'the goalie chip'.:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-I0QrzoXo"]Vela Top 3 Goals 08/09 Season - YouTube[/ame]