Don't Forget Srebrenica - 1995 - 2012

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I understand, I too like Clinton, and I'm sure his heart was in the right place but the fact stands.

Respekt repped this.
  2. Ferhatovic

Ferhatovic Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    America didnt do shit for us. Clinton is still a good guy though.

RIP to all the victims and condolences to the families. My family is friends with this woman that lost her husband and all 3 of her sons at Srebrenica. So crushing.

Vitez, that song is haunting bro.

Zeljo Fanatico repped this.
  3. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    I'll take your word for it, you were old enough to remember all of this but I also would like to believe my family because they all say the same thing.

RIP to all the victims and condolences to the families that lost someone during that time.

Never forgive, never forget Srebrenica.

4. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    the only thing they did do is open their arms up to immigration

5. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
  6. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  7. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    They just like whatever earns them money, whether it be good or bad.

8. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    how did we earn them money??

9. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Republicans earn campaign money from weapon companies that lobby them to take on an interventionist foreign policy so the companies can sell weapons to governments and make money.

anticule repped this.
  10. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Then why not lift the embargo earlier. I don't think our government would of cared that we bought weapons from them I think they just wanted something to defend themselves with

11. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    They lifted it in fucken 1995. The entire international involvement made it sooo much easier for the Serbs in the war.

12. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Im struggling to figure out why they put an embargo on all republics yet one side had clear advantage over all others. There must of been some deal with the UN

13. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    BiH would've been better off without the UN and the US during the war.

14. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Serbia adopted a lion share of Yugoslavian military weapons after the break-up.

15. Borac

Borac Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    RIP to all the victims.

I feel your pain guys. May this never happen again around our corners

Can't stand the genocide deniers and I'll be honest with you guys some of them are my cousins, I guess every Bosnian Serb has those kinds of family members somewhere..

f kejes, Vitez and Zeljo Fanatico repped this.
  16. PjanicBoy8

PjanicBoy8 Member+

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  17. Cheerios

Cheerios Member+

Feb 7, 2012
    Compton
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I was at the memorial this year and a part of me was disgusted while the other was sad. To actually be there and witness the countless graves is heart breaking. Its been seventeen years and wounds are still fresh as ever. How do you explain to a mother that her sons body has yet to be found? Or to the wife that they have yet to find the head of her husbands skeleton? I cried my eyes out, watching a mother mourn the death of her fifteen year old son, and the forty names of my family members that have yet to be found. There was also the buildings where they kept the victims during the war, you can still see the blood splattered on the wall, at this point its turned black.

The other part of me was disgusted. The entire thing has almost become like a circus. You have people selling cevapi, girls wearing heels, makeup and skirts, people laughing, stepping all over graves. You have political figures only coming to the memorial as a way to gain public support and some votes. Instead of the wives and mothers that lost sons and husbands, these political figures sat in chairs where there was shade and pretended to actual show compassion. You had president Obama issue a statement, some can believe it was genuine, others can be smart and realize he only did it because he knows of the bosnian community in America.

People are forgetting what the actual memorial is about, where has the respect gone for the victims and their families?

18. f kejes

f kejes Red Card

Jul 26, 2012
    London, United Kingdom.
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Because some people think the war is nonexistent and just carry on normall, drink coffee and think things will change and forget what happened. Why can't everyone come together, accept what happened, clear the blood stains on the wall and carry on like we aren't still in 1996 which in all ways it feels as if we are. I got back from Bosnia recently and I could feel it, I could rant more, but I'm not up for it. Like a normal country. But oh well.

Edit: 40 relatives? Oh my god. I'm terribly sorry. I luckily didn't lose anyone.

19. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Interesting you went. Don't think I'll ever go because of the sorrow that remains present. I'd have trouble keeping my stuff together. I have trouble keeping myself in front of my fathers grave, let alone 8,000.

20. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Cheerios.

Very sad to hear about what those people are doing, it's disgraceful. Almost reminds you of the Bosnian Serbs who throw parties every July 11th just to provoke the Bosniaks and the genocide that occured in our country. What a mess.

21. f kejes

f kejes Red Card

Jul 26, 2012
    London, United Kingdom.
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    "I realised that if I set my expectations at the lowest possible of events that may happen, then i'm never surprised."

22. Cheerios

Cheerios Member+

Feb 7, 2012
    Compton
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    After seeing the lack of respect at the memorial, I could have ranted for days.

Yeah, extended family and such. Almost lost my father too

23. Cheerios

Cheerios Member+

Feb 7, 2012
    Compton
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    respect The serbians held a vašer during the memorial. They also have their own memorial a day after...

24. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    You tagged the wrong person. :mad:

And I know that, but I'm talking about the ones who party on July 11th just to provoke the Bosniaks. It's sickening.

25. f kejes

f kejes Red Card

Jul 26, 2012
    London, United Kingdom.
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    This is only the norm in Bosnia, and whilst id never expect it in NZ, im used to BIH. Killers remain neighbours. Imagine if Nazis controlled half of Germany in 1970. Thats Bosnia for you.