Donovan in the media

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by StillKickin, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or give it to one of his teammates who could use it.

And I think it's actually #7, but who's counting? ;)

2. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a negotiating tactic.

"OK, I'll drop the spousal support, but I get full custody of the dogs."

3. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
  4. natagalaxy

natagalaxy New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Geez. Well with any luck, the newest Brett Favre masturbation video drama will kick him off of it.

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    major pr own-goal by landon and his pr team. needs to roll out the whole – it was a standard divorce filing and the support/legal fees was mistakenly included by my attorney i have no intention of seeking any financial restitution from bianca.

6. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Yep, exactly. He is getting absolutely ROASTED across the Internet for this. (Aside from a handful of male-rights advocates who applaud the spousal-support request.)

It's not for me to dive into Donovan's personal business, but yeah -- you really have to wonder what they're thinking from a public-image point of view.

7. natagalaxy

natagalaxy New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    According to TMZ, he filed himself, without a lawyer. So he can't even use that excuse... sigh. This has been a rough week for him, I hope he's okay. I can only imagine what people are tweeting at him.

8. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    :eek: Landon, you make enough money to hire a lawyer!

I have a friend in the middle of something like this. His lawyer told him that if one side is reasonable in their demands and the other side is unreasonable, and the judge has to decide in a trial, the court costs are sometimes assigned to the unreasonable side. Asking for court costs may just be part of this.

Spousal support though, I don't know.

9. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then that is the excuse: "What?! I checked the wrong box! I don't want her money. I should have hired a lawyer." :)

Or since I'm blinded by fandom: Landon wanted to make sure Bianca comes out smeeling sweet through this whole thing, because he still is madly in love with her but she broke his heart, so he's taking the fall and looking like a jerk just so she won't receive any criticism for running him off and putting her career ahead of him. Yeah, I've got issues. :D

10. natagalaxy

natagalaxy New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Or maybe he really DOES want her money. Maybe they don't have a prenup? None of this would've been a big deal if he hadn't checked that one box. What was he thinking?

11. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC

Might tweet him myself. I'm outraged and ill-informed.

Judging by the comments on the article that makes me highly qualified to pass judgment.

12. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The roasting of him for this is so stupid. Did anyone in the media check his Twitter account? The two of them clearly get along, and clearly they've spoken about this filing since there is no lawyer involved.

What a rough week for LD indeed. Maybe while he was on vacation he just decided, screw it, it's all coming out at once. What annoys me even more is the same old "big fish small pond" crap this week. How quickly we forget the World Cup.

The spousal support could be all of $5/week for all we know. And he did support her before she landed her CBS show - so this could be even stevens. Or maybe he paid for the wedding and now she pays for the divorce? Who the heck knows, and it's none of our beeswax.

But one thing is for sure - his popularity from the World Cup is readily apparent - he even made top story on people.com for awhile.

13. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of morbid curiosity, I just ran a twitter search on his name...and the vast majority of tweets to him are pretty nice. Who knows.

What I won't do is click on any articles and read the comments. I learned many years ago not to do that. And not just with LD...basically with any celebrity or news topic. Quite a few opinionated, self-righteous people out there.

14. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I shouldn't feel so self-righteous since I spend a significant amount of time reading and posting to a soccer message board, but it amazes me the things that people waste their time on. Who cares about his divorce one way or the other? I'm a huge Donovan fan, and it's a little teeny blip to me. Geez.

15. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lando is an American hero, he has carried our National Team. He saved OUR world cup.

He is a HERO and a LEGEND. End of story.

16. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's actually asking for arousal support. He wants Bianca to send him bikini pics for the next five years. Bit weird to ask for in a divorce, but they did both say it's been an amicable separation.

17. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Could also claim that he turned down lucrative opportunities abroad etc for the sake of his wifes career.

To be honest I'm not really that interested in his private life. As long as he's playing well and is reasonably happy then it's not anybodies business but his own.

18. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this.

19. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Riiight. Would it surprise anyone if the dude came out of the closet?

21. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Yes, actually. It's pretty clear he's into chicks.

22. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Denial isn't only a river in Egypt.

23. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You seem as though you'd be excited about this....get real dude.

He's the greatest American player of all time, he's a good fella on and off the field.

24. natagalaxy

natagalaxy New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He's never once pinged my gaydar and it is a finely-tuned instrument that has never failed me. Anyway, topic? He tweeted that he was/is going to do an interview with evertonfc.com. Wonder what happened with that? I haven't seen anything.