Donovan in the media

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by StillKickin, Jun 29, 2010.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this one going to be on TV or just Youtube? Because that is a great commercial.

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Filmed at the Biltmore hotel in downtown LA. If you have never seen the lobby in person, you owe it to yourself to go take a look at it. One of LA's finest old public spaces - an architectural gem.

3. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not seen it, and the gorgeous details really shined. Thanks for letting us know.

4. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Landon's facebook page

Just got back from a long walk along the beach with my dogs. Hard to imagine that this season began for me on January 1st with so much promise and ended so abruptly last night. It's been the best year of my life, and it wouldn't be the same without all your love. To the Everton fans, the US National Team fans and the Galaxy fans, thanks for being a part of so many memorable moments in my life. Much love

5. galaxy500

galaxy500 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I saw that too. What's funny to me is all the English, everton fans always begging him to come back. The way I see it is that he's still in the honeymoon period with them. Give him a year or less there and if he ain't producing they will be calling for his head. I mean, look what happened to England's huge star, Rooney.

Here in LA, Donovan is accepted. Has been for years already.

6. natagalaxy

natagalaxy New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The way they behave toward him is ridiculous. They act like his absence is the only reason they aren't winning more, like he's some sort of savior.

7. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    The thing is, he showed the club the utmost respect, and showed commitment and desire to succeed from day one. It surprised a lot of people because nobody really does that in this day and age. He appealed to the fans because of how he spoke and handled himself. He's exactly the type of player our fans love. Tim Cahill is the same and he is hero worshipped by our fans, sure when he has a bad game our fans will be disappointed but I've seen just the same reaction to LD on here after some games so I guess its no different than other teams fans.

As long as you show 100% commitment and run your ass off every game, our fans will love you. That is why our fans love LD. Simple as. We won't turn on him for a bad game or whatever, the fans will only turn on you if you look disinterested and don't work for the team.

Thats rather just the way you are interpreting it. When they say "We need you back" or whatever, it's more we want him back as he adds an extra dimension to our play. They just say that as a way of portraying how much his play here was appreciated.

Sure, he could come back and not have anywhere near the same impact as he had previous, but as I said earlier, his personality and style of play is to give 100% every game, and thats what our fans love. Personally, and as an Everton fan, obviously I want him to come back here but if he doesn't I hope he goes on and has a long successful career with the Galaxy.

All the best.

8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    opening the door to another loan…

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=843952&sec=transfers&cc=5901

i'll say the same thing i said about beckham. go or stay, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. there's no one i want to see more step on to the field in march, but i don't want to hear about how tired you are in october. so request a transfer or rest up until march.

9. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think those post were meant to be ironic. As here in LA he is either the savior of our team or the culprit of our losses. Depending on the game. :)

Good Luck Blues.

10. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. And yes, I said this about Bex last year, too.

11. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Originally Posted by dashiel View Post
    i'll say the same thing i said about beckham. go or stay, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. there's no one i want to see more step on to the field in march, but i don't want to hear about how tired you are in october. so request a transfer or rest up until march.

Actually I believe Donovan will do whatever he feels is best for him. Not what's best for you.

12. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL watch the girl in the back go crazy over Omar. I can't understand what her and her friend are saying after the hug though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGDm5g5d2vg"]YouTube - Landon Donovan Interview[/ame]

13. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon is strolling around on the beach all pimp-like with the fellas. I am digging the shades. This is a very funny clip. :cool:

14. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After reading this it makes me really glad Rudd is gone.

“For us, this is fun. There’s no pressure. You just relax and play the game the way you want to. That trip will be that. I’m actually excited about it. It will be a fun game to play with. This trip was meant to be a fun, end-of-season, enjoy-yourself trip. When Ruud (Gullit) was here it was almost completely opposite. It was almost like preseason at the end of the season and he put guys through really difficult training sessions and it was a really difficult trip. This time, I think it’s going to be a lot of fun. Bruce understands what the trip is about. We want to go and be entertaining and enjoy the game.”

Landon Donovan

Also the girls asked if they could get a photo.

15. strike

strike New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see. So they're just going to carry over the mentality from the last game? Oh well, I'm not staying up to 2am to watch the G's take a piss and goof off.

Friendly or not, they owe us a win before the break.

16. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    "Are you the LA Galaxy?" [indistingishable from player] "Are you serious? Can I have a hug? Please?"
    [hugs player]
    "Get a photo!"
    "Can we have a photo? A photo? Please? Yay!!!!!"

********ing ditzes.

17. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F***ing rock stars.

18. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    I wouldn't get too excited. This is Newcastle, the fact they come from overseas is reason enough for girls like that to get delirious.

19. sammydog

sammydog Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Newcastle, Australia
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think your mixing Newcastle up with the Central Coast.

20. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    F***ing LOL! :D

21. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to get to Newcastle then.

22. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Sadly, no. Merewether born and bred here.

23. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon did a great job at the World Cup bid presentation in Zurich today.

And he looked freakin' good in that 3-piece suit.

I'm so proud he represents us.

24. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sfec11muTo"]YouTube - Nov. 30, 2010: Landon Donovan in Zurich[/ame]