Dominican Soccer

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by G5ive, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    who's that?

2. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's the twin brother of Edwards Espinal, both whom played for Atalanta BC from 1999-2004 (actually Jose left earlier in 2001). Neither ever really got much playing time though, Jose getting a total of 4 matches while Edwards got 9. From that point on they kept falling down the Italian system.

Some vid of his brother:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_kDd1HTAFw&feature=PlayList&p=14DBEC10ACB311D4&index=3"]YouTube - Fc Crotone | Vota il gol più bello | 02, rete di Vinicio Espinal[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39SZSUD33s4&feature=PlayList&p=14DBEC10ACB311D4&index=2"]YouTube - Fc Crotone | Vota il gol più bello | 08, rete di Vinicio Espinal[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olAoyCbvKLM&feature=PlayList&p=14DBEC10ACB311D4&index=1"]YouTube - Fc Crotone | Vota il gol più bello | 09, rete di Vinicio Espinal[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hj5IbYVyyc&feature=PlayList&p=14DBEC10ACB311D4&index=0"]YouTube - Fc Crotone | Vota il gol più bello | 10, rete di Vinicio Espinal[/ame]

3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    AC CENESA no, Calcio Cesena it is

4. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was so sure that I had edited that...

5. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Ningun problema, in fact Cesena played a lot of seasons in the serie A during the eighties, their website says that el dominicano will play with number 82 on his back (that is the year he was born I guess, not the number of goals he has promised them)

6. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah he was born in 1982.

7. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heinz Barmettler Veloz has made the Zurich 18 for their match against Real Madrid. He's been out with a leg injury for quite a while and has only played in a reserves/youth match in the past two weeks, but it'd be cool if here were subbed on for the match.

8. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet another Dominican in Switzerland. His name is Cesar Ledesma Turbi and he's a 1990 with BSC Young Boys youth/reserve team. He seems to play as a winger (defensive and midfield).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    E pa lante que vamos?

10. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparentemente:)

11. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD-ZX-sD8p4"]YouTube - Highlights reel PRSL2009YouTube2[/ame]

There you can watch the 2 goals made by the Dominican in Quintana against River Plate.

12. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the vid:)

13. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished watching W Connection's match against Comunicaciones. Wow, did Jonathan Fana have a match. He had a hattrick as WC beat Comunicaciones 3-0 in Guatemala. He also could have had one or two assists on a couple of great crosses to set up good chances for his teammates, but both missed their chances.

The only bad thing was that he cramped up real bad and I've seen this happen in just about all the CC League matches he's played. Gotta wonder if he's in the best shape he could be or maybe its just that he isn't hydrating properly.

Report: http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12856~1806333,00.html

14. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Fana from the great nation of Dominican Republic?

15. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes of course:D

16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    He's from Moca, he played already in the local LIGA MAYOR when he was only 16 and of course already scored a lot, his nickname is Juanbosito and he's faster than a bullet

17. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he also 5 caps for the national team.

18. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Which is great, tomando en cuenta que the MNT plays like 1 or 2 games a year

19. Rockingout

Rockingout Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Los Angeles County
    I heard that Fana Farias was being looked at by juventud retalteca in Guatemala, any news on that.

20. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I heard that as well. Mostly due to an injury to one of their main strikers. But I haven't really heard much else.

21. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How many teams will partecipate in the 2010 Liga Mayor ?

22. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    I guess 7

23. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Jonathan Faña Frias stated that Red Bull, Chivas USA and a team from Servia have shown their interest

24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
  25. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep