DOGSO H question

Discussion in 'Referee' started by chwmy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009

Beware zombie horses!

2. DPRoberts

DPRoberts Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    No. If the goalkeeper lets the attacker score, there will be no red card.

3. timtheref

timtheref Member

Aug 23, 2010
    If there are zombie horses, then I do indeed want baseball bats. If I have learned nothing else in my years of life, it's that zombies must be destroyed by severe blunt force trauma to the head. We know that zombies physical strength is magnified above that which is normal for a human. We can only therefore assume that a zombie horse's speed would also be magnified. Along with my baseball bat I would like a large shotgun and a whole lot of ammo. The zombiepocolypse is going to be bad enough as it is, we need to be prepared for this breed of brain eaters...

4. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't say? What if the attacker just waits it out to see if they keeper will come defend. The point is the keeper has a no win situation. They can either, as you said let them score, or almost assuredly be red carded.

5. DPRoberts

DPRoberts Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That isn't quite true, either. The keeper could legally move to
    block any potential kick of the attacker. Once the keeper is that close to the ball, the referee might decide that any goalscoring opportunity is not so obvious.

6. QuietCoach

QuietCoach Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Littleton, MA
    Exactly. The keeper can scramble to get between the ball and the goal, attempting to block the shot. Isn't that what keepers are supposed to do? Sure, his odds of success aren't as good as if he were to cheat, but if he is close enough to be first to the ball, maybe he can block the shot.

I guess the keeper could also try a "fair" shoulder to shoulder challenge, and just make sure not to win the ball until the attacker touched it. If it's not legal to shield a ball you are ineligible to touch, can you still challenge for it?

- QC

7. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009

I would imagine that since USSF says in the ATR that an otherwise legal charge beyond playing distance is a form of impeding, the same analysis would apply.