Does the MLS suffer from Ceraunophobia?

Discussion in 'NASL' started by longballer, Jul 22, 2012.

1. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Using the four hour weather delay at last night's RailHawks game to support his case, the writer of the article below seems to think MLS won't place a team in the southeast out of concern for summer storms. Maybe there are more important issues besides weather?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orm-delay-raises-questions-about-southeast-us

2. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    refuse to click. Sorry.

3. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they were, then why would they put a team in Kansas City, right in the middle of Tornado Alley?

Why would they put a team in Houston which, just prior to the Dynamo's arrival, had suffered a rash of intense hurricanes? (Remember Wilma in 2005? I know, with Katrina the same year, it's hard.)

Why would they bother with California (and the rest of the Pacific coast, for that matter) and their constant earthquake threat?

4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you. "Support his story" and "Bleacher Report" go together and I hope they have a long happy life. I just don't want them moving in next door.

The short answer: weather is, like death, inevitable. And if it's not this guy, it'll be some other part-time junior college student who extols the virtues of switching to the international calendar, as if Chicago and Foxboro are pristine oases of perfect weather in the winter.

5. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Like anyone with the desire to leave message board posts on message boards instead of on a website purveying them as news should...minus the apology.

6. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I just thought it was funny.