do pro players wear the same boots for practice and games?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Irnbru, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Irnbru

Irnbru New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    just wondering if they do. would a profesional player such as henry or lampard wear the same boots to training as to practice? or do they have a practice pair and a match pair like many people on this forum, for example.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    they tend to wear a different pair to train in (mainly moulded boots) and then they either wear a brand new pair for every game or they have a pair of boots they use for matches that get changed every few games. But players like David Beckham have a brand new pair of boots for each game.

hope that helps!

appleCORR

3. zz.db.5

zz.db.5 New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    the mountains
    I wish I had a brand new pair of white cleats for every game....... :D

4. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    OK, it's great, but what about break in period. I think it's clear that aslmost every new boot needs to be worn for at least a couple of days to be fully suitable for your feet.

5. 10totti10

10totti10 New Member

Mar 26, 2005

actually not really, not when you have a multi million dollar contract and they make the boots custom to fit your foot. becks doesn't wear the same 'off the shelf' pulse as we do :D

6. WarpedTheory

WarpedTheory New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Jacksonville, Florid
    This is probably true, but possible somehow they might have someway to break them in at least a little before every match, maybe some type of machine or something.

Sorry if it sounds stupid, but hey anything is possible :D

7. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    What about Cristiano Ronaldo, he said on an interview that he likes to naturally break in to his boot. He also said that he only has one pair of fg's to train and one pair of fg's and sg's for matches. He said he wore a boot until Nike allowed him to wear the model. This interview was in the euro 2004 so at this time he was wearing the gold vapors. He even admitted to clean his own vapors. Real cool; and homble of you Ronny!

8. jstone14

jstone14 New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Tennessee
    He's also one of the flashiest players on the field, boots and moves alike. :cool: Vapors do tend to take longer to break in. After a while, the nike skin becomes like one with your foot...its pretty sweet...If I were him, I'd be doing the same.

9. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
  10. 10totti10

10totti10 New Member

Mar 26, 2005

actually your right with your thoughts because i had my hockey skates broken in for me in a machine. u wear them and u put them in an 'oven' that helps the leather soften, the glue soften and the boot to mould to your foot. i highly doubt it tho that this happens with soccer players but i mean really, like you said, anything is possible.

11. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Almost every idiot in the world knows Ronaldihno. Even if Nike spends several thousands of $ on adjusting Vapors for his feet, this company will still get millions of profit as a result. But what about guys in outsider teams of first leagues and guys in second divisions? I don't think brands are gonna shape shoes for their feet.

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When i answered the question before. I was just giving a general view. Of course each player there own preference. But most players tend to have boots to train in and then match day boots.

Vapors are horrible to wear in but its worth it once they are broken in. My flame vapors are like that. I feels like i've got nothing on my feet when i wear them they are so comfy!

appleCORR

13. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I found this photo interesting. It's from the Real Madrid vs. Barcelona game today

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...1091711E5AD1E2276B66CCB24B43C7757C85AE85A779B

Is it just me or do those boots looked grass stained like they aren't new and have been played in before. He liked to train in FG boots so I guess he's worn them for a match before (unless he did like a last training session in them or something).

I think this is the first time I've seen a pic of Beckham when he doesn't have spotless boots on :p

14. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    No, I think they can be completely new; a wet grass can turn white in yellowish green very quickly.

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He has said in interviews before that he has a new boot for every game because it makes him feel 'special' - lol.

appleCORR

16. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Hah I wonder how many boots he has right now :) unless they don't find their way in a bin after one use.

17. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    what a gimp lol

18. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    he keeps them all, exepy for some that have gone to charity or his parents :)

19. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Actually I watched the game again and his boots are grass stained in the first 10 minutes. I'm sure he'd worn them before because they're the sort of stains that only happen when you try to wash them off, and they don't quite go.

20. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    probably just for the warm up before the game

21. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
  22. Jaspero

Jaspero New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    the whole picture looks a bit blurry though..

i wear my mixed sole shoes for the match and some FG's for practice.

if you just bought new shoes try to break em in on a clean field with a lot of grass still on it.