Do Barra Brava members still get a discount?

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by UnitedForever12, Apr 10, 2012.

1. UnitedForever12

Mar 29, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    I was at the game this past weekend and went to buy a scarf at one of the vendors in the stadium.

I showed the cashier my membership card and he told me that Barra members don't get a membership this year because we didn't sign some agreement or something (I can't remember exactly what he said as I was feeling it pretty good at that point)

He gave me the discount anyways, but I thought it was odd and wanted to know if there was any truth behind what the vendor was saying?

2. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no truth to what he said.. we get the discount.

3. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think we need to mention this issue to Oscar. I think the only Barra card we are supposed to use this season is the STH card we have been given, which gives a percentage of the sale back to the Barra supporters group. If you don't have one, please contact Oscar to get one.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the club discounts were only valid at the store, not the vendor kiosks. They don't have the codes there to send a kickback back to the clubs like the main store does.

But I don't think that often, so I might be out of practice ;)

5. UnitedForever12

Mar 29, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Stags, even though I'm not a STH and just a regular member can I still get a card that gets me a discount?

FatBastard, where is the official team store at RFK? I've never actually found it and didn't know that is the only place that the discount is supposed to work at.

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's right at the main stadium entrance @ East Capital - above (I think) sec 318. Right by the papusa stand

7. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    If Oscar still has those cards available, he will give you one.