different rules for different fools?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by bothways, Dec 27, 2012.

1. bothways

bothways Member

Jun 27, 2009
  2. COME ON REF!

COME ON REF! Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Redknapp and Mancini did their berating in the press, Sir Alex, on the pitch. I can see a big difference.

3. bothways

bothways Member

Jun 27, 2009
    i hear ya. it just seemed like saf went over the top in walking on the field and then berating the linesman. at least mancini and harry were funny about it

4. arsenal8884

arsenal8884 Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the FA does not punish SAF for his behavior yesterday they might as well scrap their Respect for referees campaign and save themselves the money.

dadman and Alberto repped this.
  5. bothways

bothways Member

Jun 27, 2009
    wasn't dean the ref who sent wenger to the stands in the last minute of a game against man utd because he kicked a water bottle in frustration towards even his own bench(and this was on instruction from his fourth official)

arsenal8884 repped this.
  6. COME ON REF!

COME ON REF! Member

Nov 23, 2012
    I have read two accounts now that say SAF and Dean had a heated but civil exchange about the rules, SAF did not agree but was a gentleman.
    Questioning what a referee ate for dinner and stating the whistle should head to the nearest eye ware kiosk are personal attacks, the FA is right to censure.
    Dean (known for taking no grief) didn't even see the need to put it in his report. Done deal.

dadman repped this.
  7. Rufusabc

Rufusabc Member+

May 27, 2004
    I will say after viewing the calls in question, SAF was wrong, but Mancini and 'Arry have legit beefs. The goal in the Sunderland match was a joke, and the handling at the end of the QPR match is unexplainable.

8. arsenal8884

arsenal8884 Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure AR1 thought the convo. was very civil.

SAF was all over them for the whole match. Dean has been around the game long enough to know that the FA doesn't really want to deal with SAF or referee abuse.

We hear the FA tells us to be respectful because how youth and adult amateurs mimic the pros and their behavior (good and not so good), yet when they have to back up their employees and the game in general they are nowhere to be found.

First Clatts now this ?!

The referee's job is to officiate the game, it is also the job of the governing bodies to govern the game!

9. arsenal8884

arsenal8884 Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

arsene_wenger_1471961c.jpg

10. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    the fourth official instructed wenger to kick the water bottle to his own bench???

11. bothways

bothways Member

Jun 27, 2009
    yes, he said to him, arsene, if you are going to kick something do it towards your own bench. but seriously, when the incident happened, it was in the last minute of the game. i am not against alex or pro arsene. based on what alex did agaisnt newcastle towards the officials, being removed from the game seemed to be the best thing to do

12. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i like that 4th official. net he could tell the coaches "coach, please walk over to your player and slap him upside the head and tell him to quit being a douche!"

I am a united fan and never miss an opportunity to laugh a rivals (within reason) but on this very board posters mention about reading the game, exercise game intelligence. there was nothing to be gained from sending wenger to the stands. play out the minute, end the game and get the hell outta there.

re: newcastle game - SAF should be on the receiving end of a touchline ban, no question in my mind. respect campaaign is synonmous with LOL with actions or lack there of like this.

13. bothways

bothways Member

Jun 27, 2009
    thank you j'can for being very reasonable and a witty man utd fan(liverpool fan here!)

arsenal8884 and J'can repped this.
  14. Nestapele

Nestapele Member

Dec 10, 2005
    MD, USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  15. grasskamper

grasskamper Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona