Die Eisernen - 1. FC Union Berlin

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Dage, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1:0 FT, win Union.

Well deserved victory, good play with the ball and even better against the ball but without enough penetration around Aue's box. Tusche with the crucial 25 meter free kick and the goal. Could've been a better match if Aue would have tried playing some footy D:

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We got the 3 points and that's what matters, keeping pace with Koln for first!

3. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is anybody watching?

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :-( I know we were missing tusche and went with two strikers for some reason, but ugh.

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good news fellows: The club extended with the manager Uwe Neuhaus until June 2016. That is a strong signal howsoever the season turns out and focussing on the slowly beginning rebuild of the squad. I like.

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh boy.. 1-3 vs Aalen at home. Union has a bad streak right now losing 3 of the last 5 matches and drawing one, not a single win the last 6 weeks. I think the club is right there under the first ten teams in 2nd Bundesliga. Im fine with that but the team needs some momentum now for the last matches this year.

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well ******** november I guess, thank god that's over as we now head into the break in a 3 or 4 team tie for third place off the heels of our back to back wins after that godforsaken month. Can't afford to have that happen again in the ruckrunde if we hope to achieve promotion come season's end.

8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's frightening how we depent on Tusche.. Nice wins last two games though and we're still in the race. Time to rest now but we just can't allow a similar crysis in spring.

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Losing Tusche for the Koln game just killed this team's momentum and put us in a funk, we had bounced back from losing to our bogeyteam Furth, but then to just get sloppily destroyed without our captain was brutal, the team managed to scrape a draw out of karlsruhe in the next match only for a first half red card to Ozbek to kill us against Lautern and at that point the team was in a genuine mini-crisis, spirits where down and the team just played poorly, highlighted by aalen handedly kicking our ass. After that and cup loss to Lautern the team started turning things around against 1860, although an 8 minute yellow and yellow-red in the second half cost us the result, the team managed to build around that and finish strong with two comfortable wins. We'll have to do better in that stretch when we hit it in the spring, but there was a lot of misfortune to things spiralling the way they did in november, but we've already done better in our rematches with Bochum and Bielefeld, with whom we started the season and only got a point off of, so I'm hopeful, especially with Quiring coming back with a bang and Dausch finally starting to settle in.

With Dresden, Dusseldorf and Frankfurt we'll have a good run in to our match with Pauli at the start of march, if the team can get on a roll there they can rack up a lot of point before the Koln-Karlsruhe-Kaiserslautern-Aalen-1860 stretch that hurt us so badly in the hinrunde.

Yeah, although I've been very heartened by what Quiring has been able to deliver since his return and what Dausch has been starting to show us since he's begun settling in. We still rely on Tusche completely and can not beat any good teams without him, but the support staff is looking really good for us to keep him fresh, and if the kids keep kicking ass with the youth team in time a Brandy-Dausch-Quiring trio with Zejnullahu, Jopek, Waseem, Skrzybski and Hollwitz backing them up could well replace the captain...eventually...

Dage repped this.
  10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So we've picked up that egyptian teenager dortmund was scouting pretty heavily, Gomaa. He comes on a 1.5 year loan with a option to buy at the end. Nother nice addition for the youth team. They're not quite there, but depending on our depth next season, they could fight there way into one of the promotion spots to league 3.

Dage repped this.
  11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #61 Dage, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Currently 2:0 against FSV, good match. Gomaa for Mattuschka late in the match and he had some good runs.

12. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Disappointed I missed it, but pleased with the result. Also very curious about this Gomaa kid. With all of the youngins coming through the youth teams getting someone to come in and fill that role of Tusche-ersatz for the future would be awesome. Would really let the club just focus on continuing to do their thing while the kids grow and they try to solidify the defense.

13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huge match tomorrow. If we can go into hamburg and hand those hippies a loss I'd feel very good about going into the hardest part of our schedule. We'd stay tied for third place while our competitors are slipping.

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #64 Dage, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Terodde! Da ist das Ding!!! 1-0 Terodde with a tap in after a good saved header from Krailach

edit: Schachten 1-1 8[

15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Still getting over that game. We handed them three golden opportunities and couldn't finish are maneuvers in their box, but Haas kept us in the match, we dominated possession as we do, and in the end almost stole the win. Was nice to see Jopek get out there and playing opposite Quiring, those two will be big for us for the next decade, that said, Brandy showed that he's still a level above and was a big part of the pressure that lead to our goal.

The dream lives, but a win before going to Furth would've been huge and now we're in a position were we could really slip if these next few weeks go badly.

16. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm still pissed. We deserved a second goal but their keeper just keep denying us and then they score on an absolute screamer with a minute to go. Just devastating. I don't even know if they team can bounce back after that even though the result isn't terrible.

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *sigh* well this year has been awesome and makes the dream of first league footy seem like a real possibility. Hopefully the youth can be more decisive for us next year.

Dage repped this.
  18. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well a poor run killed a promising year but this club have made me believe that one day I will see them play in the first division. Our second team came in third in the regionalliga with all of our kids around Hollwitz, and so are in position to go to war with BFC once again and keep them down there. The u19's held onto A league status and we face the summer with a lot to build on to make promotion ours!!! Now lets finish this season on a high since we're the coolest club in the world!

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #69 Epitome990, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    Union Berlin Lay Out 750 Sofas on Pitch for Fans to Watch 2014 World Cup Games

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have no idea how much those pictures bum me out about not being able to be there...especially since my relatives from Berlin will be visiting the states soon after the WC.

21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was there on the free stands. Was great :)

22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My uncles was there somewhere to, so jelly.

23. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Missed the match but seems like a lot of youth got run out there with skrbskbrkrskrsy and my boy jopek getting starts, with gomaa coming on as a sub. Just a draw, but a point is far from the worst way to open the new campaign.

Happy to see Darmstadt started with a dreier.

24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Worse than that defeat to Der Klub, tusche to court bus is looking official :-( I still can't believe it's actually happening, even if it's probably the right time, cause even though the skill is still there it's like watching arrango last campaign , the body just doesn't keep up with the mind and great boot. :'-(

Torsten Mattuschka,
    Du bits der bester man.
    Torsten Mattuschka,
    Du kannst was keiner kann!
    Torsten Mattuschka,
    Hau ihn rein für den Verein!

Hope he is able to finish his glorious career in style before riding off into the sunset and tusche will remain my favorite active player until he joins Netzer and Sammer in my pantheon of all time favorites.

Still so sad things fell apart in the second half of last season and we couldn't take the legend all of the way from the 4th league to the 1st.

25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Goddamn that Norbert Düwel asshole fzifkgcjg. The guy is such a self-loving son of a b****. I couldn't participiate in this thread for quite some time now because I turn totally at aw when I have to think abozt this **********.