Dexter: Season 7

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by raza_rebel, Sep 28, 2012.

1. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Depends on the bullet. Some explode internally. I'm more worried that that Dex needs to get to the crime scene and dig out the bullet before someone else does. If Dex disposes of LaGuerta people will be suspicious that this keeps happening. Quinn thought something was up with Dex and look what happened to him. Doakes too.

2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    That only works when those people wouldn't missed. Plus, this works in killing two birds with one stone while leading anyone off the scent of his trail.

It is going to be hard to explain Deb's gun being fired and killing La Guerta, when Deb and Dexter went back to the party. Cell phone GPS was introduced into the show and Deb had called police radio to locate La Guerta's location via the car GPS, how can the police not put these dots together and know who was at the scene.

Even if we weren't shown the clean up and subsequent dumping of bodies into the ocean, there is enough to reconstruct la Guerta's final moments...before she "went missing".

Totally understandable why she wasn't at the party, maybe even Dexter, but when Deb leaves and returns with Dexter, it leads to questions. It almost was a good enough series final episode. I would have been OK with it.

Now, as the real final season comes, the have to explain how it worked out for them, and we have to believe it. It's not Dex getting sloppy, rather as Harry and Dex have their last conversation, Dexter's fake life had become all too real for him. I think that even the Doaks subplot and flashbacks were simply a device to contrast old and new Dexter.

This usually runs what, 12 episodes a season?
    I am interested to see how it finishes. Any ideas how you'd write the final season?

3. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    A mattress can't prove when it was killed, as opposed to a body.

The body wound postmortem can be distinguished from live wound. Also, bullets are not always known to go straight through a body. They can turn and come out different places. Unless Dexter is the one doing the scene analysis and has access to change an autopsy report.

They probably cleaned up and dumped the bodies. But they did make it back in time for the midnight countdown, right?

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    As I mentioned earlier, I still think Dex and Deb move to Argentina to escape the heat. That's how it ends IMO. There has just been too many references to that for it to be simply a metaphor (ie. I don't think Dexter's Argentina is prison).
    But that's still 12 episodes away so I have no guesses what happens next. Good to see that it looks like Hannah will be part of next season (I'm assuming? Since her story is still a loose end)

5. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Jennifer Carpenter nailed the final scene. The Director said afterwards it wasn't scripted. This is something that to further bond them or break them apart forever. I guess Deb chose to do it so Dex wouldn't have to break his Code. I am almost positive she mouthed the words "I hate you". She hates him almost as much as she loves him.

Oh, and Hannah was the poisoner.

I don't know about you guys but I felt guilty about watching the ending after the Connecticut shootings. :oops:

6. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have noticed the constant mention of Argentina but if this show ends with a somewhat happy ending with them off somewhere, I would be disappointed. It's weird because I am sympathetic to Dexter despite what he does but I also do not want to see a happy ending for him. Mainly because I want it to be somewhat realistic. I guess I would be satisfied with him on the lam if he was outed to everyone.

7. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall I loved the season. I thought it more than made up for the previous season.

raza_rebel repped this.