Dexter: Season 7

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by raza_rebel, Sep 28, 2012.

1. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    For some reason, it is the small things in Dexter that catch my attention. More than any other shows. For example, why is Deb wearing so many stripes this season? Is that symbolic for something? And has Dex's kitchen changed? Isn't the backsplash from Home Depot? :cry:

I still pay attention to the storyline FWIW

HerthaBerwyn -- Good call on Titus Pullo being gay.

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the point. He isnt normal and doesnt know how to be so he follows cliches to try to show that he is normal.

As the previous poster said, just because something isnt a cliche, doesnt make it untrue.

As Claire said in Six Feet Under, "I wish for once people would stop being the cliches that they are." That's one of my favorite quotes from that show because it is sadly true.

3. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are will be 12.

From what I understand, seasons 7 and 8 are suppose to be one big story line as part of the end-game so we will see some of this stuff carry over. I am guessing LaGuerta's investigation most definitely will.

They already have a good chunk of season 8 written and have the series finale completed from what I have read.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Awesome episode all around.

raza_rebel repped this.
  5. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Too bad about Isaac. He was a great addition. The fearless in the face of death, but afraid in the face of love bit was nice. Not as great as the previous episode, but good nonetheless.

I know these are on different levels but Deb secret out in the open doesn't control her anymore. I don't think Dex would feel free about his secret being out there.

Sneak peak for the next episode! :D

6. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I've been on other Dexter forums and a lot of people are unhappy with Issak being killed. I don't think there has been a bad episode yet. Some great ones but not bad ones.

Now there are no main villains. Speltzer is gone. George, the strip club manager, isn't interesting enough. The pyromaniac guy is going to be a minor character like Speltzer. There needs to be a hell of a spin now.

Also, people aren't happy with the way Isaak goes out. All of a sudden he needs help from Dexter? Just sayin'. Someone of Dexter's equal now is gone.

Also, where is Astor and Cody?

EDIT -- Quinn may have kicked George's ass but he didn't think that far ahead as usual. Wonder what happens there? :rolleyes:

7. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This series has been a bit flat imo. I reckon Hannah will end up being remembered as the seasons baddy (I doubt she's back for series 8), but there's been no great nemesis.

8. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Season 4 with Trinity has been the high mark IMHO. That was due primarily to Trinity. The Ice Cream Truck Killer was #2 but has replaced by Isaak Sirko. Sirko was cold and calculating. He was smart and motivated. He was capable in the way Trinity wasn't. And he was human. He went after Dexter for love/revenge.

Doakes was a good guy who caught onto Dex. Nothing more. I miss him.

The season with Lumen (season 5) was disappointing and just odd. Last season was gearing up to be a good one until people realized the twist around DDK halfway through the season. Then it deflated.

9. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is one of the best seasons since season 4 and it may even top that depending on how it ends. I have to figure that there is something big coming in the finale because this season and the next are suppose to be like one big season. I dont think there has been a bad season of this show. Best show on TV IMO.

I hope they keep Hannah around until the end. While I dont think Dexter is going to get a happy ending, I think it would be nice for him to have someone make him human until the end comes. Plus, she is stunning to look at.

raza_rebel repped this.
  10. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I agree with you regarding a big twist in the last 3 episodes. The more I think about it, the more I don't like how they killed Isaak off. He was every bit an equal to Dex and even more so. He was driven, cold, capable, logical and smart. Dex was feeding his dark passenger, staving off the beast. Isaak was driven by revenge/love. That made him more compassionate. Now after Isaak is dead, who is Dex's equal? I can see the pyro burning Hannah's house with Hannah in it. The last 3 episodes will make/break what has been a great season.

I also made a hash of my explanation. This season has been great. Even the slower episodes didn't have a bad step. Some story-lines this season have been slower than others (LaGuerta's investigation), some seem to meander without reason (Batista retiring and Quinn being a train wreck). But overall, this season has been a credit to the writers. IMHO, the last two seasons were not up to snuff. Maybe because people figured out the DDK early and it was a letdown or he wasn't compelling enough. Season 5 with Lumen I could never buy into.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Ridiculous to kill off Isaac so soon after he joined forces with Dexter. The season hit a low point 25 minutes after hitting a high point. Weak. Especially when combining Isaac's death with his colleague's. A strong cornerstone of the brotherhood gets wiped away by a shackled 100-pound woman and some low-level muppet who can't even get the best of Quinn.

12. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Ummm..... guys.... Doakes is in the season 7 finale!!! :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm045...

I know that it will be a flashback or dream sequence of some sort. But still

13. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that guy wouldnt have shot Isaac, Dexter would have probably killed him anyway. I enjoyed the character but we are moving into the end game and it is going to be all about Dexter getting caught or close.

14. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Dex a lot of blood to clean up on his boat.

15. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    [​IMG]

Isaac was going to leave after he was done with the two assassins after him and freed Hannah. He was one of the best villains of the series (the 2nd one in my opinion, just after Trinity). He has such a presence about him and a compelling character. I will miss him, he was a great addition to the show.

I don't know what they are going to do now for the last 3 episodes. The writers can move the LaGuerta/Matthews storyline I guess. It will seem odd to have the LaGuerta storyline around for bits and pieces for this season and then devote a few episodes to this bringing this to full steam.

George is small time and won't last half of an episode with Dex on him. Dex will make short work of him.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I liked it, but as others have said, not at much as the last one. The pyro guy is just too obvious.

17. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I like it. There's a lot to process. The LaGuerta/Matthews storyline is set to go into season 8. The Deb/Dex/Hannah love triangle is going to be very interesting.

I'm typing from my mobile, so I will make this quick:
    - I don't know how I feel about Dexter being free from the code,untethered and free to do anything. The Code have given him a sense of right and wrong, and more importantly, a step ahead of everyone.
    - When Dexter talked about killing Hannah's father, she said."I can't do that." Not WE. An important distinction since she gets off on that kind of stuff.
    -When Dex said "He won’t be bothering you again" and exchanged I love you's, it was ambiguous. Did Hannah know her father was killed or would never see her again.

18. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am really liking how they are setting up the final season. It looks like it is going to be intense from here on out. I think Dexter thinking he is free from his rules might be the thing that does him in. I cant see this going any other way than Dexter going down or possible dying.

raza_rebel repped this.
  19. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile

Yeah. Dexter is starting to do himself in. The past few seasons has shown how Dexter can get sloppy without The Code. Oscar Prado comes to mind. That photographer guy,. And the first guy who Dex killed after Rita's death. He was a douche but that wasn't much of a reason.

Sneak Peeks and Previews below:

20. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Swamped at work but will throw a few things out there
    1. Spank Bank - best line. I missed Masuka!
    2. Is this the end of The Code and The Dark Passenger. In the words of Miss Elizabeth "The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules." I thought the writing was kinda weak. Let me boil it down. "I have a dark passenger" "No you don't" "OK".
    3. OK. I thought Quinn would die by now. Is Quinn out of the woods? Batista saw right through it
    4. Matthews/LaGuerta is going to be interesting. Very interesting. Is Matthews going to expose or protect Dexter. Either way, Laguerta will be on the short end of the stick.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Good stuff. I like where this is going. Hannah will be killed by Dexter.

22. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I see that too. I thought that maybe Deb would kill Hannah but Deb is too much of a cop and her own person to do that. Take Hannah to jail? Yes. Set Dex up to kill Hannah? Hard to see that angle too. It would be a real change of character for her to do something like that. Either way, Hannah is really manipulative. She has her damsel in distress routine down pat and as noted earlier in the season, is a good liar. She has gotten other people to kill for her.

On a side note: Dex is pretty whipped. Dex has chosen some blonde girl who he has known for only a short time over his sister who he has known since the age of 4.

23. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Bump.

Anyone have any ideas or theories on the next episode?

24. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile

LaGuerta is so on top of this that Dexter has no way out. TBH , I didn't consider that LaGuerta was setting Dexter up until Estrada mentioned her in his release.

Hannah (Dex should have killed her) knows who he really is. She is going to sing like a canary. Estrada and the Phantom Arsonist know who he is. It isn't going to take long for Miami Metro to find out who he is. I like how all the story-lines came together at the last 15 minutes.

This finale is either gonna be amazing or horrible. I cannot see Dexter killing LaGuerta, he doesn't fit the code. If anyone is gonna kill her, it may be Debra to defend her brother. That would be a twist.

But if Doakes is still alive (how I don't know) this will have turned into soap opera idiocy. Has to be a flashback.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Wow, can't believe how easily LaGuerta tricked Dexter. And yeah, Hannah can easily testify. Plus where's Estrada?