Detroit City FC

Discussion in 'Detroit' started by stos313, Feb 1, 2012.

1. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some friends and i are planning being at the home opener for sure... it should be a good time... lookign forward to it.

2. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with Detroit Tiger tickets on sale tommorrow, I did the cross-match of schedules: May 25 gives the chance to see both teams (across the street from each other): Tigers (v) Minnesota at 4:00; Detroit City (v) Zanesville at 7:30.

...and if you want to make that a triple-header, you have Michigan Bucks (v) River City Rovers at 12:00 at the Canton Cup.

...and oh, yeah... that is also the date of the Uefa Champions League final. (A quadruple-header???? My bones are getting a little too old for that.)

3. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the CL final is that day, you'll likely have to decide between that and the Tigers game...or head to Harry's and have them put both on!

4. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the FC Sparta Michigan schedule page, the Great Lakes divisional playoffs will be in Detroit: http://fcspartamichigan.com/?page_id=77

July 12 Great Lakes Semis 5pm & 7pm @ Detroit Cass Tech
    July 14 Great Lakes Finals 4pm @ Detroit Cass Tech

5. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. John Mathius Smith III

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    this is wrong i do not know why they did not give it to detroit

7. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Detroit City has scheduled its two exhibitions: http://www.detcityfc.com/dcfc-schedule

June 18, 2013*; DETROIT CITY FC [v] COLUMBUS CREW SUPER 20s; 7:30 pm

July 17, 2013*; DETROIT CITY FC [v] WINDSOR STARS; 7:30 pm
    Speaking of the Windsor Stars, not sure what league they will end up in, as they have left the Canadian Soccer League: http://canadiansoccerleague.com/newsnet/templates/?a=693&z=5
    "Windsor Stars are considering senior amateur options in Ontario and Michigan." (Note it says "amateur" while the CSL is a pro league. Will the Stars restructure themselves as an ameteur team?) The CSL lost five teams due to the messy (very messy) restructuring of developmental soccer in Canada. (At least the Canadians qualified for the U-17 World Cup; the US can't say that.)

8. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can Windsor join the NPSL?

9. John Mathius Smith III

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    can detroit join nasl please

10. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The RI Reds placed fourth in their NPSL division, so they obviously didn't get one of the league's slots. However, I heard the reason they were in the amateur play-in for the USOC was they are sending a reserve team to some regional tournament. The finalists for their 8-team bracket with mostly tier five teams qualify for the USOC and the winner goes on to some sort of national amateur tournament. Sadly, their first game was a month before the season and they looked out of shape, thus were beaten by a Mass state league select team of college soccer players.

I don't know all the specifics, but its something Detroit City may want to look into for next year.

11. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The HELL you say!

13. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, maybe I am but I don't know it yet. After all, I did misspell "Just" in my post.

14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is such a great time... i went to 1 game this year, and my schedule keeps me from getting to additional games... but its great to see this in Detroit... i follow the games on twitter and facebook... they organization puts on a great game day experience... right downtown is what makes it Detroit.. the architecture (good and the decaying) the tight field, the boisterous supporters section, the knowledgeable fans.... if you havent been to a game... get to 1... you will think you are watching a small city club in England... Kudos to the owners, the supporters and everyone involved with DCFC

16. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a different opinion on the supporters section. Very annoying; leaves me with a headache every game. I would not recommend going to any game, especially for families.

17. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.npsl.info/home/731039.html

THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

MIDWEST REGION

Format: Hybrid of Conference Final Four then Region Championship Game

- Great Lakes Conference Final Four at Top Seed July 12th Semifinals & July 14th Finals

- Central Conference Champion (Regular Season Champ) Hosts Great Lakes Conference Champion in Region Final (Region alternates every year which conference hosts) on July 19th or July 20th

18. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whats wrong with the supporters section? some of their chants are off color.... but so be it... so if you didnt have a family with you, you still wouldnt recommend going??

RedRover repped this.
  19. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Nice to see the local media picking up interest in the success of Detroit City FC, both on and off the pitch. Building blocks towards MLS indeed.

20. IowaClone

IowaClone Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Kc, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Supporters section gets their shit together and starts stumping for a team it will happen, just look at what the sons of ben did in Philly. I just dropped by to say i saw a pic of your supporters section and was surprised by the class kits and scarfs your Front office is selling Just keep showing passion for soccer and maybe something will happen, especially with 4 more teams joining MLS by 2022.

21. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10 things to know about visiting Detroit
    By Aaron Foley, Special to CNN
    updated 1:22 PM EST, Fri November 8, 2013
    Part of complete coverage on Parts Unknown
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/travel/detroit-travel-10-things/

part of the "Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown" program on CNN

"But 700,000 people still make their home here. There are square miles of the city that are empty, yes. But the rest of Detroit still has to live somewhere. And where they're living, they're really living. They're operating barber shops and beauty salons, they're working to build Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant, they're going to see the Detroit City Football Club soccer team play at Cass Technical High School."

Or, ya' know, you can always go Fowling.

22. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    December 02, 2013 2:32 PM

Detroit City FC website back up after Cyber Monday crash by ticket-seeking fans

By Bill Shea

The Detroit City Football Club LLC was a victim of its own popularity on Cyber Monday.

The semi-pro soccer team made its 2014 season tickets available for sale today, and the club’s website, DetroitCityFC.com, crashed.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...te-back-up-after-cyber-monday-crash-by-ticket