Designed in the Dark- The Chelsea Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    300 just in football. I have about another 150 in baseball, 75 in NFL and 50 hockey. I have a problem. I have about 1/4 of my collection in my closet, the rest are in bins in the basement.

I have become pretty adept at finding authentics on the cheap. There are ways, you just have be anal and diligent in your "work". I can spot a fake a mile away without a problem.

My favorites are:
    Footie: My first Chelsea shirt, circa 2000 Zola.

MLB: David Bell, Phillies CBP inaugural patch

NFL: Donovan McNabb rookie year authentic. It started my jersey collection as it was the first authentic jersey I ever owned. I bought it before the season started his rookie year as I had Eagles season tickets (with KDB).

NHL: Crosby rookie shirt...I have every version of every jersey he ever wore in the NHL (including one with the A which he only wore for about 1/2 season.)

Most expensive?
    Probable my Mitchell and Ness Clemente or my Ebbets Field Flannel "The Natural" Roy Hobbs New York Knights jersey. Each run around $300. I have a few game used jerseys but they are less players and therefore don't cost as much.

3. GianfrancoZolaJesus

Oct 26, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow, if my memory serves me correctly, that would mean that you bought that jersey the year after he hit under the Mendoza line, and couldn't stay healthy. You are probably the only person other than the man himself, to have that jersey.

4. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not to go too far off topic but I thought he was SOOOOOOO underrated in his 2004 season. Did he have a rough 2003? Absolutely but his 2001 and 2002 season with the Giants were pretty good. The guy played great defense, always gave all and was balls out. Plus I was in attendance when he hit the first cycle in CBP.

5. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  6. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I hope this isn't real

7. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    came from one of my erroneous twitter sources...

8. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so question for everyone, will the club now be incorporating a star above the crest? i saw the shirts are available with them, but is that a limited time only thing? anyone have any info on this?

9. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    if we are playing in the CL we get to have a *

10. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, we'll wear a different patch next season - a blue one that says Champions 2012 instead of the black and white one, but that's the only accommodation given by UEFA until you've won either 3 in a row or 5 in total. At that stage you get an additional blue patch featuring the number of wins (this goes above the 'respect' patch on the left arm). This rule came in to replace the rule of keeping the trophy after 3 in a row or 5 in total, which is BS because clearly keeping the trophy is a much, much bigger deal. You don't even get to keep your World Cup trophy after three wins any more. IN FACT, you don't even get to have the real European Cup trophy at all, UEFA keep that at all times and the club gets a replica to display.

For example, Bayern wear that additional blue patch with a 4 on it, but if they hadn't won 3 in a row they would have no extra patch until winning for a 5th time.

As for the star, I hope we have it embroidered in all our kits. I don't think we will though.

Finally, I saw this kit a couple of days ago on the talkchelsea.net forum. It was posted by a guy who is supposedly on the inside with these things. I think it's disgusting.

11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so the star would only be on our CL kits?

looks like i'm ordering one just to be on the safe side. if anyone hears anything definitive on this (as far as is permanency on our kit) let us know please.

12. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    Not 100% sure, but the chance of having a star on our BPL kit is slim to none. They'll only appear on our CL kits. Most stars you see on kits of european teams represent an x-amount of time they won the league.
    Haven't seen them in any league other than the German, Dutch and Italian.

13. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    that makes sense, cheers.

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why didn't we wear our new kit for the last match of the league or the FA Cup or the CL final?

15. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We did.

[​IMG]

Cris 09 repped this.
  16. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    but that was the last league game?

17. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  18. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    but that wasn't his question?

19. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    I think it was.

20. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    he totally ninja'd "league" in there

Yaroni repped this.
  21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we can move on...:D

Yaroni repped this.
  22. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    sneaky, sneaky cris ;)

Cris 09 repped this.
  23. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure it has been discussed over and over, but I am lazy, best places people go for their jerseys? I am looking for as many as possible, I am picky, and usually cheap, but my birthday is sorta coming soon, as is my anniversary

24. Maurice Dollars

Maurice Dollars ¡Arriba Perú, carajo!

Jan 11, 2011
    Lima, Perú
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Kitbag

25. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I always buy from the Chelsea Online Megastore - the money goes back to the club.