Designed in the Dark- The Chelsea Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never advocate buying knock offs as it hurts the club, but seriously, if you're looking for pre-owned, have you tried eBay?

I really, really hope you don't buy a knock off though (pet peeve).

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    you mean that Chelsea top I brought in Chinatown along with ten Coach purses for my wife wasnt real

damn it man.

3. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would definitely try eBay. Also, the prior year's shirts go on sale when the new shirts come out. So keep an eye on that throughout the summer.

My girlfriend got me a knock-off Lampard jersey on the streets of Italy for a few Euros. Never worn it because the quality is shit. I just have it hanging in my room.

4. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    2011/12 away is currently £30 on the megastore and the third shirt is £25. Didn't look at the home as I already have it.

5. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't even buy the jerseys from the Adidas shops, I buy direct from the Chelsea Megastore website, at least I know some of my money goes to the club I support!

6. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    The new kits look mint

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do not buy a Chinese fake. They look terrible and they look fake. I am equally disgusted and laugh when I see people wearing a knockoff anything.

Just keep checking the web. Around Christmas I picked up all three of last years Chelsea shirts and a Cech for 8GBP each.

8. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope we have a black away kit with silver stripes, would look pretty nice.

Liking the gold on the home shirts but prefer this seasons atm

9. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gotta say though, i do buy knock offs to wear during pick-up games. Not wearing a $80 jersey to play at the park.

10. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    8 pounds each. They must have been fake man. That is not realistically possible lol.

11. Maurice Dollars

Maurice Dollars ¡Arriba Perú, carajo!

Jan 11, 2011
    Lima, Perú
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    The best deal I ever got was a home 2010-11 jersey with Drogba 11 and Gold PL patches for $57 during the summer of 2010. Kitbag! I think they had free printing and badges and some sort of discount on the jersey. I think I paid $10 for shipping, but $67 wasn't bad at all.

The new jersey looks smart.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kitbag doesn't deal in fakes.

13. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    sure it is.

he said he bought the previous season's jersey. on sale during christmas. 8 pounds is certainly possible.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Absolutely. I hate shirts changing every year but the upside is that by Jan every year the previous years kits are drastically reduced because retailers know in a few months all the current shirts will be out of date already.

I never understand people paying $100+ now for next year's shirt. Wait a year and you'll get it for nothing.

15. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    That's if they still have your size in stock, but it's certainly worthwhile to wait till about spring if you wear sizes M and up.

16. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So, you're saying I'd be able to buy the 12-13 shirts at say, this time next year or early in 2013, for a really cheap price, with all authentic numbering and lettering and patches in size small or medium? No chance in hell. I can't believe that for a second. Even if I do find them in small or medium they'd still be AT LEAST $70-$80.

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Believe what you want. I've been around a lot longer then you and have a massive (300+) jersey collection. I know what I am talking about. This time next year you can get the CURRENT shirt cheap. Big retailers need to get rid of their stock.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's going to ask you to produce a receipt next :p

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Already started searching my gmail for it.

20. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    dude. all he said was that he got the previous season's shirts and a cech for cheap.

you're making the assumption that it was with authentic name/number, patches, and in small sizes.

i can believe he got a cech for that cheap though. how many people buy gk jerseys anyways?

and i've bought prior season's kits with authentic name/number (i don't do patches) in medium for $40-50ish.

21. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hmm, so can you possibly help me find last season's third shirt (the macaw green one) in small? I don't know. I'm just very skeptical and what you're saying sounds too good to be true lol.

22. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What I'm saying? Think you have me confused with someone else kid.

23. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry. That was meant for Eddie26.

24. scabdirisaq

scabdirisaq Member

Jun 24, 2007
    BK Park
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Somalia
    wow eddie, 300+ jersey collection? Awesome with a capital A! which jersey is your most favorite and which one is worth the most.. (value today)

25. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If it's not Graphite & Tangerine i'm outta here.

[​IMG]