Designed in the Dark- The Chelsea Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Sep 8, 2011.

1. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure about this kit looks horrible to me at the moment, i usuallu warm up to our kits though. I love the current one but have ever since it got leaked

Really wish our sponsor was Samsung mobile again though as Samsung on its own is something i dont like, they need a better logo

2. scottwildcat

scottwildcat Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  3. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  4. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the first one looks more realistic....

5. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it does but they both look terrible :( especially after this seasons one which I for one think is very nice

6. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like it. I'd like it much, much more if we were likely to actually win anything this season to justify gold.

7. Ted Lyons

Ted Lyons Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Tucson, Arizona
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dig both of them and, for all the talk about the weird underwear feature on the blue and silver shirt, it's probably not a feature on the version fans will be buying.

8. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey guys,

So I bought last year's shirt (from soccer.com if I recall) and the numbers/letters were felt.

I bought two shirts this year (from kitbag.com) and the numbers/letters are screen-printed.

Is kitbag.com legit? I always thought they were. Did Adidas just switch away from felt numbering and lettering for some reason? Or did I get screwed because I bought it from kitbag and not chelseamegastoreusa.com or something?

For those of you that bought this year's shirt, what numbering and lettering does your shirt have?

Thanks,
    Tony

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It probably means the jerseys is official, but they do the printing in-house to make it more affordable.

10. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hmm okay. But does that mean that the "really official" ones have felt numbering and lettering?

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not so sure....I just think they got a standard machine to print all names and numbers, regardless of NT team or league's specifics. The jersey is probably straight from Adidas but they are simply offering their clients a customized job by addidng numbers and names on their purchases.

Hope this makes sense.

12. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    I bought this years kit from the chelseamegastore and they both were definitely not felt numbering and lettering.

13. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for your response Miguel. Oh, really? So they were that plastic-like, screen-printed type right?

14. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    Exactly. I've got three kits from the cfcmegastore and they all are screen-printed. Never paid full retail for the kits with lettering and numbering. Might be they're using different lettering if you pay full retail.

I believe Mshank got a kit at the start of the season. Don't know if the lettering on his are felt or not.

15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    just bought a current home jersey from the megastore AT the stadium. got a pre-printed lampard that was the plasticy numbering, though it is the same feeling as the samsung on the front.

also, i beleive my suspiscions of differences between US bound jerseys and europe jerseys have been confirmed. the sleeves on US jerseys are super big, because we're all fat, whereas the sleevs and overall body of european sizes are slimmer. same with some shorts i've found as well. i don't know if anyone else ever wondering or noticed this. but as someonet that is rather particular about how his clothes fit, it impossible not to notice. however, i don't think this applies to LS jerseys.

16. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Buy from onionbag in the future. They have the official felt numbers and letters and are quick to ship. I've bought a few jerseys and shorts over the years from them and have no complaints. http://www.onionbag.com/chelsea-jerseys-145.aspx

17. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gf bought me an away lamps jersey and its definitely the print/plasticy material. Honestly, never had a jersey with felt on it besides the championship badge on the shoulder.

18. TKTheKid

TKTheKid New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for your responses guys. So I see you all got plastic letters/numbers too then.

352klr, have you bought a Chelsea shirt for this season from Onion Bag yet? I'd be very interested to know if that one has felt or plastic letters/numbers.

I'm just really disappointed because my Drogba shirt from last season (10-11) has felt numbers/letters as well as my brother's Man United ones from 09-10, 10-11 and 11-12.

19. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    I haven't bought this season's from them. I bought Frank's 10/11 Home shirt in July from them and the 09/10 Away in Mikel a year ago and they were both felt for numbers and lettering. The plus about onion bag is you can still get an 04/5 Jarosik shirt done by them. They were very hard to come by that year, even more so now.

Any Chelsea shirt you order from them will be felt, although you can always phone them with your order just to have confirmation beyond what they put on their site. I'm off the market this year as I'm not a fan of any of the current three so I just bought a home 95/7. Double-bonus as Coors is on the front. Still trying to hunt down a copy of the elusive tangerine and graphite kit that fits my gut from drinking too much of said Coors.

20. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Screen printed right before my eyes.

There are different sorts, including Lextra which I believe is what is on the match shirts. The player issue ones also use a bigger size of letter and number.

21. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That link doesn't seem to be working, so...

[​IMG]

24. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yeah it's alright. kind of think gold should only be used when we're champions or something though.

[​IMG]

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it is silver... ;)