Der Club!! - 1. FC Nürnberg (FCN) 2011/2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously. Another ludicrous red card? That is a yellow. It is not a straight red.

Also, Ibisevic fouls Wollscheid on first goal. Elbow into the neck. Hoffenheim plays on with man down and ref calls nothing. Awesome.

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hecking for now still has his job. Board member Martin Bader had a long chat with the players and coaches on Sunday as Der Club is figuring out ways to get out of this horrendous run of late taking only 5 out of 30 points and losing 2 out of the last 3 home games which has seen them drop from 9th to 16th place. There is speculation that Der Club is going after left winger/striker Adam Hlousek from Slavia Prague, who has played with Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga. Although Hecking like many other coaches is not to fond of the winter transfer window at this point unless he is able to right the ship he'll be gone soon and it may be too late for 1FCN to avoid relegation. Also on a different note Tim Chandler received a two game suspension for the red card on Saturday.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hecking: Firing him would be a mistake in my opinion. FCN's problem isn't lack of good coaching. It is a simple lack of quality on the roster period. As the politicians here are sometimes fond of saying, "You can put lipstick on pig. It's still a pig." ;)

Hlousek: Hlousek is actually a pretty decent player. He could help.

4. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Firing Hecking would be foolish. This team has played a lot better than their position in the table. Mainly an unbelievable amount of terrible referree breaks has costed us 5-6 points. If those don't happen we're on 20 points, having no crisis and headed towards a mid table / lower mid table finish that our team is about at.

We definitely have a roster issue at striker and creative mid. We just cannot score goals. The jig is up for Pekhart. He is bad. He cannot finish and brings very little else to the table as the slow, lumbering #10. The best transfer we could make in the winter is finding a striker to loan from one of the bigger clubs who would rather see him get play time at us than on their II team. A creative midfielder would also be nice, but striker more important. We have no depth there and our current starter is garbage.

Hecking will turn it around. I think there's 3 teams worse than us in the league.

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As far as creative midfield goes, I was dead serious when I suggested that Bader should call Michael Zorc and ask about getting Ilkay Gündogan back on loan for the rest of the season.

Gündogan will get more match practice at FCN than he will riding the bench in the second half of the season for BVB.

As far as striker goes, I really don't know where FCN can go there. They could ask Bayern for Nils Petersen on loan, but I don't think Bayern will do that.

Julian Schieber has only played in two matches for Stuttgart. Maybe ask for him back on loan??? :eek:

I think he can, I don't know that he will.

He needs more quality on the roster. Plain and simple.

Really? Who are they?

Looking at each club's roster, the only one I would rate below FCN's in terms of quality is FC Augsburg.

And even they have two strikers better than any striker on FCN's roster.

FCK is close, but they have more players with more "upside" than FCN does.

Of course, we know that football is a game decided not only by quality, but also by spirit and effort.

I believe this is FCN's chance.

But they have to get Hecking some more quality for that roster. They just have to.

6. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gundogan and Petersen would be amazing. Maybe Petersen is not too far fetched. Unless Bayern suffers a string of injuries (definitely possible with their roster) then he's going to be on the Bayern II side 90% of time. He'd be an instant Bundesliga starter for us.

Much more likely than Schieber (tho I would kill to get him back). Stuttgart's Cacau and Pogrebniak have been really out of form. I think main reason Schieber has not gotten much playing time is just injuries. He got the start against Bayern last week since he's finally healthy. I don't think they will risk loaning him out when they rate him quite highly.

7. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Watching the game last Saturday costed me my nervs completely.
    Of course the referee had not his best day and -as ever- in doubt against the FCN.
    But from the team came nothing ! I think they are too young to notice what happens. They are all down on the ground, bloodempty (?) and without a soul. No fighting spirit and they also unlearned to play soccer.
    Also I can´t understand Dieter Hecking always playing with Eigler, Hegeler... Where are Wiesmeier and Mak ?
    They urgently need succes - anyhow - !
    I hope they can win the derby against Fürth but this will mean really hard work. If they play it like they did in kind of the last weeks I fear I will see (being in the stadium for the first time) a painful defeat. :mad:

But I have also some good news: The CLUB will act in the winter.
    Stoppelkamp from Hannover, Adam Hlousek (Kaiserslautern), H. Kiyotake (Japanese National team - watch him at youtube!) and also Breno from FC Bayern are discussed.
    Hlousek in my mind will not help. He wasn´t able to gain acceptance at Kaiserslautern but Stoppelkamp (midfieldplayer instead of Feulner) is not so bad. Kiyotake is a grenade !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Breno I fear we will not get him because also Hertha BSC is interested in and we do not have the best cards because Heynckes does not like the CLUB. Also a loan makes only sense if the Bavarians will extend his contract first. We will see - and let us all hope the best !
    Today by all means we are playing the worse soccer in the league :(
    I don´t really know what is my wish for the coming game against Leverkusen. Of course I will be pleased by getting 3 lucky or dirty points there (but I don´t think that it will come true), maybe it needs another really bad game and defeat to wake up the sleeping Nürnberg.

Everyone of you true fans of "MY CLUB" I wish peaceful time in Advent.

;)

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the updates.

I hope we can sign someone who can finish their breakfast.

9. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW!!!

Team needed to get a win today and crushed Bayer 04 3-0. Great goals all around, Didavi, Hegeler, and Pekhart.

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really impressive away win! :eek: :) Kudos.

Fürth won 5:0 against Union Berlin, Nuremberg 3:0 in Leverkusen ... so it's hopefully gonna be a very exciting Cup derby next Tuesday. ;)

12. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Great win today as for one day at least Der Club is out of relegation zone in 15th place with 18 points, three ahead of Kaiserslautern who play tomorrow.

Here is the match report:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=320896&cc=5901

Here are the video highlights: Enjoy!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsdIpzbUiOc"]Bayer Leverkusen - Nürnberg [0:3] Alle Tore & Highlights - Leverkusen 0-3 Nurnberg - 17/12/2011 - YouTube[/ame]

13. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Y E S ! They made it ! :D

Please Mr. Hecking give them more of theese drugs you must have given them today or yesterday or whenever.
    A completely changed team. Running, fighting and successful !
    All together playing, helping each other, not a playful highlight but a real team-work and the best game this season.
    I want to see more of this Feulners, Hegelers, Cohens, Pekhardts, Didavis..... !

During the game of Fürth on Friday every hope of a viktory on Tuesday was gone.
    Today they gave the right answer and my hope came back.
    I really look foreward to the derby. Greetings to Fürth :cool:

WE ARE "DER CLUB" :)

14. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Thank you Pichi - I do !!

:)

15. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D Wow, never expected this! I was just hoping for a draw.

Eigler's ball to Didavi was sublime. So was the finish. Hegeler's "volley" off the corner was also a great bit of skill. And Pekhart finally managed a goal despite missing several other chances in the match. Plattenhart delivers amazing dead balls. No coincidence two of our goals came off corners he crossed. Kind of funny that two goals came from Leverkusen players on loan. We're like the feeder team for Bayer. Didavi/Hegeler on loan and Wollscheid headed there at end of year. But today we stuck it to them!

Our pressing midfield really got to Leverkusen. Cohen ran his socks off. So did the entire midfield. Leverkusen looked so lethargic and slow on the ball. Many wayward passes from them. Defense was very organized. Feulner looked like a natural RB. Was kind of surprising Leverkusen sent everything down our left using Schurrle to get at Plattenhart/Eigler. This worked pretty well for them, but Feulner proved such a rock at stopping Sam that they gave up on that side.

Schafer had some nice saves. Really glad to have him permanently back. We needed a win so bad! Now, maybe we can really get an amazing send off into the winter break if we can knock out Furth in the Cup. Looking forward to one of the oldest and most classic derbies!

DER CLUB! :D

16. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big game tomorrow between two teams whose stadiums are separated by ca. 14 km.

[​IMG]

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll need to find a stream for that game. Should be pretty intense, and one of my friends is heading to the game.

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    I can´t eat anything, can´t work - I´m so nervous !

But I will go there tomorrow and will support, support, support

WIR SIND DER CLUB !!

:)

20. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    It is the most traditional derby in the league.

The 254th.

I hope we all will enjoy it.

:cool:

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is awesome!!! I love when that happens ;)

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not know that. Pretty crazy amount of derbies.

23. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I lived in Fürth from 1989-1991. That was back when I was a young soldier.

Of course, that was before "SpVgg Greuther Fürth" existed in its current form.

The Fürth club was still "SpVgg Fürth" and I would practice with some of their players from time to time.

25. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    in the 20th in the German National Team were only players of Nürnberg and Fürth !!!!
    They went to a friendship game to Amsterdam by train.
    The Nürnberg players were in the first waggon, the Fürth players in the last one :D (or vice versa).
    Riding home in the same way.

Between they won the game :confused:

Sometimes humans are really strange.

I still look foreward to the game this evening and I hope of course of a victory of THE CLUB. But I also hope of peaceful fans of both clubs.

Wir sind der Club :)