Der Club!! - 1. FC Nürnberg (FCN) 2011/2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And raising the club's debt more could make it difficult to get a condition-free playing license for next season.

I think you'd rather be in the 2. Liga with managable debt than in the Regionalliga because the club is unable to get a license.

It isn't like there are just a certain few players who can help FCN.

If you get the right player at the right time, it could be a difference.

I remember the spark Cohen gave the club last season. Not a "name", but a hard-working player whose attitude lifted the rest.

I thought Feulner might do that for FCN this season. He still might.

But if they need to get someone for help, they'd be smart to look for a loaned player from another 1. Liga club or buying a pretty good 2. Liga player.

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  3. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disclaimer:posted at 58 min mark. Still finishing replay

- Esswein: he is great. Several awesome runs burning his man and getting into the box. Nice set up for first goal. Has turned into a very smart purchase already
    - Chandler: his crossing is improving. He has a left foot now. Has better diversity of moves to get past his man. One of our best players now.
    - Wollscheid: distribution was off today. Bad touches, wayward passes, out of position sometimes on defense. Not a very strong day for his high standards
    - The Freiburg first half goal: Felt like a given at this point, right? Any time we take a lead, especially at home, I expect an equalizer shortly after. A complete bungling of a tor. Rosenthal misses the ball and it hits his face and bounces over Schafer who is coming out(for some reason). Just that kind of year I guess.
    - Pekhart: I just don't know about him. All he can do is play the big target man but when he misses that GOLDEN chance in the first half, he doesn't justify his place for me. Esswein is not a crosser so the only crosses we get are really from Chandler, occasionally Pinola and free kicks. Dead balls we can bring up Klose and Wollscheid anyways. Eigler is not great but he brings something different. Too bad we don't have Schieber this year. He'd be perfect. Maybe Stuttgart will consider a january loan? Not like he gets any playing time there

4. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Resigned to our fate when we again lose out on a questionable call. Esswein's deflected shot is going in whether Pekhart is there or not. Baumann saw the ball, went the wrong way and is done. It certainly could be called and was, but Pekhart had no impact on line of sight and it was going in regardless. Sigh. Just can't catch any breaks this season. I'll be happy with avoiding relegation, which is the goal every year. This one we seem a bit cursed.

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Another ugly defeat 4-0 to Schalke as Der Club continues their slide to the relegation zone of the table, they are now in 15th place and if Hamburg win tomorrow they will be in 16th place! Der Club has not won a Bundesliga match since 11 September netting only 3 out of a possible 24 points. Der Club is at home next week against Kaiserslautern.

Here is the match review:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=320932&league=GER.1&cc=5901

6. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played ok in first half. Schalke mostly let us control chances and possession, but we stunk on the break defensively all game and they burned us constantly with it. Klose did not have a good match and after last week's Freiburg blunder you have to wonder if Maroh would be a better option.

Didavi had a lot of endeavor but has no idea how to create or do much in the final third. He took a lot of dumb outside shots and squandered possession. Esswein is not a natural striker and certainly not a lone striker. He's a great winger tho! We just have no decent strikers right now and no good central playmakers. Real tough to get goals. And our defense is leakier than it was earlier in season. Big match at home to Kaiserslautern next week.

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First day of the "Pokal-Frankenderby" ticket purchase for non season ticket holders and non club members ... and all remaining tix had been already sold out just a few minutes after the ticket shops in the region opened this morning. No chance to get one ... but well, there might be another opportunity to attend even 2 Frankenderbies in spring 2012 (at least it seems so at the moment). ;)

8. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh, Wollscheid sold to Leverkusen for next season. What a depressive year for us.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That was always happening. He was never staying. It was just a question of whether he would go to Leverkusen, Dortmund or Schalke.

10. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree he was always going to leave soon. But I thought he *might* stay one more season.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No. Plus, FCN really needs the money now.

12. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yessss!!! Finally, a win after 8 matches winless! We held onto a lead. We got a shut out (had not had one in XX matches). Couple of comments on players with kicker style ratings:

Maroh (3.5): Hecking decided to make the switch of Klose for Maroh at CB and it paid off. Klose had two matches in a row with poor errors. Maroh showed a lot of technical ability, made no mistakes and was solid. Granted, his midfield kept him clear from having to make many difficult challenges but still a good match from him.

Hegeler (2.5): I've been critical of him in the past. He had a superb match. Showed a lot of balls skills, won tons of foul calls, many good intercepts and tackles. Perhaps we've now found his best position is not wide or as an attacking mid but paired as a defensive/central mid as the deep lying play maker next to a defensive mid. Kind of like the Sahin role at Dortmund.

Simons (3): Rock in the mid. One of the main reasons Kaiserslautern had almost no attacks the entire second half. Also, quick shout out to Cohen who played well too when he came on as a sub.

Pekhart (3.5): Been critical of him too. He did a ton of running today and off the ball drudge work. Had lots of good hold up play too. Yea, he needs to work on his finishing but we really missed him last match and it showed today how important it is for us to have a good front man.

Didavi (3.5): Mixed bag. He shows a lot of endeavor and we critically need a good central attacking mid, but his decision making needs improvement. One time he could of played Pekhart in for a brake away and instead kept it and shanked his ball completely off target, blech. Not sure why he takes the dead balls when Plattenhart is so much better. All his dead balls today went straight to Trapp.

Esswein (3): My god he's fast. He can dribble past everyone yet his final ball as a shot or cross is poor. If he figures that out then I predict we'll be selling him for a lot of money in a couple years.

Chandler (2.5): Great anticipation to intercept the pass and a sneaky finish near post. Also, he had a wondrous cross to tee up Eigler in second half that somehow Eigler shot 2 meters over. He keeps improving and nice to see him get a goal.

Eigler (4): Decent. He's a journeyman and workhorse. Never going to show flashes of brilliance. Should have converted a goal in second half.

Wollscheid/Schafer (3): Very solid, but not a whole lot to do. Kaiserslautern were stifled in midfield all match and very little got through to the back line or keeper.

Plattenhart (4): Ok stand in for Pinola. Wish he had better touch and passing skills. Did fine defending at least. He is great at dead balls but instead we had Didavi taking them which I can't understand. Good hair today Plattenhart. I'm sure you made the women swoon.

Woot, out of the drop zone spots!

13. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  14. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Really important points.
    Augsburg 3 points against Wolfsburg.
    Freiburg 1 point against Hoffenheim.
    And last but not least Mainz 3 points against the Bavarians :(

Thank you so much Timmy Chandler !!!

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really lack some creative players, although Didavi looks like he might fill the bill.

Esswein - holds on to the ball too long.

Pekhart - he's going to score, but it takes him too many chances.

The thing for me is we need more experience in our attack. To rely on a player who is stepping up from the 3Liga and another coming from the Czech league is just asking too much.

16. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    I do not see Pekhart so bad.
    Maybe he is not so sure in fighting for and with the ball. Therefore he depends on the midfield. And there in my opinion is the problem.
    We have no player to rule in. Nobody is able to fasten or slow down the game and to play the ball in the right way at the right moment.
    They called Feulner for but he is not able to and also too slow.
    Maybe with Didavi it will get a little better.
    Esswein loves the ball. He is young and I think he will be more and more important. He needs time to make his experiences. Hecking so I hope will find the right words for him.
    Timmy Chandler: I fear he will be the next leaving the Club to a better one.:(
    I was very pleased to see Dominik Maroh in the starting eleven!
    He is a good boy, identified with the CLUB and training hard for playing in the games.
    I heard Hecking say that he will also play in Hamburg if he stays healthy.
    Poor Klose needs the rest.
    Hegeler made a good game finaly !
    I was also pleased by Didavi. The shot on the goal is not really his thing but he has some idea to play in the midfield.
    All in all: we will have a difficult season to play and I hope to be successful in the end.
    Greatings from Bamberg

17. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    I´ve forgotten to tell you something really important :D

I´m invited to the Derby on the 20th of December V I P !!!!

I really look foreward to and I read that it will be possible to talk to a player after the match.
    I never had the possibility to watch the CLUB in the stadium - this time I will go there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don´t think about closing my guesthose this day - I just will do it.
    My whole family will watch the game in Nürnberg and we will hope to see a victory!

;)

18. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's awesome!

19. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Yes ! It is !
    Thank you Hobo ! :)

I can hardly wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AWESOME!!!

Take plenty of pictures.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pekkie- not bad, just needs a lot of chances.

Esswein - will be a good player, but its a lot of pressure on a young player.

Didavi - I like him, has creativity. Way young, but talented.

Just hope we can finished about 15th, maybe even 13th ;)

Timmy - yeah, he's playing well. Hope we can keep him for a few more years.

22. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here is the match preview for todays match, which BTW after today's matches Der Club is only one point out of relegation zone, they definitely need at least one point today and it would be great to be great to bag all three!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview/_/id/320914?cc=5901

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask BVB to loan Gündogan back to FCN for the rest of the season.

Loan Almog Cohen to BVB for the rest of the season as part of the deal.......

24. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bleh.

Pekhart misses 4 open headers. Hits post twice and other two right at Drobny. A decent striker needs to finish at least one of those, all of which would have tied the game.

Guerrero fouls Simons on the 1st goal. He actually fouls him twice. First runs into him with a face to face push and then reaches his arms around him and pulls him down by the shoulder. No call. Typical.

Same broken record. More chances, slightly outplayed opponent and b/c we can't finish to save our lives we lose. At least deserved a draw today.

25. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg