Der Club!! - 1. FC Nürnberg (FCN) 2011/2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't see it either.

But one of my big FCN fan buddies says your version is what happened.

He never likes to admit when FCN gets outplayed, so when he says it, I tend to believe it.

2. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missed this match. Out of town on business for 2 weeks. Bummer. Least work has taken me to south beach miami:D

3. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    3-3 draw yesterday to Mainz after a promising 2-0 lead before the 20 minute mark only to need a late goal by Tomas Pekhart to equalize and keep a disappointing point at home instead of all three.

Here is the match result in English and below the video highlights of the match:

Der Clubs next match will be on the road against Wolfsburg in two weeks since there is a week off for UEFA Euro Qualifiers next weekend.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/320975?cc=5901

http://videa.hu/videok/sport/nurn-3-mai-bBRxOWWQ5u1uppFm

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Among the positive appearances of the game from Klinsmanns view can be seen in two Bundesliga players. Danny Williams (1899 Hoffenheim) in his only second international match was after a good performance replaced in the 65th minute by Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt). Timothy Chandler (1. FC Nürnberg) won special praise after a strong performance on the unfamiliar left-back position. „He did a great job,“ Klinsmann said of Chandler, who practically took Antonio Valencia of ManU all out of the game.

In November the USA will have two test matches in Europe on their way to World Cup qualification. Meanwhile Klinsmanns negative record is nagging at one or another. „The first results were not just great,“ said team captain Carlos Bocanegra, but anyway he emphasized: „We´re on the right track.“

^^^^^^^

THIS!!!

I believe Klinsmann definitely has the USMNT on the right track. However, this is going to be a long process.

I just hope the fans and the USSF are patient and allow the man to do his work.

Congrats to Timmy Chandler for kicking some ass.......

5. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a longer Klinsmann quote on Chandler. From kicker

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...rdt-muss-sich-zeigen---lob-fuer-chandler.html

"We have a big talent in Timothy. We are super satisfied with the way he presents himself, the way he plays, the way he, even at his young age, takes on his tasks with such serenity and the way he reads the game and anticipates. He put on a great performance today. He took Valencia, a player who is making a big splash at ManU, completely out of the game fairly and without fouls. He outplayed him and was even able to switch into the offense as well."

6. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just checked atdhenet.tv 5 minutes ago and found that the Wolfsburg-Nuremberg match LIVE from Volkswagen Arena is not being televised (or at least not on atdhenet.tv) I just need to find out if there is an alternate source for watching the match.

Thanks, Ray Jackson

7. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh.

Game could've gone either way, I don't know what else to say. Esswein could've and should've had a hat trick. His finishing is terrible. We need Schafer back. Stefan is an ok shot stopper but his judgment, ball distribution and physique (he's too small of stature) are major weaknesses. If you come on the cross for first goal you need to get it. And if he was larger he would've easily. I will say though, he had a couple good saves in the match.

Hegeler is pointless for me. He is just in 2nd gear all the time. I never see him push himself or even sprint. He is so nonchalant and lazy. I'd prefer Mendler or Eigler instead.

Plattenhart...not a good defender and Wolfsburg targeted him the entire first half and rammed the ball down his side nonstop. His dead ball deliveries were good, but it isn't enough to justify him on the pitch.

Feulner had a rare bad match. He just seemed off. Tons of wayward passes and dumb give aways. Some of this could be said for whole team.

Good subs by Hecking. We looked much better in 2nd half. Really feel we could've won if Esswein converts his complete break away or other two enormous chances.

Franz's foul on Dejagah for the penalty. Sigh. Sums up the match. Yes, its a clear penalty. Why is he making that dumb challenge when Dejagah is not really going anywhere? I have no clue.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Totally agree with you there.

FCN was unlucky to have lost it.

Lots of that going around the league.

Too small of stature?

Are you saying Stephan needs to work out?

Because Stephan is exactly 1cm shorter than Rafael Schäfer. That's not a major difference.

I think what Stephan needs is EXPERIENCE. After all, Schäfer was once in Stephan's shoes.

Hegeler might be "cruising." Maybe he thinks he's going back to Leverkusen for next season??

Could not having a better option justify having him on the pitch???

That's actually the regular Markus Feulner. It's the reason he could never make it off the bench in Dortmund despite being brought in to push another disappointing player.

Totally agree with this.

You mean "Frantz."

Mike "Frantz" plays for FCN. Mike "Franz" plays for Hertha BSC Berlin.

And yes, a very stupid penalty to concede.

9. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woops. I missed the t.

I missed the subs bench but wasnt Judt available? Not his normal side but still.

Oh well. Bring on next week!

10. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Random thoughts as I watch the match:

Stefan looks like a bird. And not a cool bird like a hawk but an awkward, gangly pigeon.

Plattenhardt spent 3 hours and 3 bottles of gel on his hair. He then neglected his beard which looks like a dirty Abe Lincoln impersonation

Wollscheid is a rock. I think I have a man crush on his play. Here's to praying we can keep him a season or two more.

I'm sure fans of every team feel this way but how many soft penalties can be called against us?

How many leads can we blow? It's a nightmare. We cannot close out a match to save our lives. At this point I view it as inevitable. Never for a moment did I think we'd get all 3.

I like watching Hegeler, whether on the ball or off it. He is slow, lazy, never tracks back, never closes anyone down, tries to be too fancy and tricky when simplicity would serve. Remind me why he continues to start?

Say what you will about Plattenhardt's other issues, but the man is great at dead ball situations.

Pekhart is a ghost. Doesn't feel like he gels with the team well.

11. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Markus Wingenbach on the penalty decision "I'd like to change it if I could."

:(

Ah well. That's football.

12. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Der Club advances in the DFB Pokal defeating 2nd Division Erzgebirge Aue 1-2 to move into the Round of 16 in the DFB Pokal.

Scoring summary as follows:

0:1 Esswein 64
    0:2 Wießmeier 68 (Esswein assist)
    1:2 König 78

Here was the lineup for 1FCN:

Stephan -
    Chandler ,
    Wollscheid ,
    Maroh ,
    Plattenhardt -
    Simons ,
    Cohen -
    Mak ,
    Bunjaku -
    Esswein -
    Pekhart

Subs
    46. Wießmeier for Mak
    56. Mendler for Bunjaku
    87. Hegeler for Cohen

13. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here are the video highlights:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daj1fdzeGco&feature=related"]Nürnberg 2-2 VfB Stuttgart (22.10.2011) - YouTube[/ame]

14. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to scrape through in the cup. Cross our fingers for a decent draw.

Hard to have any hope heading into Munich. Not won there in something like 20 years. Klose has recovered and should start in place of Maroh. Feulner and Pinola still out. I imagine bayern is going to ram the ball down our left to focus on Plattenhart's defensive frailties. Hecking will for sure pair Cohen and Simons in central mid to try and cut down on bayern in the middle. Bunjaku has a knock from the cup match. Hegeler will prolly replace him, but I'd rather see Mendler get the run out.

Fight hard and hope for the best!

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here is the preview of tomorrow match against Bayern.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=320950&cc=5901

The match will be televised on ESPN Deportes here in the US live beginning at 0625 hrs PDT and will be streamed on ESPN360.com at 0630 hrs PDT.

I have a feeling that tomorrow could be Der Clubs day and that they will be bringing home at least one point from Munich!

16. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Really time to say "Hello" to my soccer-friends over the sea :) !!!
    I fear you will not be right.
    But there is nothing to loose ! Really nothing !
    Hecking: " the most easy game of the season"
    And so boys: go there, give your very best and have fun. :cool:
    Points out of the coming games against Freiburg and Kaiserslautern are duty!
    I will watch the game this afternoon in my guesthouse (and all around me there will be fans of Bayern München) :( exept my good son Manuel :)
    In the newspapers you could read that 6.500 fans of our Club will follow the team to Munich.
    I hope they will make noise for 65.000 !!
    I don´t know why but I look foreward to todays afternoon.

I great you all from Bamberg (hoping the best) !!

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Easy game yeah right, down 1-0 after less than two minutes. Needless to say Bayern was too much for Der Club and it only got worse as the game progressed.

Here is the match review:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=320950&cc=5901

Here are the video highlights:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nre9TruvY5o"]Bayern München - FC Nürnberg [4:0] Alle Tore & Highlights - Munich 4-0 Nurnberg - 29/10/2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Next week Der Club is at home against cellar dweller Freiburg, they definitely need the 3 points!

18. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    "Next week Der Club is at home against cellar dweller Freiburg, they definitely need the 3 points!"

Yes they do. !
    That will be really not easy! I saw the game on Friday against Leverkusen.
    They lost it 0 : 1 but they were the much better team.
    Hopefully Cisse will not make the difference in the coming match.

I think Bader & have to strengthen the team with a creative midfield-player in the winter hollidays.

I greet you all from Germany ;)

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2011-2012 German Cup Round of 16 Draw

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fortuna Düsseldorf v Borussia Dortmund

VfB Stuttgart v HSV

1899 Hoffenheim v FC Augsburg

Hertha BSC Berlin v 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Holstein Kiel v 1. FSV Mainz 05

Gladbach v FC Scheisse 04

VfL Bochum v FC Bayern München

1. FC Nürnberg (FCN) v SpVgg Greuther Fürth

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Right now, my picks are:

Borussia Dortmund, Stuttgart, Hoffenheim, Hertha, Kiel, Gladbach, Bayern, FCN

20. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Good to see a Franken derby in the Cup. Furth lost today at home and missed out on a great chance to remain in first place in Second Division.

21. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    A victory is duty !

I fear just with the young team that will be very difficult.
    But with Schäfer back and maybe Eigler and Feulner in the midfield it can work.
    If not, no Nürnberg citizen can go to Fürth anymore. :)

In our newspaper I red that our CLUB will not be active in the winter break. They are convinced the team will make it and stay in the first league.
    I´m sorry to say that I have not the same opinion.
    I think they need a creative player in the midfield. They have really no one.
    But let us hope the best. They all are professionals.

Greetings from Bamberg country :)

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schäfer being back makes me pretty darn happy, but I think they need to add a few more talents in the break.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Easier said than done.

It isn't as if they've got the cash just lying around....

24. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    But a going down to the second league is also not filling the cash.
    Another problem could be that the needed players are not free to come or
    don´t want to.

;)

25. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    "our" Timothy at youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkqYvO65e8&feature=player_detailpage"]Timothy Chandler im Portrait - YouTube[/ame]

If you need a translation ask me - I´ll do my best.

;)