Der Club!! - 1. FC Nürnberg (FCN) 2011/2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I saw him play live last season in FCN's home victory over Eintracht Frankfurt.

I told my FCN buddies that night, "You'd better get this kid extended quickly or Bayern, Leverkusen or BVB will be all over him."

I'm happy FCN did get him extended. Those other clubs will still come for him, but FCN is going to GET PAID when they do.......

2. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He should be a world class defender in 2 years. I hope he moves to Spain to improve his 1-1 defending against La Liga driblers. In Spain he may get the chance to go up against fast tricky strikers something that tactically sound Bundesliga defenders don't normally go up against week in week out.

Keep an eye on this kid.(Under the radar youth leagues) Technically the most gifted youth player in German football.

http://www.fc-hansa.de/index.php?id=170&oid=14414

http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=3332

# 7 @ -02:14

This year

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/edisson-jordanov/profil/spieler_89654.html

3. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Admittedly he is a really gifted young player but I very well remember Breno at Nuremberg. He was just brilliant and when he returned to Bayern he was nowhere near it anymore or think about players like Dante and Geromel. What I want to say is that being the star defender of a small team is fine but convincing on a higher level is another matter. Let him take his time and if Leverkusens CB's continue to perform so badly he might end up there next year for a reasonable transfer fee (I'd guess 5-8m €) to make his next career step and Nuremberg would be one step closer to being debt free (thanks Mr. Roth by the way...).

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I get what you're saying.

However, Breno always has been overrated.

Wollscheid shows the instincts Breno never has.

As far as Roth goes, don't like the guy, never will.

But he has served FCN well.

5. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to echo footy, and I know breno was probably just an example of an over rated defender, the best part of wollsheids game is his game sense and ability to anticipate the right positioning. He's also strong, quick and precise in tackling and headers, but the game sense is huge. And that's why breno never panned out. He is a physical beast yet he has no anticipation or football IQ.

As much as wollscheid has been good again this season, it must be said that Klose looks like a nice signing too. Very solid, good chemistry and inexpensive

6. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Maybe you forgot Breno´s injuries and convincing on a higher lever meant at this time convincing Louís von Gaal.:-(
    At that time Bayern München had not a single defender who really convinced in the league.
    Greetings to Würzburg ;)
    But back to topic:

Hello to my soccer fans abroad:

Very busy I found only yesterday the time to watch the Köln game recorded on my receiver.
    I didn´t found that Weiner was so bad. Of course the yellow/red of Pekhart was hard, but to give two penalties for the guest team within 4 minutes shows courage.
    I worry about our team because they are not really able to make a goal from open play.
    But 3 points are 3 points. Last season we had 6 points after 5 games and 9 points after six games.
    Regarding the personal problems of our club we all can be more than pleased.
    ;)

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, I didn't forget anything. I said from the time Bayern WASTED 12M Euros on Breno that he was all hype and no substance.

I wasn't just talking about his time after FCN. I was talking about his time before and after FCN.

Breno hasn't been injured all that time.

Breno has all the physicial tools to be a great defender, but he has almost none of the mental attributes needed.

Wollscheid has a good balance of both.

Sure, a guy like that looks great at FCN because there are no expectations.

At a place like Bayern, his attributes as well as his flaws are magnified.

They could have had one, but they decided to get rid of him in favor of Breno.

That kid's name is MATS HUMMELS!

And we BVB fans are forever grateful for Bayern's stupidity.

8. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Uli Hoeneß: "We are not a youth training club" :D
    and Hermann Gerland was drunken maybe :D

But I fear that one day he will go back - money attracts ! :(

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We expect him to go back one day.

But not one day soon........

10. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/andreas-wolf/rueckkehr-nach-nuernberg-19936510.bild.html

Farewell Andy :-(

I´m pleased to read that Der Club will organize a little littel farewell party for Andy Wolf. Also it is nice to read that there is no more quarrel between Bader and Wolf.
    I always respected him as team player, captain and worker on the field.
    Of course Wollscheid and Klose are much more than equal substitutes but I miss him in the Nürnberg team. Every offensive player has a lot of respect for him and to play 14 years for only one team is more than a matter of course.
    I am delighted for him finding place and respect in the Werder Bremen team.

;)

11. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bleh, a draw that feels like a loss. Weise red card in 15th minute and Dr. Drees doesn't give us the goal we scored. He could of played advantage. We out shoot them 25-2 and only draw, damn. Quick thoughts:

- Bremen's goal was such a dumb mistake by Stefan. He has a routine pass to Chandler on the wing and he massively over hits it gifting possession and leaving our defense caught out. Guess thats what we get with the 3rd string, teenage goalkeeper

- Chandler needs to improve his crossing. He had 8 crosses and not a single one was of any quality. He always loops this high, slow ball that nobody can get any power on and are easily cleared

- Wollscheid is amazing. So many tackles, the header goal, his positioning and game IQ continue to be incredible.

- Kind of unfortunate with the torrent of rain/hail. Helped Bremen out a lot playing with 10 men. Our skill players (esswein, hegeler, Mak) struggled with it at end of first half and early second.

- What a save from Weise on the free kick. Still cannot believe that didnt go in.

- Liked Hecking's subs and formation changes in second half by moving Simons to CB and Klose to fullback.

- Feulner was really good and ran his balls off.

- Hard to see where the goals will consistently come from. Eigler was largely useless. Pekhart is a better classic striker, but I'll be surprised if he notches anymore than 10-12 goals this year.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have Der Club TV?

13. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chandler is not a bad player but I he has his limitations and therefore I doubt he would be more than a solid backup for your National Team. Who is right back for the U.S. anyway?

And seriously, where got the author the information that chandler would be strongly considered for the German National Team? Perhaps they combined Löw's statement about Lell and thought "Hey Chandler can play like Lell, too!". I haven't heard anything like that here in the media.

16. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cherundolo is currently #1 at RB and the information/rumor, which was clearly stated in the article, came from the Bild Zeitung (print edition only apparently):

"An article in the German publication Bild speculated that the Nuremberg defender was a potential solution to the German national team's opening at right back now that captain Philipp Lahm has moved over to his preferred position on the opposite flank."

17. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cherundolo, of course. Shame on me that I forget about a Bundesliga player. ;)

To the National Team issue:

It seems very likely that Löw will count on a strong block of Bayern München
    players in the defense. Boateng and Lahm as fullbacks and Hummels and Badstuber as CB's. In addition to that there will be players like Castro, Beck and Höwedes who compete for the backup slot as right back.

So with all due respect for Chandler but I believe he wouldn't stand a chance in this competition and therefore I think this rumor is bogus but we'll see.

19. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nobody here is claiming that the rumor has any substance.

20. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
  21. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Few observations:

-Offensively the team is too fast for its own good; need to slow down the tempo to make good decisions. I can't remember a single chance created the entire match.

- Hecking' subs should have been better. Mendler is the only true unselfish playmaker in this team so keeping him and slowing down the tempo might increase the team's creativity.

- Simmons-Cohen against week teams?

- Essewien/Fualner combination may be stifling the teams' passing game. They both love to keep the ball too much.

- Bad penalty. Neither team created enough chances to win.

==

22. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Did you really watch the game? Gladbach was far from being a weak team, and had enough chances to win 3 or 4 games.

23. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gladbach hardly created any chances of their own. All they did was jump on the opponent's mistakes, 3-4 bad passes/clearance.

24. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Okay, now I know you really didn't watch the game. Nürnberg's defense was just outplayed.