Der Club!! - 1. FC Nürnberg (FCN) 2011/2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you are right. I should not have said counter attack, but more against the run of play. Nurnberg dominating possession and chances and then boom Hannover scores out of the blue.

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Match report in English and video:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=321020&cc=5901

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBX2oyzgK8&feature=related"]Borussia Dortmund - Nürnberg 2:0 Alle Tore & Highlights 20.08.2011 - YouTube[/ame]

That second goal sucked and was the nail in the coffin for Der Club!

After todays match Der Club is in 12th place with 3 points! Next week at home against last place Koln.

3. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Hello to my soccerfans and fans of Der Club,

very buisy I recorded the yesterday´s game and watched it in the night.
    I saw a dedicated performance of the team.
    We still have our deficetes in the midfield. Feulner was buisy but he hasn´t the crucial ideas.
    Wollscheid and Klose in the defence good as they used to be.
    Of course Hegeler must make the goal and also Wießmeier. For me Pekart was unseeable anyway.
    Hecking was quite miffed directly after the final whistle.
    I can´t understand.
    The season is young and there will be 3 teams in the league worser than Der Club.
    At home next game against Augsburg and then in Köln 3 points are duty.
    If not, we will probably slide down to the cellar

;)

4. OptimusMK

OptimusMK Member

May 4, 2008
    Skopje,Macedonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think team played pretty well despite the loss. We had quite a few decent chances and were able to stifle Dortmund for much of the match. I was expecting to get destroyed, but we held our own.

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You would have gotten destroyed if we were any good at converting chances.

Anyhow, I'm always happy when BVB wins and FCN plays well.

I always wish FCN well until we meet again.

BVB might be my club, but FCN was my "local club" for so long, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for "Der Club."

7. miasanmia

miasanmia Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    By the way, how did you "manage" the Schalke-Nürnberg friendship? ;)

8. Burli

Burli New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    so far i am surprised Der Club managed to compensate the loss of ekici, guendoga and schieber so well.

i mean so far they dont look bad at all this season .

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't. When Scheisse came to town, I stayed away.

Besides, there are more BVB/FCN fans out there than people think.

Nowhere near the number of FCN/Scheisse supporters of course.

I'm going to get flamed for this next comment, but hey, no one else likes FCN and Scheisse except one another anyhow. ;)

10. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know the history. Why are there often people who are both Schalke and FCN fans?

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One of my FCN fan buddies says it started after he became an FCN fan and he's been a "Club" fan since the late 70s.

12. miasanmia

miasanmia Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
  14. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hecking needs to brings in a true play maker or else this could end up being a long season. The fitness level, the stamina, the long balls have all been perfect this season, lol. but come Dec none of it may matter if the team doesn't develop clear offensive ideas: short passing game, patient distribution of the ball.

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  16. cilli26

cilli26 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bamberg country
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Hello to all my soccer friends,

dirty but very important 3 points for the today´s match.
    I have trouble with the midfield and also with our offensive play.
    It is like it ever was: der Club has problems with making the game. They always look much better against teams who (or which??) play foreward and more offensive als Augsburg did.
    Our Timmothy for me was the man of the match; hard working and very fast. One day he also will be able to make the perfect crosses for the offensive players.
    Also Pinola, Wollscheid and Klose played well.
    The midfield with Cohen and Simons can play much better than they did today. For me the rest of the team seemed nervous and without the penetration which is nessessary in the First League.
    But what do we expect of this very young team with a lot of players who have no experience at all ?
    I hope the 3 points and the luck today strengthen the confidence of them so that they can take home also 3 points from the game against Köln.
    For all that the 10th place in the league at the moment makes me very happy and if there are 3 teams worse than der Club at the end of the season everything is perfect.

I wish your National Team success in the coming games and anyway with Klinsmann and I hope of a healthy Timmy coming back to der Club ! ! !

Now for me leaves the hope of your understanding my English and also of you to overlook my mistakes.

I greet you all from Germany ;) especially "panicfc" who showed me your forum some month ago. :)

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Cilli26 - glad to have you over here. A bit more action over here than the other forums.

Glad to get the 3 points. I got to watch the first half, then my stream died. Hopefully I'll get to watch Der Club on tv soon.

18. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very nice to grab 3 points. Felt like a must against this opposition at home. I think Hecking will learn from this match that our formation requires legitimate wingers to succeed. Eigler is not a winger. He is honestly a BL 2 player who has a high work rate. He's more a striker than a winger. Hegeler, I'm not even sure what his best position is. He has the technical skills and dribbling of a winger but he is not quick enough or fast enough.

Hecking should just employ his true wingers instead of these. Esswein and Mendler are legitimate wingers who are focused on that role. Esswein showed it today scoring the goal and being threatening and Mendler did the same to a lesser extent. If we're going to employ a "double 6" with Simons and Cohen then we need true wingers to provide the width. The full-backs alone don't do enough. Weissmeier looked ok, but if that's our main creative element for the season then its troublesome. Hegeler could be considered in this role. We're great in defense but offer so little going forward. Pekhart is a hold-up striker who is good in the air but not much else. What point does he serve unless we have tons of crosses into the box or shots he can poach off of for rebounds?

Quick comments on the defensive front: Radovsky again was a good substitute for Schafer. Wollscheid continues to be a rock that doesn't get enough credit. Chandler's weakness is that he has no moves going forward and teams have realized it. Literally, his only move is to kick it past the defender and try to sprint faster than them to get his cross in. He has no inside move or any other step over moves, anything. Hopefully, he can develop those in the future.

It's a good win, but the fact we barely scraped past Augsburg shows that we're looking like a lower mid table squad than any kind of team challenging for the high places like last season. That's fine. I don't expect a repeat of last year, but we have such a good defense that if we could get any kind of offensive presence going we could be strong. Nice win in the end and I'm thankful for it!

19. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't see the match against FCA but 3 points is 3 points, take em and run. If FCN can't beat Koeln next week, I might be worried since Koeln are a joke of a team. I believe the reason Saturday's match was so exciting was because both teams played so poorly and made so many mistakes. FCN are getting into the tough part of their schedule. Bremen, Mainz, Stuttgart, and Bayern will be tough matches. They need to try and get 6 points from those matches.

20. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well said.

I think the biggest problem this year for the team is the lack of offensive input from the two centeral midfielders. Unlike last year where the duo didn't need to do much since the attacking midfield was stacked with of Ekici and gondogen, this year one or both centerel midfileders must do some creative work. So far this has been non existent. A typical Nürnberg offense starts with Wollschied bringing the ball from the back.......searching..............and searching then hitting long cross or pass to one the attacking midfielders or strikers. The two centeral midfielders seem to be running away from the ball instead of participating the distribution. One possible solution might be pairing Simons with a more creative centeral midfleder, someone comfortable with the ball. It might be too late now but definitely the teams needs to shop around in the winter break.

----

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We survived Weiner with 3 points! The worst, most erratic, irrational referee in the game! We all might remember him from last year's Bremen match where he appeared to purposely be screwing us over (awarding two penalties for two clear Pizzarro dives and two phantom yellows to Chandler to send him off). Today, he seemed in our favour as he actually identified the Rieter dive in the box and gave him a yellow. Properly gave us two clear penalties and then in usual bizarre fashion issued red cards with aplomb for challenges that would normally be yellows (*cough* Brecko)! How this ref continues to get BL 1 matches is beyond me. Can this match finally seal his coffin?

Hats off to Hecking for going all out for it in the second half despite being down to 10 men and up 2-1. We should have closed the match out in the first half if we had converted either of the chances off the crossbar and post in the first few minutes....we would've been 3-0 up after the Simons penalties (cooly taken by the veteran). Also, we had a ton of chances early in the second despite being down to 10 men. Esswein was brilliant up front. Feulner and Simons were beasts in the midfield doing TONS of running. Chandler with a lot of nice overlapping runs. His crosses were a mixture of good and bad tho. Pinola was ok. His first touch, game sense and tendency to lose possession in terrible spots is very concerning. Our third string keeper: Stefan was solid in net. And Wollscheid / Klose were rocks who continued to win header after header and pull off every challenge.

It always felt like last season's Koln match where they equalized on the last kick of the game, but today we held on for the 3 points. That is two road victories for us....something that was extremely rare last year. Bring on Bremen at home! We can't possibly get Weiner as a referee for that match. And I'd love to pay Bremen back for all their diving and play-acting in last season's fixture.

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW!

For me, Feulner was a super beast. Earning a pk, winning balls, making passes, had he only gotta a shot off at the end he would have been perfect for me.

Pekhart - kid had no luck today. Well he earned a PK, but the post, the soft yellow, the phantom red.

Timmy - he's fun to watch, makes a nice play on the attack or defense, the next time, he creates a chance for the other team by being out of position. He's still learning, so I can give him a pass, but he's fun to watch.

Wolly & Klose - that is a fantastic pair. Love them!

Pinola - I was not his biggest fan, and he does make his share of mistakes, but he seems to make the nice play when we need it.

Esswein - you are right, that guy worked his jigglies off. Way to go kid!

Simons - that's how a captain plays.

Stephens - well done kid. I got nervous on every backpass, but he did well.

24. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to admit that I thought der Glubb would have bigger problems after losing Gündogan, Ekici and Schieber but Hecking managed to keep the team well tuned. They show beautiful combinations, effort and determination so with that kind of display relegation shouldn't be an issue this year.

25. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best performance by far. Great job by Hecking.

I think the trick was introducing more creativity in the midfield and using single defensive midfielder, Simons. I thought Simons/Mendler/Feulner combined really well. Hecking may have found good balance in match day five. This could be the starting 11 for the season (Simons/Cohen for the big matches)

Wollscheid..... impressive as ever.