Der Club!! - 1. FC Nürnberg (FCN) 2011/2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice pics. Thanks for posting.

6. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah I did not know Feulner had trained as a RB at Dortmund. Thanks for the info Footy. Yes, I think we were both surprised at the nurnberg fans getting after Hecking a few weeks ago. So many fans are unrealistic and impossible to please.

7. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not many people outside Dortmund know about it. He never played right back in a game, but he was indeed our "emergency" RB in his last season with us.

This is what used to turn me off when I would go to matches at Frankenstadion. I lived between 20 and 45 minutes from Nuernberg for most of my almost 20 years in Germany. I only went to more matches in Munich than I did in Nuernberg.

I hated the way the fans would tear into the team even when the team was doing its best.

8. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Der Club's match against Stuttgart this Sunday will be shown live here in the US on ESPN Deportes at 0930 hrs EDT, 0630 hrs PDT. Looks like it'll be an early morning breakfast here on the west coast to catch the match live!

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    1-0 loss which was totally against the run of play as Der Club deserved the 3 points maybe one point but not to head back home with 0 points for their effort. Sometimes football is cruel and today was one of those days. Der Club is in 11th place with 31 points, four points out of the relegation playoff slot. Next week at home and the Bayern Derby with BM.

Here is the match review:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=320807&cc=5901

10. Clubfans_United

Clubfans_United New Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Nuremberg
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
  11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Why are Japanese players going to the Bundesliga of all the European leagues ?

12. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    1.) The Bundesliga doesn`t have restrictions on non-EU players (unlike Serie A, La Liga and EPL).

2.) Thomas Kroth. He used to play in the J-League, became a player`s agent later, has excellent ties with Japanese clubs and players and is now bringing his Japanese clients to Germany.

3.) Japanese players offer good quality for affordable prices which make them a very popular transfer target.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    One thing though, Kroth never played in Japan.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FCN would definitely be a much better place for this player.

15. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    My fault. Thanks for the correction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and for anyone interested in the role Thomas Kroth plays for the "Japan Boom" in the Bundesliga, please read this article (in German) written by German-Japanese journalist Haruka Gruber - spox

16. Fred Hits

Fred Hits Member

Jul 8, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quick question

I'm heading to germany in a few weeks and i am hoping to see the FC Nurnberg match against Hamburg. I have never been a european match so I am a bit confused about the ticket policies. I periodically check the website but right now they appear to only be selling tickets for a matchday before and after this match. Is the best way to get tickets via the club website?

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Directly through the clubs is usually the best way.

However, from what you describe, I would say the HSV match is sold out.

Which would not be a shock as HSV is one of the clubs with supporters all around the country.

I used to go to FCN matches quite often. If you are going alone, you can try people selling tickets outside the stadium or take a chance that the club winds up selling some last minute ticket returns before the match.

However, there is also the German version of "StubHub" called Viagogo. Prices are higher there, but it is a bit more "sure" than ebay.

People also sell tickets in the local "swap" papers.

18. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Der Clubs Derby against Bayern will be televised live here in the US and Canada tomorrow at 0930 hrs EDT, 0630 hrs PDT on GOLTV.

Need those 3 points badly and would love to see 1FCN kill off all hopes that Bayern has of achieving the Bundesliga title!!

19. Fred Hits

Fred Hits Member

Jul 8, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info- I didn't realize the HSV match would sell out but i guess that shows what i know about club popularity. I am looking for 3 tickets. I haven't heard of this viagogo before but it is similar safety to stubhub from your experience?

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, it is.

21. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Disappointing loss against Bayern today. Thought Der Club deserved at least one point based on their play. It took Bayern to bring on Schwansteiger and Ribery in order to snag their lone goal and keep the 3 points. I thought for sure Cohen's late shot would go in but it wasn't to be.

With the loss today Der Club drops down to 12th place and is now only 3 points out of the relegation playoff spot. Am concerned that Freiburg and Augsburg who have been on a hot streak of late will soon overtake 1FCN in points. In their next 4 matches they will be playing 3 teams who are either in the relegation zone or below them in points:

@Freiburg next week
    Home to Schalke
    @ Kaiserslautern
    Home to Hamburg

Here is the match report:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=320791&cc=5901

http://www.fcn.de/news/artikel/robben-condemns-nuernberg-to-narrow-defeat/

22. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just too busy lately to post more lengthy thoughts on matches. But dammit these two recent losses suck. Played great against Stuttgart and prolly deserved to win. Bayern....meh. Maybe good enough for a draw. Now we're in the relegation muck again. Huge match next week at Freiburg.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And they're suddenly "hot." :eek:

24. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second time we have blown a 2 goal lead this season. Darn! I went in thinking a draw would be fine, but this doesn't feel so great since we capitulated in the last 45. We were better in the first half but probably not 2 goals better. Freiburg stomped us in the 2nd. The Cohen sub to stabilize the midfield probably came 10 min too late.

Nice to have Pinola back. Feels much more comfortable out there. Maroh was again very good and Nilsson filled in alright for Wollscheid. Congrats to him for getting a full 90 in after such a long injury lay-off. How long is Esswein out with his injury? I fear for us without him consistently in the line-up.

We probably need 4 points for safety. Run in is not too bad:

Schalke
    @ Kaiserslautern
    Hamburg
    @Hoffenheim
    Leverkusen

Hopefully not jinxing us, but I feel pretty confident we can get 4 points out of that.

25. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So long as Der Club doesn't have an epic meltdown like in 1999 I think that all of us will be happy campers maintaining Bundesliga status for another season!!