Deportivo Quito (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by BigSoccer Bot, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What ever happened to Fabian Cubero? I think he is related to the Cubero that plays for Velez.

2. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You were saying? La U was so lucky Boca didn't destroy them in the first half! And yes, Mouche need to GTFO and join Chucho in America.

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey guys I hope you don't mind me posting here. I really don't know too much about Ecuadorian football. However, I'm going to Ecuador for a couple of weeks and will be in Quito arriving late night July 24th. I always try and catch a footy match when I'm travelling, and I realized there's a game on Weds the 25th - Deportivo Quito v LDU Quito. I'm assuming this should be a pretty good game to attend as it's a derby if I'm not mistaken. Anyone know where / what time the game will be played - @ Estadio Olimpico Atajualpa? And anyone know where I can get tickets in town before the game kicks off? I went to see Flamengo & Boca last year, but getting tickets was quite a pain I remember. Cheers!

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

you can get them right outside the stadium! And for really cheap, too. Otherwise, the box office sells them before matches a few days in advance.

5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks - will try and go. Any idea where/ what time the game is on.. soccernet has been wrong before about these things. Cheers,

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did anybody see the comments that Insua made directed towards D. Quito team execs?
    That was BRU-TAL! Admittedly, it probably should have been said a long time ago, and D. Quito is notoriously unreliable in issues dealing with accounting and payments. It's sad because they look to have a pretty solid team, but these guys in the leather seats in offices are killing everything- and this goes for a lot of Ecuadorian teams- the market is so underdeveloped that revenue streams are thin: fans don't show consistently, sponsorships and TV deals are a bulk of the pay...but can't be relied upon. Marketing for everything else from merchandise to their other offerings is limited....what needs to change? Everything.

7. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Including fans that never go to the stadiums and bitch the entire time. The average attendance is ridiculous. No Fans, No Money, no Football. Everything else is just extra. In ecuador, The Execs are the Money so How can anyone bitch? Look at what happened to Aucas when Montenegro left?

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's amazing how a city as small as Quito has so many teams in the Serie A and B. All things considered, if Liga, El Nacional, and D. Quito can't consistently have sell-outs, how can Aucas or U. Catolica ever come close?
    GYE, it's the same thing....Unless it's a big game, I've seen the Capwell and Monumental go nearly empty.

Fans at the base...Sometimes I feel like going to a Miami Marlins game...or a HEAT game pre-Lebron.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    D. Quito just cut 10 guys from their roster?! WOW, thats a big dump of players. craziness.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think it's embarrassing that all those 10 players are owed money, yet they are given the boot. Did you know Checa, Isaac Mina, Robert Flores, and Fabian Carini got the boot for disciplinary problems LMAO you got to be sh*tting me. That's the biggest BS lie i have ever seen. Checa and Mina have been key players in D.Quito for years now. Robert Flores had a really good Primera Etapa in D.Quito and all of the sudden disappeared from the starting line up once Alex Bolanos recovered from his injury. And Carini has played well all year. As bad as Checa and Mina are, I highly doubt they were undisciplined. That's BS. Another excuse.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The team is broke. I'm wondering what Ivan Hurtado and the union will do about this- and to an extent, what will the federacion also do? This is clearly a serious issue at this point. Deportivo Quito needs some serious accountability checks and some major sanctions placed on them for this insanely desperate situation they've been in. Just shameful!

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The situation is sad and embarrassing. I wish the players could sue the crap out of D. Quito for doing this. This team doesn't deserve to be on FEF.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If it doesn't happen this year (which im almost positive it won't), they'll be in the Serie B in 2015. Next season, they are going to suffer big time.

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They are a joke of an organization. Very embarrassing. Their top execs complain that the team is acting unreasonable for not showing up to practice or games, yeah well they've been playing for free for months. You're danm as hell right that if I don't get paid I'm not going to work. Simple as that. They don't pay their players yet I would want to see the bank accounts of their top execs...pretty sure their salaries are on schedule and they're not hurting for money. Soccer players are humans and they have families to take care of.

Kr0nika R0ja repped this.
  15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Deportivo Quito has basically gotten away with murder for years- it's common place for this to happen at least once per season. This is troubling for many reasons- the biggest one being their serious wanton disregard for the well being of their players and worse financial management than Barcelona. Unfortunately, we've also seen a federation regulatory agency that hasn't done anything to them except threaten to take drastic measures, but they always fall short. Call me crazy, but I've wondered how and why FIFA hasn't stepped in throughout the years to overstep the FEF in handling this very serious issue. And somehow they still managed to sign players?! JEEEEEEEESUS. A bigger travesty is harder to find nowadays.