Deportivo la Coruna [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks Sinko!!!!!

A Real Madrid supporter rooting for Depor, has the world gone mad? :p

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, it seems like my concern for Albert Luque is unwarranted. I'm sure everyone saw him get mad at the people who were carrying the stretcher. Apparently he really wasn't injured that badly. He took too long to get up in Irureta's opinion, so Irureta sent in Fran. Luque was upset that he was taken out of the match. Rather silly if you ask me.

3. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I see a lot of complaints about this game (and rightly so) but one thing I've noticed is that Irureta always trys to kill the game when Depor plays away. He reminds me of an Italian coach in that respect. A lot of times it works but sometimes it completely breaks down (ie at Monaco and at Milan this season). So I'm not really surprised at the result and the style of the game yesterday. I do expect a much different Depor team in the return leg though.

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My pleasure.

Hey, I've seen things far more strange. For example, a Catalan friend of mine in Tarragona loves to preach "Anybody but barsa!" As it happens, he's the radio voice for El Nastic, but you can imagine that viewpoint doesn't go over too well in his region!;)

I've enjoyed the times I've been to Galicia, so I do have some basis for a softspot.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Don't tell Mario or the other Barca supporters but I'm hoping that Madrid win this weeekend. Depor's hands are full with the Champions League, and Barcelona is going to walk away with 3rd place if we're not careful.

--

Andrade was given a one match ban for his red card against Porto. This is the smallest suspension possible (other than recinding the card). But Depor will still appeal the decision.

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    1-1 Málaga - Depor

Match Statistics:
    Málaga: Calatayud - Gerardo, Litos, Josemi, Valcarce (Canabal, m.29) - Edgar (Manu, m.73), Miguel Angel, Insúa, Duda - Salva and Leco.
    Deportivo: Munúa - Héctor, César (Amavisca, m.74), Andrade, Capdevilla - Víctor (Sergio, m.69), Duscher, Mauro Silva, Fran (Romero, m.56) - Tristán and Djalminha.
    Goals: 0-1, m.21: Víctor. 1-1, m.41: Canabal.
    Referee: Jesús Téllez Sánchez showed yellow cards to Duda, Leco (Málaga), Fran, Víctor, Sergio, Munúa and Capdevilla (Deportivo).
    Attendance: 22.000 (La Rosaleda)

from International Depor Website

--

Not a good result but not a bad one either, looks like we are concentrating on the Champions League, and hoping to stay in 4th place. I think we play Real Madrid Saturday.

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    ja! :D

tomaaaaaaaaaaaaa

it doesnt matter my friend, im rooting for you guys on sunday!

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to put up a very good fight. I was hoping that Valerón and Manuel Pablo would not play in the friendly today, but alas that was not to be. I fully expect a Tristán and Djalminha up front again, and without Fran, I doubt Luque will play so maybe we'll see Amasavica (sp?).

I'm glad you still consider me your friend even though I was rooting against you this past weekend.

9. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    2-0 Depor - Real Madrid!!!

Goals from Tristan and Capdevila against a 10 man Madrid.

Molina; Hector, Pablo Amo, Andrade, Capdevila; Mauro, Sergio; Luque, Djalminha, Scaloni; Tristan

Interesting lineup considering, I expect Sergio, Luque and Molina all to start on Tuesday. I hope they get enough rest.

Big match on Tuesday versus FC Porto, full match stats later.

10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    2-0 Depor - Real Madrid

Match Statistics:
    Deportivo: Molina - Héctor, Pablo Amo, Andrade, Capdevila - Sergio (Duscher; m.68), Mauro Silva - Scaloni, Djalminha, Luque (Munitis; m.52) - Tristán (Pandiani; m.83).
    Real Madrid: Casillas - Salgado, Pavón, Raúl Bravo, Roberto Carlos - Beckham (Solari; m.62), Cambiasso - Figo, Raúl, Zidane - Ronaldo (Portillo; m.75)
    Goals: 1-0; m.29, Tristán. 2-0; m.69, Capdevila.
    Referee: Rodríguez Santiago. He showed yellow cards to Zidane(2x) (m.41) Beckham (m.34), Salgado (m.34) y Ronaldo (m.60) of Real Madrid and to Andrade (m.4), Djalminha (m.37) of Deportivo;
    Attendance: 35.600 (Riazor)

--

Wow, that's the biggest crowd I've seen at the Riazor, I wonder how many people will be there on Tuesday.

11. umbra

umbra Member

Aug 19, 2001
    DC
    no one talking about the porto game?

12. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Too effin' painful. You'd better not be a troll.

13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    :( All I can really say right now.

On a side note, la Riazor crowd was great and made me proud to be a Deportivo supporter. One of the reasons I started supporting the club to begin with.

14. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Even as a lifelong Madrid fan who wants Mourinho at the Bernabeau next year, it was painful to see Depor losing to the dirtiest bunch of cheats and divers in all Europe.

15. depor10

depor10 New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Not to whine but that had to be one of the dirtiest teams I've ever seen play. How many elbows did those guys throw, it was like a mosh pit. I'm just glad that Depor didn't play down to their level. Both Players and fans were classy in defeat. But Porto did come into the Riazor and pull out a victory, so you do have to give them some props.

Super Depor!!!

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    EKIPOS is offering a DVD or tape of the historic Depor/Milan match, so I emailed them to see if American Depor supporters can order it.

PS. Welcome back depor10, please post more often.

17. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the heck happened? Deportivo are superior to Porto. How do you score 4 goals against AC Milan, but can't score against Porto? :eek:

QUE LASTIMA! :mad:

18. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    When it rains it pours.

Naybet has asked Depor to sell him to Qatar to finish his career (i.e. so he can make a lot of money). If Naybet leaves, we'll have to hang on to Andrade this summer and hope Cesar stays or Pablo Amo become more comfortable.

Luque's representatives asked Barcelona to start negociating with Depor about Luque playing for Barca next season. Most likely Barcelona wouldn't pay the full transfer fee 72 million eur. but add a player as well. (Possibly Quaresma? either way I don't like the idea).

Finally Irureta is being looked at by Real Madrid! It's a slim possiblity but one never knows, especially since Irureta doesn't have a contract for next season.

I'm not sure how true any other these rumors are but I got them off the International Depor Website, which is pretty reliabile (except on April Fools Day)

19. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I put my support in your corner. I feel like I slapped the jinx on them.:(

20. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think you jinxed us, the team was utter crap out there not to mention, Collina ignored all the elbows. Besides like you said before you have a soft spot for Depor, plus you were supporting a fellow Spanish Club.

The way Deportivo played they didn't deserve to win, but they did deserve some calls at least.

21. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Another Depor loss.......

2-0 Espanyol - Depor

Two really crappy matches after a big win versus Madrid, what a huge let down, at least this week is over.

22. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    2-0 Espanyol - Depor

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Espanyol: Lemmens - Domoraud, Lopo, Pochettino, Wome - Fredson (85 Jordi Cruyff), Alex Fernández, Maxi Rodríguez (67 Morales), De la Peña, Hadji (78 Velamazán) - Tamudo
    Deportivo: Munúa - Héctor, Pablo Amo, Jorge Andrade, Capdevila - Lionel Scaloni, Mauro Silva (55 Duscher), Sergio (46 Fran), Valerón, Luque (61 Munitis) - Tristán
    Goles: 8’ Pochettino 1-0 75’ De la Peña 2-0
    Referee: Antonio Rubinós Pérez. Showed yellow cards to Lopo, Alex Fernández, Maxi Rodríguez and Lemmens (Espanyol)
    Attendance: 40,400 (Estadio Olímpico Lluís Companys)

from International Depor Website

23. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    According to the International Depor Website Irureta will renew for one more season.

www.deportivo-la-coruna.com

Good news if you ask me. I can't image the team with a different trainer.

24. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    The end of our thread?

Huss has decided that after 350 replies to a thread it will be closed. This policy is going to start out only in NSR but might move out from there. Hopefully it's not true. If a 350 post limit does happen, then I'm going to request Sinko for a Deportivo or Galician Forum.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111131&page=1

Just a note I didn't read the entire thread, I just read the first few posts, I'm too lazy to read the entire thing.

25. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--