Dempsey, Friedel: Spurs vs. Panathinaikos, EL 12/6/12 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by YankatOxford, Dec 5, 2012.

1. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    AVB was just reminding Clint to take his time getting off the pitch.

Let the fans cheer you on a bit longer. And let our subpar defense take a couple minutes breather.

2. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm more optimistic. If I was in a geographical location to bet on them qualifying for the CL, I would.
    New coach, new players, not yet in sync, and still they are tied for third on points. And with several defensive starters injured. They lost to Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal. But had the lead in all those games. And now Dempsey is starting to pay dividends.

3. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT

4. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Dempsey's goal scoring gremlins can only get him so far. When he played with Fulham, he couldn't get anything from Jose's Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal, or modern ManCity. Besides those teams, he definitely can have an impact.

5. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Mourinho's Chelsea is a good qualifier because he only faced them twice and then you can discount all his more recent performances against Chelsea.

What you should say is that other than ManU, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, City, Juventus, England, Italy, Spain, and Brazil Clint can't score against any good teams to save his life.

freisland and YankatOxford repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    the day you look for consistency from Sam Ham is the day you lose your mind.

He's like death valley in December. From 10 to 90 every day!

but he's entertaining.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You're going to lose your mind - I'm warning you. Looking for Sam Ham logic is staring into the snakes of medusa!