Dear Victory, F-off! Love, Cascadia

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by sounderfan, Oct 23, 2006.

1. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  2. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  3. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Calm down they dont even have fans yet lol

4. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    I for one would love for NorCal to compete in the Cascadia cup. Then I would get a chance to drink their beer and steal their women like THE ARMY does in Washington and B.C.

5. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    You can do that without having a cup (which your club has yet to win) being involved, soldier.

But do carry on the aggro fantasy thing. It looks good on you.

6. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    It does! I guess liking beer and having a penis makes one aggro; to bad you don't like one and your missing the other.

7. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
  8. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Rapier wit and style worthy of a Galaxy fan. Maybe this rivalry will be fun after all.:p

9. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  10. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we need a USL Rivalries forum? :p

Keep it nice, kids.

11. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    O.K. Mods, I promise to keep it clean and leave our sheep-shagging, eunuch friends of the north out of the conversation and focus on the issue at hand. Their conversation is infra dig anyways. Love you guys. :) All Hundred of you.

NorCal definitely belongs in the Cascadian Cup as NorCal shares the Northwest’s political, cultural, and social values, which is what I believe, makes for a real rivalry. NorCal as more in common with The Northwest than it does with SoCal and would make for a better rivalry in our region IMO. Let SoCal keep that made-up, plastic Honda Super Classictrash. Let the MLS and Executives exemplify asinus asinum fricat and continue to ruin the sport in America with their cultural misappropriations, but lets start a real rivalry here in the USL and leave the soccer moms to the MLS. Nothing against soccer moms mind you. Soccer mom=MILF.

12. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    1. San Francisco is not what most people would consider Cascadia.

2. They haven't got any fans yet. How can they become part of a fan sponsored cup if they haven't got any fans?

3. They didn't chip in any money for the cup. You probably didn't either. If you want to have a cup competition sponsored by fans of a team that doesn't have any fans yet thats fine. Buy your own cup and hold the competition.

13. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    I guess you have a point here, but in the future I would love for them to have fans that wanted to compete for the cup. NorCal is so Cascadia FYI.

14. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    The Cascadia Cup is a 'celebration' and acknowledgement of rivalries that date back to 1974-75 and NASL days.

The Victory have no part in that, nor will they ever.

The people who started the cup are *not* up for adding any newcomers. Because, well, then it would not be the Cascadia Cup anymore.

Feel free to create a Cali-PDX cup of some kind if you like. But the fact that NorCal is included geographically in "Cascadia" has nothing to do with this derby cup.

Were it the San Jose Earthquakes instead of CVFC, who also played in 1974-75, I think you'd have a better argument for including a Cali club.

Who am I to speak like an authority?
    The person who organized the creation of the cup, which has been and always be about the rivalries between the Timbers, Whitecaps and Sounders, as long as the three clubs play each other.

15. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    News flash the "old" NASL is dead. And you my flounder brother are a disputatious bore who seems ever ready to quibble over history. The cup belongs to the fans in the seats. With small-minded "leaders" like you it is no wonder Seattle has such a small fan base. I pity your club.

16. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Don't call something "small-minded" just because you don't like it. Didn't you read the links above? Overwhelmingly the fans who care about this said they want it to remain among the three clubs. Fans from all three clubs.

I wish I had as much power over the 'fan base' of the Sounders as you credit me with having. Each fan brings his or her own experiences to supporting their own club.

update: pdx forum on this issue:
    http://www.soccercityusa.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1161179670

17. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    On the first point you are correct; what I call small-minded extends to fans from all three clubs. IMO NorCal belongs geographically and we all should welcome them.
    On the Second point you made the ad verecundiam argument, Mr. "who am I to speak with authority", but at least we can agree that each fan does bring his own experiances to the club and game night.
    Sorry about the ad hominem but some times laughter succeeds where lecturing won't and you seem such an easy traget. You being an old fool and all.:)

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't resist here.

Are you actually telling the non-existent Victory fans to , quote, "f-off" because the Portland fans want them in your little Cup competition?

This borders on insanity.

19. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    ROFL. I agree absurd! But to be fair I am in the minority in Portland.

20. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Thank you. :D

I guess you aren't aware of the "preventive f-off manuever." Very famous in Latvia.

It's the off-season. We need something to talk about.

So, where are all of the Cali fans rising to the defense of their beloved VICTORY?

Geesh. It's almost like they have to have a roster and actually play some matches before these people will get involved. ;)

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or get a coach, logo, colors, GM (maybe thats decided).

So far Victory have:
    1-home field announced
    2-Name
    3-crazy owner

Thats about it.

22. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    And, that's kind of my point, really. Maybe I should have said "F-off Portland fans who think this not-yet-developed team should be in our derby cup."

Yeah, that DOES roll off of the tongue more naturally. :D

(I think the GM is former Quake guy Terry Fisher.)

23. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to be honest, the Sounders don't have much more than that at this time.:D

24. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Watch it there, or I'll hit you over the head with one of our various trophies or cups! :p

25. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These guys haven't even played a game yet. They're not rivals of us.

Seattle Vancouver and Portland were all rivals long before the Cascadia Cup "formalized" things in a way. Maybe in a few years some other competition might make sense for them... maybe with additional California teams that would be more logical rivals than any of the three of us.