Dear SBFC fans.........

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Mookie141, May 12, 2010.

1. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    SO..........we REALLY need a win this week. Not just any win, we're talking about a multi-goal win.

2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence

3. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Aww I appreciate that. You can put the Koster one up if you like. We have love for all the SBFC players in here.

4. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Is there going to be a webcast again? Hopefully, don't have to go to work monday so can stay up all night to watch the game.

5. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know for sure. These things are usually let known the day before or a few hours before the match. I'll keep checking.

SN: I still want to help create an official supporters group.

6. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I don't think there is one. too bad, would like to see it.

They need a win tonight...

7. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You're always welcome to come hang out in the Week pbp thread, during the match.

8. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Update: WE HAVE A WEBCAST!

9. weipenguigumbi

weipenguigumbi New Member

Dec 4, 2007
  10. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    jeeeej! thanks!

11. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Things are looking pretty grim at the moment, but this is our time to earn our reputations as fans. Continue to stand tall on the internetz and rest your asses in the seats at Yurcak field. The skies want to get grey on us but damn it we'll put on our rain coats, ponchos, and golashes and withstand the storm, hurricane, and or tsunami.

Thank you all, Mookie.:)

12. angrybluebaby

angrybluebaby New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    we'll lift :) I'm sure
    waiting out for those blue skies

everyones a fan when you're winning all the time and its a bit pedestrian, its when the going gets tough that you know who the true fans are - and we're as tough as our girls are

13. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    MAJOR match this weekend against The Cry........errrrhmmm Beat. It's away so Hope will be in her safe little bubble. We're really going to have to make the most of our chances and actually WANT to win this match.

For the time being we're going to have to matchtrack it so come on down to the PBP forum and I'll try to keep all entertained.

Peace and Love from the Skies Above,
    -Mookie.

14. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  15. sarahpt

sarahpt New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Will all future games be webcast and how do we find the link the day of the game?

16. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good question! I have no idea exactly which games in the future will be webcasted. Word usually doesn't get out the majority of the time until the day of the match.

I found out this week by visiting SBFC's portal on the WPS website, an hour before they match. They also made a post on their facebook around that time.

I'll try my best to post any webcasts that I'm able to get my hands on. I wanted to smack myself for not posting the actually link last week. I'll make sure I have that next time.

Here's the team's WPS site:
    http://www.womensprosoccer.com/ny/news/index.aspx

17. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't had the opportunity to watch Sky Blue play with Patrizia Panico. How is she doing?

18. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've only seen her play on two webcasts. I like her speed and I do think that she may be a good finisher, but I don't feel that we know how to use her the right way on the field. I also think she could teach our fowards a thing or two if given a mentor like role.

SN: I really wish our midfield would get it together.

19. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I'll cross my fingers and try to give mental support for tonight! :)

20. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I feel ya Webiel! I'm doing some shopping, hopefully I'll make it back home before kickoff. SKY WHO? SKY BLUE!

21. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    *sprays champagne* We finally got a win! Hopefully the girls will keep it going. Loved the aggression. Just watch those card counts. Celebrate lovely Sky Blue FC fans! Celebrate!

22. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Yeah, that was an awful lot of yellows for SkyBlue. . . anyone in card danger?

23. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Woke up quite pissed off but after turning my computer on and seeing the score I'm a bit better. Finally the win we needed! :D Hopefully we can continue to gain points from now on.

Does anybody btw know why Kai was brought in and then back out? not another injury I hope? or was she just bad? or can't she play a full 90 min anymore (heard something about knee problems :confused: )?

24. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know at the moment, but it should be said that Christie came out for Tasha and Tasha came on for her. Don't think the worst. I really wish they could/ were able to include formation updates, whenever subs go in and out.

What I found quite amusing is the Beat fans saying they shouldn't have lost to such an awful awful team, when they are complete and utter garbage before they got all those Athletica players.

25. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    More big matches (8/11 Freedom, 8/ 15 Breakers) coming up this week. Keep showing your support. Don't be afraid to stop in and post. :)

The ladies will be wearing pink on Wednesday in honor of Puma's Project Pink, a promotion for breast cancer awareness!

SBFC tweeted this pic today. I think it's safe to say our girls are going to be looking pretty in pink!

http://twitpic.com/2d6nzl