Dear Andrew Hauptman

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by burningfire, Nov 1, 2012.

1. danimal60914

danimal60914 Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hot dogs and fireworks.

ratdog, burningfire, bunge and 1 other person repped this.
  2. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

You keep repeating this blather and when you're challenged to list the members of this good team you never do. In almost every case the additions to this team made by this ownership have been mediocre. Once again, we are threatening to crawl into/fall out of the playoffs. This is not what people living in the real world consider a "good" team.

3. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good team doesn't shit the bed in every big game. I have been let down so many times this year that I can't get my hopes up for Saturday.

4. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I've been depressed since I witnessed the loss to DC United in the Open Cup. The 3-0 win in DC a couple of weeks ago actually made it worse. I want to go to Saturday's game but the forecast has a 30% chance of rain. I know if I go it will pour throughout a life-less 0-2 loss to another shitty team.

My best bet is to completely avoid the game and figure out a way to go to work on a Saturday night so I miss what turns out to be an inspired effort from our Men in Red.

I am the loss bringer. Woe unto me.

burningfire, bunge and GHjelm repped this.
  5. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Prepare to have a bag placed over your head, be shoved in a trunk, and driven over the Iowa state line. I don't want you anywhere near Bridgeview on Saturday. :)

Edit: I'll put a nice sandwich and a couple beers in the trunk for you.

SixKick and burningfire repped this.
  6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    That's sweet. :)

7. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ooh, sandwiches and beer! <twiddles fingers like Homer Simpson>

When I get really depressed I close my eyes and think of Mr. Warmth sitting at home watching the game in his Chad Barrett jersey. It doesn't really improve my mood as much as it makes me feel like my misery has some company.

8. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Acceptance goes a long way. That and merlot or marlot or whatever people are drinking nowadays.

9. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i thought most people were watching the city's fireworks?

10. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see you're not familiar with the postgame fireworks display on July 3rd and Wienergate 2013. Highs from the Hauptman Era.

11. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO:, Great you must be happy with having a team that just makes the playoffs. PLEASE JUST GO AWAY and TAKE ANDY WITH YOU.:)

loonixxx repped this.
  12. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If you are talking to Lie-ron81, I have a feeling that the mancrush isn't mutual. Andy would have to leave first.

13. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #888 iron81, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    Yes I do. Within the last three months:
    This one I was actually responding to you:
    You see Polish King, you are a dumbass. What this means is whenever you think you have a clever gotcha, it only seems like that because you can't think on my level, so you think I'm not going to have a comeback for whatever inane point you are making. Rest assured that, even though I can't always be arsed to respond to you, I almost always have the facts on my side.
    Wooosh!

14. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Would the Lobring editorial be a good example of this focus on (bashing) the customer?

15. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    For the element of the crowd that was unhappy with the anger directed at Andrew that night, yes. That article also played an important role in educating the fans on the realities of MLS, at least it should have. Whether it did for any one person depends on how far their head is stuck up their butt.

16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Four words.

Jim. Ba. Loo. She.

LocoGueroFutobolista, loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  17. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

You cannot in any shape or form have this FO take credit for Magee's "acquisition." By doing so, you instantly condemn your credibility. The man wanted come back home. When he saw the opportunity, he initiated the move.

Next, you honestly believe the Soumare was a good pick up? When his prior team wanted to get rid of him so badly that they paid his salary while playing on the Fire?

I'm sorry, the rest of these guys you mention don't hold a candle to the previous Fire players who made this team worth watching.

I'm not going to sink to your level and call you names because I understand you've been deprived of watching good football in Fire red and white uniforms. But I would expect you to be open minded and realize that you haven't seen as many Fire games as some of us old timers have.

And we love the club, it's history and traditions.

The ownership is not the club.

xtomx, ratdog, Chris M. and 4 others repped this.
  18. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I like this, a lot.

19. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He dosen't have a clue, all he's seen was the 6 years his lover has owned the team. Might be less not sure when the love affair started.;)

20. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Iron you mention some players that have worked, but what about those that Leon brought in that didn't work? What about a coach that didn't work? Scouting Pardo and Freidrich is something a blind man can do. Getting Oduro was a Houston initiated trade. Grazzini worked out until someone didn't want to pay him.

You turn a blind eye to their failures and think everything is just great. You are probably the only fan that thinks everything is great. If Andy sold the team would you stop supporting them and go support Andy's next project?

firefan2001 repped this.
  21. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Bring back Blanco. He played a full 90 almost two weeks ago in a Lobos BUAP match, scoring a goal. Not sure if it was pk, fk, or run of play. He's gotta be god for half a match, right?
    His stats so far: 6apps, 3g, 3yc

22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but the club is this ownership toy/investment; this is a fact in sports (American pro-sports for sure). Green Bay may be the only exception (maybe some minor league teams).

I know we like to dream of this being a club, but the FIRE is an asset in a holding company partially owned by an LLC.

That is the reality.

snkscore and bunge repped this.
  23. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Technically, it isn't a club right? I mean, I'm a STH but I'm not a "member of the club" because there is no membership. I believe other clubs actually do have some membership but not us.

24. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/club

Club
    An organization composed of people who voluntarily meet on a regular basis for a mutual purpose other than educational, religious, charitable, or financial pursuits.

Various types of clubs exist. An incorporated members' club is composed of a group of individuals who each contribute to the club's funds, which are used to pay the expenses of conducting the society. An unincorporated proprietary club is one whose proprietor owns the property and funds and conducts the club to attempt to make a profit. The members are entitled to use the premises and property in exchange for the payment of entrance fees and subscriptions to the proprietor as well as any additional rights and privileges provided in their contractual agreement.

25. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You are if you have Club Season Tickets.

ceezmad and RadioGonzo repped this.