Post-match: DC vs. NE Revs 4/5/14

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by bigredfutbol, Apr 5, 2014.

1. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know why Kelvin Rowe wasn't playing?

NASI GORENG repped this.
  2. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kelyn Rowe was out with a left hamstring injury.

yabo repped this.
  3. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We also have given him very little to run onto, which is his strong point...So, hope is that with more such opportunities, his performance will improve accordingly.

4. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Uhm, Big Joe Willis was at RFK Saturday as Dykstra's backup.

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't see all that way to the other side of the field :D - it didn't dawn on me until yesterday that I should have looked to see who the back-up was - I had just assumed Dykstra started because Bill was late getting back from US team duty, didn't know there was an injury until I watched the replay.

6. The Artist

The Artist Member+

Mar 22, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely this is the concern with EJ and to some extent that is just who he is. He's not going to suddenly develop great touch. He's not going to start playing with his heart on his sleeve. So, I hope, we didn't trade for him with the thought that some new scenery and Ben's personality would change him into a rah-rah guy.

I disagree it hasn't gotten any better. Against Columbus he was letting defenders just take the ball away. The last two games he has been much more physical when trying to hold up the ball. The number of obvious "lazy" moments has slowly diminished to the point I don't remember screaming at him once this weekend for not making a run or for being too casual. That said, we clearly haven't seen his A+ game yet. Is that because he has no drive to succeed now that he's got a DP contract or is that just a DP striker learning to work with new teammates? It's really hard to judge him given the state of our midfield, but if Espindola and Rolfe start having consistent success and EJ is still not fitting in fully then we'll have to wonder if he's a net plus for the team.

7. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    True, the service hasn't been great. I'm just glad we have Espindola, because he seems more able to make something out of nothing in the attack.

Winoman repped this.
  8. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This win pushed DC up higher in the standings than it has seen in quite awhile.

9. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    2-game unbeaten streak - woo! :D

Winoman and Barbieri repped this.
  10. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8