DC @ NY POSTPONED (because 1 team wouldn't play) Until 11/8/12

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fvck them all.

i just got back to my apartment (in richmond) 20 minutes ago, and i cant go back up tommorrow.

[​IMG]

EdTheRed repped this.
  2. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Bad fan

Winoman and greekchampion04 repped this.
  3. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At what point do we as fans stop giving this league our money? I'm pretty much at that point.

nobletea repped this.
  4. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am furious.

nobletea repped this.
  5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Vote with your wallet.

6. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only it was that easy for me. Sigh

7. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    natty, i appreciate and understand the sentiment, but this is not DCU fvcking us over and taking revenue away from DCU will not fix the problem.

Winoman, sitruc and merrybee repped this.
  8. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seemed really clear to me that the effort to clear the field was either laughably amateur on the part of MLS/RBNY, or detestably intentional, and I can't figure out which is actually worse.

And when Backe said he didn't want to play, I knew the decision was made at that point.

Not to mention, does it really take 3 hours to remove the tarp from the field? Why take it off 3 hours before kick off while it's snowing?? I call BS.

And as someone else pointed out, they somehow managed to officially announce it (after about 15 minutes of something like 6 people trying to shovel a field) just late enough to casually ease into the coverage of the other game that was about to start.

Are they going to talk about how they couldn't get enough crew to the stadium because of the storms? BS again. MLS screwed this up so badly that people need to lose their jobs.

It's just like I said when they switched the original game, MLS is beholden to NBC and is a complete farce. I'm tired of the lies and BS and posturing.

At this point, I think if you took the angriest 11 DC United FANS and put them on the field against RBNY we'd win based on motivation alone. I hope our players have a fraction of that emotion to get the job done.

DCUSA, Bootsy Collins and Alejandro 10 repped this.
  9. Den1412

Den1412 Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    All this just increased the rivalry between the 2 teams, i feel there will be a lot of drama in tonight's match, i hope one day(in a long future) this derby will be one of the hottest in the world.

I feel sorry for the traveling fans but don't worry the RB are gonna lose, like they always did in the important games.

Alejandro 10 repped this.
  10. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, either the fans would win or all have been ejected by the 5th minute for breaking all the RBNY players' legs...and also the coaches'.

merrybee, sitruc, DC06 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    New York Red Bulls have failed twice to provide a playable field, even though they have their own soccer-specific stadium. They had a chance to provide an alternative venue for the first game, but they didn't.

For the second chance that they had, they did not provide appropriate snow-clearing equipment that could have cleared the field in five minutes. They could have stopped in the middle of the first and second halves to clear the lines and no one would have complained.

The league has accommodated them twice while they made fools of themselves. Let's make sure that they make fools of themselves for a third time tonight by beating their team solidly on the field.

12. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sure, and I understand your sentiment. I think it makes complaints less valid when people continually fork over money to a league which at best bends the rules and at worst is...well, lets not go there. Personal decisions, obviously.

Look, the bottom line is this: I'm not swearing off MLS forever but right now for the immediate future I can not in good conscience hand money over to a league that, after incorrectly deciding to switch homefield advantage, postponed a match more or less because one team didn't feel like playing in the weather.

Winoman and JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  13. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a higher power we can complain to like CONCACAF or US Soccer? MLS participates in larger tournaments and if they can't handle their own play-offs then obviously they shouldn't be participating in other leagues as well.

14. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol Did you seriously just ask if we could complain to CONCACAF about shady goings on?

El Naranja, Bootsy Collins and Barbara repped this.
  16. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    1) How do they get the snow off the tarp then? You'd still be in the same boat trying to clear snow. It wasn't about the condition of the field, it was about the rate of snow covering the field.

2) Agreed. I watched, but would have flipped anyway.

3) That's the rub. 15 people clearing snow. metros didn't want to play.

Thx,

Jay!

17. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Hate to quote myself, but if two buses filled up just like that last night, what provisions will be made for the 700 fans who made the trip, were at the game when it was cancelled and didn't have internet access to get registered for the bus trip today.

Thx,

Jay!

18. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You'll probably get a better response asking on Twitter, you know the team doesnt read here.

19. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    They might have said something to the travelling fans like "we'll have buses reserved for you if you want to go tomorrow". Not that many could have made arrangements with work/school/the sitter from NYC.

Thx,

Jay!

Actually, here's the answer to my question from twitter:

266537192497770496 is not a valid tweet id

https://twitter.com/Parsonswlc/status/266537192497770496

And this:

https://twitter.com/DCist_Pablo/status/266538739034095616

20. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just about everyone on the bus I was on had some sort of smart phone. I was tempted to go today, but decided to just watch it on TV. Two trips up the Turnpike on consecutive days was a bit too much to take.

21. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be ok with either of these outcomes.

22. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Jack Warner will take your call. He is the epitome of integrity and transparency. After all, he wants back into the CONCACAF fold.

23. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    They should have just covered the field with salt.

fatbastard repped this.
  24. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's CLASS from the team!

25. Mr.Smartypants

Mr.Smartypants Red Card

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    University College Dublin
    Um, where would that have been, this area was a disaster area last week...and many places here still are.

The team requested postponing the game a day before the game was to be played. They knew the weather was going to be ridiculous. They had a skelton crew of people in the stadium due to travel issues and no fans..what do you want a handful of interns to do? The league botched this by not immediately postponing this game when it was obvious to anyone in this region that the conditions were going to be unplayable.

Additionally, RB has zero incentive to go gung ho and ge the match in. They made the right call in postponing, the outrage though is that MLS failed to do this until past zero hour..its on them.