David Moyes

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by ballard45, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If the press is correct in thinking that David Moyes is likely to be sacked, I would strongly urge our owners to make every effort to get him. In my opinion he is an excellent manager as proven by his time with Everton.

He was always on a hiding to nothing with Man U, anyone was! Their supporters think it is their god given right to win the league every year and at least one of the other cups on offer. Come back to the real world and recognise that to finish where they are is no disgrace and not a bad effort for his first year. It takes at least 2-3 years before a manager can really call the team his.

As for Sam, I think his time has come. He can keep a team up but beyond that has no ambition. He makes the team play highly unattractive football and makes very odd or poor decisions at times. The game against Palace being a shining example. The changes he made by removing the two most attacking players we had in Jarvis and Downing whilst leaving Nolan on the pitch were ludicrous. He has been playing Taylor a lot recently. This guy offers nothing and he can't find a spot for Joe Cole.

David Moyes would get us playing good football, would have ambition beyond survival and I think would develop our younger players as wee as a good list.

Is it unthinkable that we could not get him. I'd like to see us give it a red hot go!

claret50 repped this.
  2. Stompa

Stompa Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Frederick MD USA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would definitely go for Moyes as manager. ASAP

3. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After watching our game against the baggies earlier I now concede that we need a new man at the helm, his substitutions made no sense whatsoever, why replace two effective wingers with Cole and Cole? both are well past their best and need shifting on this Summer, perhaps 37 points will see us avoid the drop - hard to imagine clubs playing worse football than us - as I can't see us adding any more to the total in our remaining two games.

4. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sam did exactly the same as last week. Took off our attacking threat and replaced them with players who had no influence. Has to go.

5. Madman1

Madman1 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    London
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd think Moyes would be a great candidate to lead us to the Olympic Stadium to be honest with you

6. Stompa

Stompa Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Frederick MD USA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    David? And David? Why don't you get on the phone to David?

7. Madman1

Madman1 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    London
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D

8. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I think the Davids could realize they have been loyal enough and will go another direction. He brought us up as he was suppose to and has kept us up for a couple seasons. But if we have any ambition there needs to be an upgrade with the manager.

9. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Negative manager, to think we get pissed off with Allardyce...

10. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Latest stories indicate that the Board is considering Sam's position. A number of candidates have been suggested by the media but the consensus is that David Moyes would cost too much and we can't afford him. Frankly I don't think we can afford not to try and get him. Mackay, Pardew and Redknapp are some names being tossed around.

Redknapp would be a big mistake, Mackay......maybe and Pardew, whilst I like him I don't think he is right for now.

Given our history of paying stupid sums of money for players in the past, I can't see why we can't have a really serious tilt at Moyes. I don' t think that there could really be a major failure. His record with Everton is impressive and the way he gets his side to play football would suit us perfectly.

11. blainehammer

blainehammer Member

Oct 12, 2004
    White Rock, Canada
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    MacKay would be a mistake. A big fat no to Pardew and Harry. Moyes........ not sure. Doesnt inspire me. I would take anyone else who would get rid of Nolan.

12. Stompa

Stompa Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Frederick MD USA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But isn't BFS one of the highest paid managers in the world? Surely if we can afford Sam we can afford anyone.

13. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I think he's in the top 15. And we may not even crack the top 15 of our own league.

14. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This has reared its head again this week. Seems that Allardyce will only keep his job if we don't land a target.

15. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Moyes is maybe, maybe, only a slight upgrade over Allardyce . Would not want him.