David Beckam playing vrs concacaf teams?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by FenoFutbol, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    You know, i'll give Capello props solely for the fact that he did apoligise for making the mistake of dropping Beckham from the starting 11 and saying he would never again play for Real. Then he stood up like a man, ate his words, and brought him back to the team. Which is the best thing he could have done, because had he not chosen to bring back Beckham, i doubt they would have won the championship.

There is no doubt that after Beckham was brought back, he was probably in the top 3 best players for Real for the rest of the season. You cant deny that. Some people love him, some hate him, your in the latter group. And it seems that your dislike for Beckham for whatever reason, blinds you from the fact that he was one of the key players, if not THE key player that won Real the title.

Although you'll probably say he did nothing and it was the rest of the team that won the championship, it was that same team that weas calling for Capello to bring Beckham back into the starting 11. Apart from his skill on field, he lifted the team to play better and as a result they where crowned the champs.

As for your comment about me not knowing anybody in Latin America or ever being to Latin America. I think i'll just keep quite about that one this time. Because it seems that you have already done a hell of a job diggin yourself into a hole, and it would just be a waste of my time responding to such a stupid comment that would undoubtably lead to another of your ridiculous, yet funny, in a "i'm laughing at you, not with you" quotes.

2. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I'm not hating on Beckham, one of the things that made him what he is(other than being a media pretty boy) was his drive and fighting spirit on the field. I just can't stand it when countries that produce very few skillful players take average ones and try and blow them up into mini-Maradonas.

3. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

there is so many things u dont know, and i dont blame u, u know i was raised in Aguila with Paredes, one of the best national coaches.

how many seasons did beckam spent in madrid? all the did was win a liga? is that what ur super heroes are all about?

Capello is an smart guy. He did not want his team to be disturbed by mrs hollywood when they had european competition goin on. u know at madrid you dont only have to win la liga but the european tittle.

Beckams is hustler and ill give him some credit for that. Capello made a mistake in terms of disturbing even more the team, real was not playin their best and takin beckam out did bring more pressure and more critism from the press.

so of course, havin a hard time on the field and with the press would make u "eat" your words. so he did right in bringin beckam back to calm down the press, plus beck is a good pal and somehow a very profesional player, the psycology of the team went up when beck came back.

psycology is very important on a team that talks not other word than championship.

beckam may be a great guy, a profesional of the game, a hustler and just an enrique iglesias with the ladies.... but come back to reality, he can only kick the ball descently with his right foot.

i can name a thousan latinos that would kick the ball better than beck. beckam is nowhere near maradonas or roberto carlos left foot, u ever saw memo river playin? how about baltazar zapata?

face reality any latino barefooted kid on the street would school beckam with a soccer ball.

he is just a pretty boy that married an spice girl.

as far as the other kid with liverpool coach, how many european tittles the that dude win?

not european title, not world tittle, not south american tittle and you cant be in the top dogs list, period.

4. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    3. In 1977, '78, and '81.

Everything he won as Lierpool's coach.

·1974/75 Charity Shield : First prize of his managerial career
    ·1975/76 League Championship (Division 1) : First major trophy of his managerial career
    ·1975/76 UEFA Cup : His first European trophy and Liverpool's second
    ·1976/77 Charity Shield : His second Charity Shield
    ·1976/77 League Championship (Division 1) : His second league title
    ·1976/77 European Cup : Liverpool's first European Cup - club would have ended season as treble winners had it not been for an FA Cup final defeat to Manchester United
    ·1977/78 Charity Shield Shared : Shared with Manchester United, who beat them in the previous season's cup final
    ·1977/78 European Super Cup : Liverpool's first Super Cup
    ·1977/78 European Cup : Retained European Cup from the previous year
    ·1978/79 League Championship (Division 1) : Third title in four years
    ·1979/80 Charity Shield : His fourth charity shield
    ·1979/80 League Championship (Division 1) : Fourth title in five years
    ·1980/81 League Cup : Liverpool's first ever League Cup
    ·1980/81 European Cup : European Cup number 3
    ·1981/82 League Cup : Retained League Cup
    ·1981/82 League Championship (Division 1) : Fifth title in seven years
    ·1982/83 Charity Shield : Charity shield number 5
    ·1982/83 League Cup : Third successive League Cup
    ·1982/83 League Championship (Division 1) : 19th and final managerial prize

Competitions - runner up

·1974/75 League Championship (Division 1)
    ·1976/77 FA Cup
    ·1977/78 League Cup
    ·1977/78 League Championship (Division 1)
    ·1978/79 European Super Cup
    ·1981/82 Intercontinental Cup
    ·1983/84 Charity Shield

5. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

Make it short. World Championship and Champions leagues. nobody cares about epl or uefa cup.

6. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not that i agree with you, but if league titles dont count, then here is Capello's stats.

1994 : Champions League & European Super Cup

Sure is looking abit thin, considering that the only time that he won something people care about was over 13 years ago :cool:

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    But you say people dont care about league titles and UEFA cups, so if thats how you think, than 94 is the only year that he has won anything of importance.

And just for the record, Capello won nothing with AC Milan during the 1997/1998 season. Nothing with Roma 1999/2000, 2002 or 2003. Also, his titles with Juventus in 2004/2005 and 2005/2006 mean nothing as both were taken away due to match fixing.

8. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Hey cuscatleco, you are doing this all wrong, bro. When talking to feno real facts and actual common sense are wasted :D ;)

9. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    Ill do a little research on Capello for u.

The fact that he has coached the best soccer club in the history of soccer and succed is more than impressive. Madrid and Milan.

If you coach Madrid or Milan ur def one of the greatest, this teams do not joke around, they bring the of the best to their teams.

10. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

Fabio Capello (born June 18, 1946 in San Canzian d'Isonzo, Gorizia) is an Italian football manager and former professional player who most recently coached Real Madrid.

Regarded as one of the best coaches in professional football, he has the distinction of winning the domestic league title with every team he has managed, with A.C. Milan, Real Madrid, A.S. Roma and Juventus (but later stripped due to match-fixing). Capello is one of the few coaches to claim championship victories in four major European cities (Milan, Madrid, Rome and Turin).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Capello

Scudetto: 1991/92, 1992/93, 1993/94, 1995/96 (A.C Milan); 2000/01 (AS Roma); 2004/05, 2005/06(Juventus); * Juventus were subsequently stripped of both titles
    La Liga: 1996/97, 2006/2007 (Real Madrid)
    UEFA Champions League: 1994 (A.C Milan)
    Italian Super Cup: 1992, 1993, 1994 (A.C Milan) 2001 (AS Roma)
    European Super Cup: 1994 (A.C Milan)

Interesting that Capello won the CL only once. He def has the potencial to take any country to win the world though.

Is impressive that he has coached the best clubs in the world. Dont forget Juventus. The fixin crap, thats just excuses, many people think England got help when they won the world cup... Argentina and the hand of god...

When ur good, ur good, and Capello is between the greates.

1 CL. Who has win more?

How about ur boy from liverpool? how many CLs? he won with any other team or just with Liverpool?

If you are a European Coach and u dont coach for Madrid, u cant be considerated great, thats a fact.

11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    You know, your right.

All this kid does is go around in circles and contradict himself over and over again.

I'm done with it.

It was fun while it lasted. At first i thought you were just putting us all on, and that you couldn't really believe the crap that you say. But it seems that you do.

Oh well..............................

12. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will third that, around and around.

13. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow because your the epidamy of soccer genius on these boards :rolleyes: half the shit you say is retarded how old are you like 12. re read my post all im saying when it comes down to it the 11 players on the pitch have to produce not the coach. when the last time you saw a coach win a game score a goal.

and to your claims to being tied to MLS. good luck if you couldnt cut in in El salvador with your baller, wait i mean mad street soccer from the barrio. Your wont cut it here.

Cien is a different player than Becks you can compare the two, they play two completely different positions.

Feno after all these months of posting Crap like who is better el majico or messi. or okay this is only for the big dawgs.I've come to realize that your a joke on these boards god forbid we give you facts, god forbid paisas root for a white boy because were with them acording to you.

14. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bob Paisley.

3 with Liverpool. He only coached at Liverpool.

Says who? During Bob Paisley's reign Liverpool were better than Real Madrid. And that's a fact.

15. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    he is the king of Spin, once he is proved wrong he throws his comments in different direction , contradicting himself, when i read it , i try , i mean i try really hard to find a coherent thought or point , but i just can't

16. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    like a record baby?

[youtube]CMwdAc1Dzfg[/youtube]

17. Romano/Rojo

Romano/Rojo Member

May 1, 2000
    Boondocks
    I seriously doubt he would ever play in a Central American Stadium...but...I could be wrong ;-)

18. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    hey did you know that most of your sites reports have been off, Rojomania.com

but atleast your not as bad as lared.com.gt

19. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    and again, u think beckam is great, and u prob love watchin women soccer too.

why do i bother talkin futbol with this pollitos.

ill go to beckam games bc of his wife

yes he is the worse player that ever wore the glorious white shirt.

sorry if i hurt feelins. maybe beckam is that good, and capello is a nobody.

yeah maybe im wrong and los pollitos are right.

im a 22 years that play semipro in los angeles california, state champ, already rejected a couple of invitation to go pro in guatemala...

still in the process of goin pro or goin back to college.

by the way, im plannin on winnin the semipro this year, another championship this year would look good on my cool record.

peace

keep teachin me, maybe one day ill realize how great david beckam is, and landon donovan. :D

20. stevethiel

stevethiel New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Michigan
    I'm a little late jumping in this conversation, but everything you just said about beckham is absolutely ridiculous. A player that sucks doesn't captain England and carry one of the best teams in the world to a title in Spain. Come on bro, if you don't like him that's fine, but to say he sucks is just silly.

On another note, good luck with your pro career, hope it works out for you.

21. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

beckam "carried" madrid? where? to china to sell shirts? :D

22. stevethiel

stevethiel New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Michigan
    Did you watch the last 6 games of the title run?

I will give you this:

"Helped to carry" would have been more appropriate.

23. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    thats more appropiate my friend.

he helped, yeah, so did the water boy, and victoria for keepin the house clean.

come on dude, beckam is just another player who tries "hard." england and beckam never won anything, so dont act like beckam is ronaldo or zidane, not even hugo or jorge.

24. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    man you talk shit about a man who Captained england,

not a local LA semi-pro team in the LA City Sunday league that you play in

lot of talk but no walk

25. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wow did you take a couple of kicks in the head cuz your borderline retarded.:D how is someone supposed to teach you anything :eek: