Damallsvenskan et alia 2012

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    “If I get overseas, it will help with that dream of playing through maintaining my skills and conditioning and getting healthy,” she says.

Getting healthy? Oh, I'd rush to sign her up in a second! (Her degree in Sports Science didn't cover marketing and PR skills? o_O )

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha. I don't know what non-head related injury she may be carrying right now. The major health question for Chalu for the last couple of years has been concussion related. She (and her non-USSF doctors) claim she has not had continued trouble from concussions that would prevent playing. Multiple drs not employed by USSF have cleared her to play for various club teams. USSF says their dr won't clear her--though they haven't actually said that in public.

3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Dear, oh dear - cat among the pigeons time! Not exactly Damallsvenskan, but relevant as regards promotion to it: Dalsjöfors, who surprised a few people by signing Melissa Tancredi last year for play in the second league, have filed for bankruptcy. On their web page they announce that their ambition is to keep the club going, with the exception of the women's team.

4. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Wait, is a 'chalupny' those burrito-y things, or is it the ghoul that eats goats? (yeah, like she's never heard any of these jokes before...)

I'm hoping it's the burrito-y thing not the goat-bitey thing. There are plenty of odd monsters here but Mexican food can be hard to find.

5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Bad news from Söderettan. Hmm, what happens if the leaders of Söderettan (Dalsjöfors as of today) quit? Will we be looking at the return of Mallbackens to Damallsvenskan?

How about some good news from Norrettan to cheer us up: Sarah Storck leaves LdB and joins Sirius! Good news for the team (between her and Jenny Jansson, they will surely be the fastest team in the league), and happy news for me (I get to see her tearing up the grass at Studenternas once again). Revenge for Bälinge is specifically mentioned: "Det vore kul att gå upp i damallsvenskan med Sirius, det skulle kännas som en revansch för att vi åkte ur med Bälinge," säger Storck...

(credit to Dandal for the tip at Dagens Damallsvenskan, but I can't link to his link, so UNT gets it instead)

6. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalupa

[​IMG]
    ^ is a real chalupa.

[​IMG]

^ is a Taco Hell Chalupa.

I'm sure you could put goat meat in it, but I think ghoul meat is banned.

7. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    You do know they did remove the direct promotion to Damallsvenskan this year? The Söderettan winner plays Norrettan's second placed team for a spot, and vice versa.

There are two possibilities.
    1. They leave during the seasson -> Games strucken from the table -> Söderettan then only have 11 temas no1 and 2 plays qualifying matgoes to play-off for spots in Damallsvenskan,
    2.They leave after the seasson. If they failed to qualify it have no impact on Damallsvenskan, if they succeded to qualify the teams that was "best"* of the losers in the playoff between Söderettan 1st vs Norettan 2nd and Söderettan 2nd vs Norettan 1st get the spot.

What they do would depend on what the "konkursförvaltare" (recivership?) want and what Svenska Fotbollförbundet allows.

I am hopping for the second since that would increase Sirius chanses to qualify :)

* Svenska Fotbollförbundet (Swedish variaton of USSoccer) do have a rather complete definition which defiens who teh ebst loser is in that case but I am to lazy to read and understand it.

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Oh yes, oh yes. Still, it's even better if Sirius win outright, as you say. As long as it's not too soon for the finances to catch up; last I remember reading, they were aiming for Damallsvenskan in 2014, so they'd be a year early.

And they are just a smidge closer to doing it too! Last week Sirius handed Sunnanå its first loss, so the two teams are now tied at the top of the table with 35 points each, though Sunnanå is 3 ahead on goal differential.

Sirius made up some of its goals scored in the previous week's 6-0 pasting of Västerås, noteworthy also because our hometown girl, Bälinge-08-survivor-and-recent-Handcream-refugee Sarah Storck made her triumphant return to Studenternas IP, scoring a goal. I have to say that new jersey looks good on her, and in the picture, it looks like her nails are again painted a non-LdB-approved color. Välkommen Storckan! I hope you continue to enjoy your return to Uppsala and Freedom of Expression.

10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    With the recent 14-1 spanking of Gustafs GoIF, IK Sirius finds itself at the top of the table and 6 goals ahead of Sunnanå. Staying at least the second division (next year's Superettan) is assured; promotion to Damallsvenskan a year ahead of schedule is starting to be talked about openly. According to the club's boss, around 6mil SEK would be required if they want to stay there. The experience of nearby Bälinge IF serves as a cautionary tale for 'just how badly it can go' with the money thing.

(If they want any input on the question of just how badly it can go for fans, they have only to call, I'm even more nearby than Bälinge.)

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hat tip to BostonRed.

US Oly alternate Meghan Klingenberg to Tyreso. I'm a Klinger fan so I hope she does well.

12. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Lisa Ek in an LdB shirt just looks soooooo wrong o_O.

EDIT: Obviously some higher power thought so too, and smote the TV cameras.

13. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It's weird, isn't it? I thought Anya Mittag in an LdB shirt looked pretty darn strange, but yes, somehow Ek is just wrong-er. Perhaps that happens when anyone who's been wearing black for years suddenly shows up in pink.

14. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    There are some terrible rumors floating about on The Internets just now about Tyresö possibly acquiring a completely superfluous and abnormal out-of-work goaltender. I refuse to give credence to these rumors at this time, but the mere act of reading them was so traumatic that I needed to type it out, and get it off my chest.

Meanwhile, in Norettan action, Sirius beat third-place Kvarnsveden (first-hand witness account) and continues to sit alone at the top of the table. [edit: expression of optimism deleted, hopefully before the fates noticed]

Let's see, what else happened last weekend? Some Americans had a good day of it, with Christen Press scoring two goals, an assist, and a yellow card, while Yael Averbuch contributed two assists, in K/Göteborg's 5-0 pasting of Umeå IK. Jennifer Nobis scored the lone goal for Piteå, as her team lost 1-5 to Tyresö... Don't know if this counts as a 'good' day, but Lori Chalupny at least started on the field in AIK's 0-1 loss to Djurgården...

Ah, and here's Studio KGFC's lastest bit, hosted by Johanna Almgren, in which the two new Americans are interviewed (zap ahead to about 8:30 for the Amis).

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Whoops, missed the edit deadline there... K/Göteborg's two new Americans being the aforementioned Averbuch and Camille Levin. Press, in this blog entry from a yesterday, credits her new teammates with helping to re-invigorate her will to play. Oh right, and they've got Ingrid Wells too. That'sa lotsa 'Murrikins: two cardinals, a tar heel, and a 'hoya', whatever that is. (bad grammar, is what that is.)

16. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ooh. How'd she do?

17. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Hrmpf, Bällinge didn't actually go bankrupt. They pulled out of the league to avoid doing so. Not much difference for the fand perhaps but for the club and the ones that they owned money there are ;).

18. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well, she appears as a starter at svenskfotboll's bare-bones match report, but she does not figure into any of their (very sparse) comments, nor is she mentioned in damfotboll.com's report of the game (where they're much more concerned to report that Jessica Landström scored a goal, because when did that happen last?). So I guess she didn't make much of a splash. With that game, Stockholm teams AIK and Djurgården are now tied with 9 points each, at the bottom of the table, and I don't know that either of them will be making it out of there. KIF Örebro and Jitex stand above them in 10th and 9th respectively, tied with 13 points.
    Duly noted in an edit at the end.

19. MarlandRules

MarlandRules New Member

Dec 26, 2011
  20. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
  21. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden

And would you like to know why Press is scoring so much in Damallsvenskan? Because she has midfielders and defenders who feed her the ball with a spoon. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but blimey, even Anja Mittag is a scoring sensation in Damallsvenskan...

22. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

and she lead all rookies in scoring with literally no coaching at MagicJoke. Let us not forgot her goal output for Stanford and that joke award she received. What's your point? No one questions when Marta is putting balls in the net on a "so called" loaded Swedish team, given she wasn't playing with slugs when she dropped over 100 goals before joining the WPS. Even our friend
    Baby Horse got her fair share with Marta and Sinclair (where do these two rank among the best ever? :rolleyes:) by her side with a strong and WELL COACHED WNY side. Either the girl can score or not with a good Swedish side, the Stanford Globetrotters or a laughable Pro franchise in arguably the best league in the world at the time since it had literally the 3 best forwards in the world on franchise rosters.

Now, come again.

23. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [blahs] mine in my self-appointed interim editorial role.

Oh, dear. I'd hate to think that you might be right about this but there's always that possibility - law of averages, broken watch twice a day, etc. But it's so... so... unseemly. So rude to be right in Rivalry but wrong in spirit. I'd rather have you wrong Upstairs than right down Here. Honestly... :)

24. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Wait, you understood that? Help me out, I got lost somewhere in the vicinity of the slugs.