News: Dallas to PASL

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by balthrop, Apr 21, 2012.

1. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
  3. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I would prefer the 'Kicks in an MISL using traditional scoring, the fact is that the financial losses would be too high for a first year team in the MISL, even under the new USL regime.

I'm willing to support the 'Kicks as long as they do it right: play in an actual arena (not an ISC), with a professional level of promotion and presentation. The new ownership seems to understand that.

I am hopeful that the arena-level PASL-Pro (Cincinatti, Ohio, San Diego, Anaheim, and now Dallas) teams can someday be merged into the MISL. Let's see if this season can make money. I am hopeful they will.

4. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    VERY sad. I wish the PASL would make up their mind..............Doesn't make sense to have 1/2 the teams just garbage playing in dumps, 1/4 of the teams playing in decent buildings playing in front of friends and family, a few teams that actually do OK on the field and in the stands, and then you have the Sockers that win every game.

At least I will be able to call this squad "pro". Maybe

5. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better the PASL than no team at all...

Maybe in a few years if the MISL builds on what they have and expands west, there's always a chance Dallas could join.

6. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    The owners will screw it up. It will end up being another black eye for the sport.

7. TheRealist67

TheRealist67 Member

Dec 11, 2011
    If a team folds and no one saw it, does it really give a black eye?

8. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    From what I hear, it is the same bunch that folded the Sidekicks years ago. Grand...Tatu in the PASL, so pro...

9. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Interesting to read the lease agreement. OK, so if you draw 0-2000 fans you pay this, if you draw......um.....you can stop right there.

Outside of SD and Anaheim NOBODY in the west drew more than 330 folks.

How is this supposed to work in a 6K seat building???

10. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Well, for starters, they don't expect the majority of potential fans/followers to research the attendance of other teams before committing to purchase a ticket. (See Milwaukee Wave 1990-95)

11. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Hopefully they'll at least give a San Diego effort. Would be nice to see the green uniforms back...

12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was told a while back that the Sidekicks were a long shot to join the misl
    its sad we are loosing Former teams to the PASL Pro the I am sure MPS is not helping the Misl

13. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Multi-point scoring killed my sister.

14. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    I don't have a clue what the Sidekick brass was thinking, because this ship will sink, but I am sure MPS wasn't one of the turning points.

15. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Allen is to Dallas as Earth is to Mars.......in other words it's a hike, with traffic and a toll road for part of the way depending on your starting point.

The Texas Outlaws at least played in the DFW metroplex. This rink is already occupied by the CHL Allen Americans and the aforementioned indoor football team. This is a hike. If they called themselves the Texas Sidekicks or the Allen Sidekicks then fair dinkum. But to call yourself Dallas is going to help nobody. It's way to far for anyone from Dallas to attend and you will offend the locals by using Dallas as the name.

I like PASL and their business model do I hope it's a success but...... Well let's leave it at "but"

16. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    At least the football team only had 1 home game each of the last 2 seasons that overlapped the PASL season.

17. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's nothing. Back in the 1990-91 season, the New York Kick played in Albany, which is two hours north of NYC.

18. WisStateChampion

Oct 26, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ummm Im not sure if this was joke and if I missed it I apologize but Albany is in New York. They weren't refering to the NYC im assuming. So they were calling themselves by the state name like the Minnesota Wild. If I missed the point, then im sorry but just trying to clarify your point here.

19. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Interested to hear your take Syd. Good move by the league?

20. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that the AISA/NPSL (I can't remember which one they were back then) were trying to get national attention by having a team in "New York". It was a PR trick that nobody fell for.

21. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they should go by the "texas" sidekicks till they can move to a dallas location?

22. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    And video killed the radio star...

Seriously, even in Texas, MPS could work... use your fingers, then your toes, then your neighbor's fingers & toes...

23. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    NOT TRUE. From Day 1, the New York Kick was accurately described as being based upstate... and if you recall, they split their home schedule between (generally disinterested) ALBANY and (seriously, who thought of this?) GLENS FALLS.

It's not as if fans (other than worshippers of Shep Messing) were lined up outside the Coliseum on Long Island waiting for the gates to open...

24. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    ... or the Western Massachusetts Twisters

25. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    It should be a great move. Shiny new right-sized arena and ownership whose background is in ticket and sponsorship sales. Plus old faces involved. Venerated name and -- like the Wings -- they have been away long enough for people to miss them.