Dallas Sucks . . . The Next Iteration

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by fordfjord, Nov 1, 2007.

1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it can't be done like this - then don't do it at all:

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  3. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    That's what I'm talkin bout!

4. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This version is better:

5. xilitla1972

xilitla1972 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Can we finally take this horse, they call a rivalry, and shoot it in the head? These Dallas games have sparked zero interest in me, and I hate Dallas to the very core of my being. Even when we lost to them in the past, it was so ho-hum, I felt little more than pity for there 20 fans that could then celebrate it with their 2 beast-like female supporters.

Does KC have a rival?

*rey* repped this.
  6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you please take your TV and go jump off a cliff.

7. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    How can we fabricate a rivalry with an attitude like that? It's hard enough because they aren't conference rivals, and they have no fans to hate, and we rarely play against them.

8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ^^^ oh yeah. love this post.

i come from the 70s so i think back and see it this way:

Rockets vs. Lakers rivalry > Rockets vs. Mavs
    Astros vs. Dodgers rivalry > Astros vs. Rangers
    Oilers vs. Raiders rivalry > Oilers vs. Cowboys
    Houston Dynamos vs. LA Galaxy rivalry >>>>> Houston Dynamos vs. FCD

....and Seattle i dislike because the players , fans and the type of pine trees native to the PNW are dooshes.

cougarclaws, Htownkraut and Levy2k6 repped this.
  9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it amusing that folks want to bring into this conversation everything but what matters most when talking rivalry. "Frequency breeds contempt"---Dom on soccer culture.
    So, for the record, (and since pro soccer existed for some of us in Houston before MLS) Houston vs. Dallas is the most played opponent in our pro soccer history and Houston vs. Dallas has been played as the most played fixture in our state's pro soccer history.

Thus, for natives, and call me crazy for suggesting this, beating the shit outta any soccer team from Dallas never gets old.

The_Ponce and Danwoods repped this.
  10. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why don't the Texans play the Cowboys during the regular season every year?

11. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their in different conferences. In the nfl, you play one of the four divisions in the other conference on a rotating basis.

12. xilitla1972

xilitla1972 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't necessarily disagree with your argument.

Being born and raised in Houston, I do remember previous incarnations of Houston soccer. I loved the Hurricanes and attended games, but I was a kid and I don't even remember if Dallas having a team. So it's hard for me to use that as motivation. Forgive me, I was a kid.

I will say I absolutely believe the Texans soccer club in Dallas (amateur) is a bunch of over-privileged kids that think way too highly of themselves, and when Houston area select teams play them I know where my allegiance lay (or is it lie). Some of that comes from my own experiences playing those turds growing up.

But let us admit the MLS is a level of professional soccer that exceeds all previous professional and amateur forms. And as it is, FCD has provided little interest to me, but if you don't feel that way I'm not trying to change your mind.

In my opinion, rivalries are made of all sorts of factors, and the only prerequisite FCD appears to meet is location. The Frisco fiasco not withstanding.

PS Oh wait... I do hate Jair Benitez.

JC507 repped this.
  13. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only Native Houstonians should have a vote in this. As a Native Houstonian, ******** DALLAS!

14. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, it hate. It's not rational to begin with. You're thinking about it too much. It simply comes down to this:
    1. Those guys do what we do
    2. Those guys live near us.
    3. SO F**K THOSE GUYS!!!

Danwoods, nobius, El Yimmy and 1 other person repped this.
  15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me neither, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind as well. My original soccer idol was Kyle Rote Jr. who got traded from the Dallas Tornadoes to our Houston Hurricane in 1980 so that is where this begins for me.
    Then there were the tremendously entertaining Houston Hotshots vs. Dallas Sidekicks battles at the Summit that my lil' brother and I would always go to to support Terry and our guys and heckle one Tatu that loved to score on Terry so that amped up my dislike for Dallas pro soccer glory. Then there was the Houston Hurricanes FC encounters with Dallas Burns affiliated USL club Texas Rattlers (based in Dallas area) over at Butler, one night in '99 I witnessed an Open Cup qualifier that went sideways after the Rattlers players pulled every stunt the could on our guys and the ref. That really sealed the deal with Dallas soccer for me. To where we are today with Houston Dynamo vs FC Dallas where their people nuthugged on the visiting NE Revolution supporters, east coast folks that mock Texas all tbe time, the Inferior hinchas should thought twice over insulting their own state and stayed neutral and standing in their own section in their own stadium at the Cup Final, El Capitan up for grabs each year like college gridiron trophies which are iconic traditions that grow over the decades and Rico kicking Ruiz just made it icing on the cake for a lifer Houston sports junkie. Simply put, winning trophies is the ultimate goal and beating Dallas is just plain fun.

16. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i kinda like my rival to punch back. that's why i enjoyed the Pachuca - Dynamos rivalry so much. you never knew what you were going to get.

also, guys like Miguel Calero got it. he knew to play up the "heel"/"rudo" role. loved the Dikeme Mutombo finger-wag at Ngwenya when he blocked the PK. yes, i know he stopped a PK from the team i support. but that's the whole point of this no? sport, theatre, rivals. those hopeless hoopers up north only inspire my pity.

ra azua, The_Ponce and JC507 repped this.
  17. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing like getting booed in your own stadium. Damn I was so moronic at 17 years old for supporting a team I could only see once or twice a year in Mexico. I'm glad I grew out of that and support the Dynamo way more than Pachuca. 2010 changed it for me when I realized I didn't want to miss a single game of our worst season!

troutseth repped this.
  18. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. I'd much rather have a rival that I can respect because they can play a little. Apathy is worse than hatred, and it's much easier to feel apathy towards something that really sucks than it is to hate them. At least with hatred, you still care a little.

19. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    houston > dallas

is that a tear?
    naw man, what? ...naw.....its the sun ;)

...globos azules por todas partes...

dadcoachref repped this.
  20. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Esos globos son míos.....de nada. :)

21. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...earthquake-felt-in-dallas-details-to-come.ece

23. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  24. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this and expected a Cowgirls post. After not seeing one I was genuinely happy.

[​IMG]

25. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--